Hate lag? Introducing the World’s greatest QoS, including unique Anti-jitter & Anti-spike technology

Netduma Iain

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am about halfway through reading and this is impressive!  I knew the netDuma was making life much more comfortable, with a better environment for gaming, but I had no idea to WHAT EXTENT!

Excellent work guys!  A truly amazing product with fantastic customer service.  *much respect*

• Administrators

Thanks guys

literally was checking the forum a few minutes after you announced it.boy this sounds good, read it through,disappointed it wont be till winter,so im guessing Nov,Dec?

That really depends how beat testing goes. The thing that slow's down releases is bugs. If there are no bugs it could be here much sooner if there are it could be later. Its impossible to tell. I've been using it personally for few weeks at my flat & it seems stable for my traffic use. But I live alone and only use netflix, xbox and occasional web browsing so its not a stress test in terms of bugs.

Just to be clear we've stress test the algorithm in the lab, I mean stress test in terms of bugs. 

• Administrators

Awesome article, data and results.  I am really looking forward to this feature.  Does that mean the recommended bandwidth will be 100% now instead of 60-70? Winter availability?  It is winter in my freezer!! LOL

Release date really depends on beta and yes you're correct you can leave it at 100% all the time now :) 

Release date really depends on beta and yes you're correct you can leave it at 100% all the time now :)

I really look forward to this.  I normally have multiple people and devices running at once.  This weekend was an example.  I had 5-7 in my house with everyone's cell phones connected to the internet.  I am also using a Verizon Network Extender which plugs into the internet with at least 3 phones using it for 3G.  We also had 2 tablets and 3 laptops connected along with a PS4.  For this reason, I have the maximum home bandwidth that I can get from Time Warner (50Mb down and 5Mb up).  Even with this, I can definitely tell when the usage is high.

That really is going to be amazing.  I am thinking bit Eu teams that play competitive games should be beating down your doors after they read this release.  If I owned a team, you can bet I would be purchasing a couple (2 for team house gaming & surfing, as well as one for my own home).

You guys have something amazing going here, it just needs that first big breakthrough client and suddenly this little community is going to EXPLODE!!

• Administrators

I really look forward to this.  I normally have multiple people and devices running at once.  This weekend was an example.  I had 5-7 in my house with everyone's cell phones connected to the internet.  I am also using a Verizon Network Extender which plugs into the internet with at least 3 phones using it for 3G.  We also had 2 tablets and 3 laptops connected along with a PS4.  For this reason, I have the maximum home bandwidth that I can get from Time Warner (50Mb down and 5Mb up).  Even with this, I can definitely tell when the usage is high.

It should be right up your alley then mate! Look forward to hearing your feedback :) 

• Administrators

That really is going to be amazing.  I am thinking bit Eu teams that play competitive games should be beating down your doors after they read this release.  If I owned a team, you can bet I would be purchasing a couple (2 for team house gaming & surfing, as well as one for my own home).

You guys have something amazing going here, it just needs that first big breakthrough client and suddenly this little community is going to EXPLODE!!

Cheers Dillinger, personally I would use this all the time now. I really do believe lag spikes are the cause of some of those wtf moments. I think they mess up lag compensation massively. For lag compensation to work it has to estimate your ping accurately if it deviates from the mean drastically(like a spike) it will extrapolate horribly... rage ensue :P

• Administrators

Is this going to be as a new algorithm or will it replace pre-emtive/reactive or both? :) Also will this mean that the anti-flood won't be there anymore? And also, is there a maximum bandwidth speed it can handle? :)

I haven't designed the UI. But I imagine it will be similar to how it is now but you'll have check boxes for anti-jitter, anti-spike, etc. Also you'll be able to run reactive & pre-emptive simultaneously this will become the new pre-emptive. You'll have a lot more flexible, but if you choose all options you will almost guarantee absolute no jitter or spikes in the local loop :) 

• Netduma Staff

I haven't designed the UI. But I imagine it will be similar to how it is now but you'll have check boxes for anti-jitter, anti-spike, etc. Also you'll be able to run reactive & pre-emptive simultaneously this will become the new pre-emptive. You'll have a lot more flexible, but if you choose all options you will almost guarantee absolute no jitter or spikes in the local loop :)

Sounds awesome!! Will there be a max speed that all this can handle? :)

• Administrators

Sounds awesome!! Will there be a max speed that all this can handle? :)

Yes unfortunately its a limit of the hardware. Personally I'd just switch on anti-spike and anti-jitter when I'm playing then switch it off when I'm not if I have a high speed connection. 

• Netduma Staff

Yes unfortunately its a limit of the hardware. Personally I'd just switch on anti-spike and anti-jitter when I'm playing then switch it off when I'm not if I have a high speed connection. 

Ok, sounds like a good compromise tbh :)

Archived