NEW R3 FIRMWARE 4.0.40

14 hours ago, xBuTcHeRx said:

Thank you ND Team. I'll give my feedback regarding CPU Spike. Hopefully this fixes geo filter too. MW3 Is sooo strict. 

Looking at the change log, there is no mention of geo filter changes. 

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The link was for you, everything else was directed at others.

Nope, not in the change log. Glad it's working better for you though.

So it doesn't say 3 list active at all? I assume you waited to confirm the update did complete properly before resetting? We didn't make any specific changes to Geo. Might be worth you re-upgrading again to see  if that irons out your issues.

Do you see anything blocked on the map when you launch it and that happens?

Reboot the router then do an update and it'll work

Please read the entirety of the first post in this topic.

It does not, after upgrading I waited 10 minutes before factory reset. I'll downgrade and then upgrade again without a factory this time and see if the issue persists.

49 minutes ago, boothay said:

Why is "Syn Flood Protection" Off?   Also........how do i clear the R3's cache

I only use the R3 for gaming devices on a separate VLAN behind a opnsense router.

14 hours ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

Already turned them off and same thing. I might factory reset again as my hit detection is abysmal and it is taking forever to kill anything as well. So far, I'm not impressed with this update. Seems to have broken more than it fixed. Geo-filtering works but it tries a bazillion times to connect to servers outside my filter before grabbing some inside. If resetting works I'll be pulling this router from my network as I need vpn for my YouTubeTV stuff and I refuse to play with this terrible hit detection.

It’s not just me then, fyi I done a full factory reset made 0 difference in gameplay at all. The only thing I can see that this patch has done in a positive way is fix the cpu2 topping out at idle. Like you said it’s broken more than it’s fixed. For example in .16 the geo filter searching bug outside your radius was there but fixed during .23 but now has reappeared in .40. I’ve now done a full reset and reverted back to .23 gameplay much better again!

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Stilts29 said:

The device in question is wirelessly connected directly to the R3

It's IP/MAC address may have changed potentially, it won't cause you any issues, it's purely aesthetic

3 hours ago, euphidra said:

@Netduma Fraser

Hi Fraser, after I restart the router the smartphone's wifi works but after a while it works but writes connected without internet. I don't know if it's a Samsung bug after the ONE UI 6 update. I'll send you the two photos. The icon adds an exclamation point when connected without internet. I enabled ipv6 lan and wan after update 4.0.40 without any problem on the TIM network in PPPOE.

The same issue you were having before yes? We'll look into it.

2 hours ago, He4DHuNt3r_XIM said:

@Netduma Fraser

For some reason, my upload speed is low with SmartBOOST disabled with .40

About 70Mbps

When I enabled SmartBOOST, it's over 800 Mbps

Interesting, how do you have Congestion Control set exactly?

1 hour ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

It does not, after upgrading I waited 10 minutes before factory reset. I'll downgrade and then upgrade again without a factory this time and see if the issue persists.

Keep us posted!

36 minutes ago, SamT98 said:

It’s not just me then, fyi I done a full factory reset made 0 difference in gameplay at all. The only thing I can see that this patch has done in a positive way is fix the cpu2 topping out at idle. Like you said it’s broken more than it’s fixed. For example in .16 the geo filter searching bug outside your radius was there but fixed during .23 but now has reappeared in .40. I’ve now done a full reset and reverted back to .23 gameplay much better again!

The firmware wasn't made to affect gameplay specifically but to fix the bugs like you mentioned. If the previous version works best for you that's great. More firmware will be coming.

Not sure why but I've been getting VERY bad latency spikes in my games. In fortnite I keep getting the yellow and red x now. My settings are just gaming selected as my only priority. Upnp enabled, my modem is in modem mode note I've also tried it in router mode with my ps5 in the dmz and got same results. And I've tried every possible option for Congestion Control that I can think. Anyone know of a solution.20240127_221041.thumb.jpg.c7999913332df73ae41e198782fc2269.jpg

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Sentinel82 said:

Hi Fraser

No connection After upgrading to v.4 factory reset 3 times and nothing working.

I’m back to v.23 for now.

Upgrade again, then reboot the modem, wait 2 minutes, reboot the R3, wait 4 minutes and see if you get internet then.

1 hour ago, He4DHuNt3r_XIM said:

Default settings

Auto

Do you have speed test bypass enabled/disabled?

1 hour ago, JasonKnight said:

Not sure why but I've been getting VERY bad latency spikes in my games. In fortnite I keep getting the yellow and red x now. My settings are just gaming selected as my only priority. Upnp enabled, my modem is in modem mode note I've also tried it in router mode with my ps5 in the dmz and got same results. And I've tried every possible option for Congestion Control that I can think. Anyone know of a solution.

There is an issue on PC & Xbox that we know of for Fortnite preventing logging into the game so it could be related potentially, do you experience it on any other game?

