NEW R3 FIRMWARE 4.0.40

20 minutes ago, He4DHuNt3r_XIM said:

You need to enable SmartBoost to configure CC to Always on.

Ok so that's weird with SB off and running speedtest.net I get nearer my download speeds (near 800) but the upload speed is down on what I have been getting (370)

24 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's expected, SmartBOOST needs to be enabled for those functions to work

Ok so if SB is off CC is off too yeah?

20 minutes ago, Stilts29 said:

Ok so that's weird with SB off and running speedtest.net I get nearer my download speeds (near 800) but the upload speed is down on what I have been getting (370)

Yeah it's a bug with the .40 firmware if you use PPPoE.

I'm having the same issue, hopefully it's fixed in the next update.

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, BadBill_UK said:

@Netduma Fraser I didn't have Ad Blocker turned on. 

Ah okay, it may be related to a bug we found, this'll should then be fixed in the next version.

19 minutes ago, Stilts29 said:

Ok so if SB is off CC is off too yeah?

Yes that's correct

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Axeloukos said:

For some reason I have issues with Photoshop AI as it won't generate and pops with this error. As soon as I connect back to my isp modem it works fine.

image.png.faa98e00122f1ac6f15d436e149aff80.png

Disable Adblocker, if that doesn't help disable SmartBOOST and see if it works then please

31 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Disable Adblocker, if that doesn't help disable SmartBOOST and see if it works then please

Did all that, restart and same issue. Sometimes it goes through but it's like 1 in 10 times. Not sure what the issue could even be.

13 hours ago, Nj12 said:

Man I didn’t sign up for this trial and error process,  when I made the purchase I just wanted the R3 to work.  Will that ever be the case?  Sheesh… this whole deal is incredibly off putting.

Hello.  I am in the same boat as you.  I thought that I was buying what was advertised in all the very well produced youtube advertisements.  The hardware looks exactly like the video, however when I try to use the device things are as buggy and frustrating as so many in this forum have reported. 

I am not an expert in networking by any means and as you can see the R3 is the third Duma os enabled router that I have purchased.  Have you gone down the rabbit hole which is bufferbloat?  I have discovered that this one thing may be the key to good hit detection in Call of Duty.  It may well be that steady ping is unneeded if you get an A+ on the waveform bufferbloat test.  I am still running some tests to see if this is indeed the case.  Am I still frustrated that I didn't get what I thought I was spending my money on?  YES  However, if I am able to play Call of Duty without always loosing gunfights because the opponent always sees me first and has eliminated me at the authoritative server before I can even challenge them........ maybe its not what was advertised but in a round about way it will solve the problem that I wanted solved?  Still testing and contemplating.  Best of luck to you on this frustrating endeavor. 

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:
13 hours ago, Sentinel82 said:

Hi Fraser 

Thanks again for your help - V.4 is connected  now and working fine. Have notice a slight drop on the download  speed 600 whereas V.23  would get 900. Upload speed is good.  apart from that my online gaming is awesome 👌 

The assistance you've provided me on multiple occasions has been invaluable. Cheers 

Regards 

William 

Expand  

You're very welcome, are you using PPPoE?

No, dhcp

20 hours ago, JasonKnight said:

Yes im using the geo filter and I'll check the geo filter for any spikes when I get home.

So far no spikes on the geo filter. What I've done to get my spikes gone was disabled smart boost for like an hour and re enabled it before I cut my ps5 on, and miraculously the spikes have completely gone or at least as of the past 24 hours.

On 1/29/2024 at 11:05 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Good to know! More work will be done on PO, it wasn't a focus for this update

It's not a big deal, I just turned off bypass speed test and lowered my sliders until my bufferbloat tests were at a level I wanted them at. Running smooth so far, quick question though, when using ping assist, does geo-latency need to be turned on? Or can I just use ping assist with strict mode on?  One small thing I noticed while streaming last night, there seems to be some desyncing going on and some skipping for a few moments when streaming Hulu and HBO Max. I have ad blocker disabled for my device so I don't believe that is the issue, but I may turn off smart boost next and see if it is related to that. 

Overall this was a solid update for me after re-installing, running it for a bit, then doing the factory and re-setup. Let me know if you guys decide to bring on more beta testers, would love to keep running tests and providing feedback and solutions I have found to work on my end.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Axeloukos said:

Did all that, restart and same issue. Sometimes it goes through but it's like 1 in 10 times. Not sure what the issue could even be.

It might be an issue we're aware of, if so it'll be fixed in the next one, otherwise is the PC you're using it with on the Geo-Filter?

1 minute ago, Maine said:

how do I get newest firmware ?

I've removed it for the moment while we fix issues

9 hours ago, He4DHuNt3r_XIM said:

It seems like PPPoE is the issue, here is a speedtest with a Friztbox 7530 AX handling PPPoE & R3 DHCP.

Friztbox.JPG

You have the Fritzbox as a Bridge Modem or why pppoe?

Getting the following when trying to log in via PC (latest firmware), tried Chrome and Edge, same issue.

Didn't get a chance to try the app before I had to leave.

image.png.3a163f92664e82cf70ded956f65bff2b.png

image.png.d0458d8705c89a010c65fce86f433d5b.png

clicking 'Reload this page' just results in the same thing.

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, MattyAu said:

Getting the following when trying to log in via PC (latest firmware), tried Chrome and Edge, same issue.

Didn't get a chance to try the app before I had to leave.

clicking 'Reload this page' just results in the same thing.

A reboot should get you sorted on this one

9 hours ago, Axeloukos said:

@Netduma Fraser I also was running into a similar sounding issue where certain websites and documents would either not load at all, take multiple attempts to load, or take noticeably longer to load. I made sure to factory reset and clear my browser cache after updating to .40, and I was not using adblocker. I was using the exact same settings I was using before updating to .40, and I tried troubleshooting to see if any setting changes or reboots would fix the problem, but I had no luck. While troubleshooting, I also tested on multiple devices, on both a wired connection and wifi, and across all devices I was experiencing the same issues with specific websites and documents not loading that I needed to access for school. I wanted to stay on .40 because of the fixed cpu usage that fixed my idle ping, but this bug was too much of an impact for me and I had no choice but to go back to using .23. Once I went back to .23, immediately all of the issues I was having went away. Do you think this sounds like it might be the issue that you guys are already aware of, or could it be something else?

Since the firmware has been removed should i go back to the previous version ?.

I did notice im not getting full download speeds.

The R3 is connected to ONT fiber on pppoe.

I noticed already you said they was a problem with speeds on pppoe. Just wondering if this will ever be fixed and what actually causes the problem.