I uploaded the new version and from that moment, when entering R3 it says internal server error in the application, and I have to turn off and on the R3 to make it work!! What do you have to do, to fix that problem?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Upgrade again, then reboot the modem, wait 2 minutes, reboot the R3, wait 4 minutes and see if you get internet then.

Do you have speed test bypass enabled/disabled?

There is an issue on PC & Xbox that we know of for Fortnite preventing logging into the game so it could be related potentially, do you experience it on any other game?

Yes in all the multiplayer games i play atm. COD, Battlefield, fortnite. I'm on PS5 BTW.

Hello, I have a question. What’s the expected behavior of Geo-Latency Mode? I have been playing with Geo-Latency off since 4.0.20, after upgrading to .40, I want to do some tests.

Let’s say I am from Europe, with Ping Assist off, Strict Mode on. If I put the filter circle in the US, am I going to only get US lobbies with Geo Latency on? If not, how does Geo Latency work?

Getting some absolutely dire download 'speeds' from Steam after updating

I typically got ~90-100mb/s on my isp router

image.thumb.png.39dd351df7c288fce05f93a5677499d2.png

Yet another issue, I straight up cannot connect to the router now - last update it would break and require a reboot, but it would at least get to the router web ui, now it's just failing to connect entirely. Going to try a hard reboot.

edit: rebooting let me connect, downloads were still glacial though - I turned smartboost on and it sped up, I've had it disabled previously - note my peak speed here is still ~30-40% slower than my previous peaks

image.thumb.png.1691e67a967100a4002dfca784e06f00.png

edit again:

It's doing this consistently, it starts out fast, then goes down over time until it stalls out almost completely - also note the identical peak speed, as though it's clamped:

image.thumb.png.447d0920d6b5160b6fc6ea155b984ee0.png

1 hour ago, Hotchin88 said:

Recently purchased the R3, and it should arrive tomorrow. Does anyone's R3 actually work fine ? Im a bit concerned by all the issues im seeing.

switched back to the XR1000 today.  too many issues with the R3 after the first two months, and new ones unfortunately seem to pop up with every new patch. Will set it back up in a few months after they iron out the bugs

3 hours ago, therealzome said:

switched back to the XR1000 today.  too many issues with the R3 after the first two months, and new ones unfortunately seem to pop up with every new patch. Will set it back up in a few months after they iron out the bugs

Is the XR1000 more stable? I've come across some Reddit posts expressing concerns about the XR1000, particularly regarding QoS and Congestion Control. Personally, I don't need these two features. If the Geo-Filter and the router's basic features are stable and bug-free, I am also interested in temporarily switching to the XR1000. I will, of course, continue using the R3 in parallel and assist the ND team in improving the firmware.

5 hours ago, Hotchin88 said:

Recently purchased the R3, and it should arrive tomorrow. Does anyone's R3 actually work fine ? Im a bit concerned by all the issues im seeing.

People with problems will report these problems, people without problems have no need to do that, this might be the reason why it looks like it is a total mess.
Because of your post I will share my experiences with this router so far. The router was already running "good enough" for me on the last firmware, I had to change a couple of things in the settings. I installed this new firmware this morning, reset everything to factory default. So far everything runs smoothly without changing anything. I did disable WiFi, but that is because I have my accespoints throughout the house.
I was never tempted to switch back to my old (R2) router because the troubles I had were manageable. I'm not saying the people complaining in here have no reason to do this. Clearly there are problems for them! With this post I just want to make clear that there are people happy with the hardware and software, And I'm sure future updates will only make this a better product!

Before this update my Xbox showed NAT as moderate. After de update it shows OPEN!

I'm happy with this router, but I knew I was jumping on the train early. I know that with early releases there will always be unwanted bugs. This team seems to be on top of this and are working hard to tackle these bugs.

5 hours ago, Hotchin88 said:

Depends on your setup etc. We’re seeing posts mainly here of people that need assistance. I get that, if it’s not working for you then it’s a little frustrating, especially if you have a set up in family house with wife and  kids on your back about the connection.

The flip side of that coin is when it does work. I have two R3’s (one launch and one received a week or two later). 

These R3’s are at different locations (with FTTP and FTTC connections). I split my week between the two sites.  Both work on the whole on .40 and I’ve had some absolutely brilliant hit reg on both R3’s playing BF2042.

The main issue I have is with both R3s is Wifi range.

Reaching devices like the Ring doorbell for example.

Netduma are aware and are taking a 👀. I’m confident things will get resolved. There will be more firmware updates. Resolving issues a step at a time. 

6 hours ago, Hotchin88 said:

Hi @Hotchin88,
Although the forums may not reflect it, there are a lot of satisfied owners, myself included. 

Yes there are some issues which some users are facing which are important to them but they will get fixed. 

For gaming, and lets face it that's what we got the R3 for wasn't it, the experience is awesome now. When it arrives, put release .40 on it, do a factory reset and configure it as you like it. Then try some games out, I'm sure you will like it. If not you have the option to return.

7 hours ago, Hotchin88 said:

Some bugs but it will be resolved and you’ve made a great purchase 😀👊🏻