NEW R3 FIRMWARE 4.0.40

• Administrators
3 hours ago, MambaMentality said:

So no geofilter improvements in this update?

If the change log doesn't mention it then it's not included.

2 hours ago, euphidra said:

@Netduma Fraser

Hi Fraser, I connect the smartphone with another wifi after updating from connected but after a while it says connected without internet and the wifi icon on the mobile phone has an exclamation point. You surf even if not like when you write connected. It is the wifi or PPPOE mode that after a while after starting the router seems to block. With the router restarted it works a little but then it does the same thing. I tried the wifi with TIM Hub plus Technicolor and the wifi always writes connected. I am connected in PPPOE with TIM. The soundbars were both connected to 5Ghz devices but during the configuration phase I connected smartphones to 2.4Ghz by connecting both and then I switched smartphones to 5Ghz. I didn't restore since it's not necessary.

You were having this issue on the previous version is that right?

2 hours ago, Spazz said:

Got an error when I tried to upgrade. Currently power cycling to try to restore internet.

edit: currently upgrading. Had to switch from edge to chrome.

A reboot first will then allow it to upgrade

1 hour ago, Freshjive said:

No games on the heat map

Screenshot 2024-01-27 110520.png

Right click the page, then go to Inspect (Element), on the window that appears click on the Network tab. Then click the checkbox to disable cache. Then click and hold the browser refresh button, and click Empty Cache and Hard Reload. Then see if it loads correctly please.

1 hour ago, 04tsx said:

Do we keep lan and wan disabled still?

It's up to you, there is no changes to IPv6 included

1 hour ago, Stilts29 said:

Played a couple of games and can actually compete in MW3. I'm praying it stays the same as performance has been awesome so far for gaming.

A couple of things noticed:

• Update error'd like Spazz reported but did a reboot and it then loaded, also performed FR after upgrade.
  • Geofilering is working great with all default options enabled. 
  • Smartboost working great, prioritising devices and games as set.
  • Still only reporting half my speeds. I have Giganet connection with an ONT that connects straight into R3. Also new cat7 cables used. 
  • Set up and down CC to 70% as ping optimiser was'nt working.  Got an A+ bufferbloat score so very pleased.
  • No issues with CPU spiking.
  • Oh and enabled IPV6 on Lan and Wan, no issues. 

Thanks to all the Netduma guys for working hard on this update and releasing today.

Glad to hear you're having a good experience so far, a reset may help with the speeds and PO working.

1 hour ago, l2eactionz said:

Does this resolve any ipv6 issues to re enable it now?

35 minutes ago, Stanlee said:

What’s the max speeds with ppoe ? 

Max I've seen is around 600Mbps.

15 minutes ago, kaos29205 said:

I work in IT so I know how hard you guys have worked on fixing  issues while at the same time trying to provide a baseline fir stability I just wanted to say thank you and if need help with testing  sign me up.  

Thank you, appreciate that!

10 minutes ago, TheTerpinator710 said:

cant get ping optimizer to work after updating...

7 minutes ago, boothay said:

Same..no ping optimizer or Speed Test 

5 minutes ago, Stilts29 said:

Was'nt able to connect for some reason. Only works when I disable smartboost for some reason and then when it runs its unable to get my ping down by much from the loaded rates. I think something is wrong here, for me anyway. I have bypass turned off too. @Netduma Fraser any idea why this might be happening?

In any case atm I'm setting 70 up and down manually and getting an A+ Buffer bloat score. 

Ping Optimizer was not mentioned in the change log, as before it can work but may not always work but try disabling the protection options in Settings and see if that helps at all.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Right click the page, then go to Inspect (Element), on the window that appears click on the Network tab. Then click the checkbox to disable cache. Then click and hold the browser refresh button, and click Empty Cache and Hard Reload. Then see if it loads correctly please.

Glad to hear you're having a good experience so far, a reset may help with the speeds and PO working.

Ping Optimizer was not mentioned in the change log, as before it can work but may not always work but try disabling the protection options in Settings and see if that helps at all.

Tried many things.. even factory resetting.. 

17 minutes ago, Stilts29 said:

For me 500 D and 800 U . The upload speed is pretty much on the mark but DL nope around half what it should be

Thanks pal you have saved me half hour of disappointment lol. Would love to lose the modem but my isp is 1gb symmetrical. Side bar this update up to now seems to be the one we should have had from launch. G G everybody.

12 minutes ago, Stanlee said:

Thanks pal you have saved me half hour of disappointment lol. Would love to lose the modem but my isp is 1gb symmetrical. Side bar this update up to now seems to be the one we should have had from launch. G G everybody.

I'd still try yourself @Stanlee as you probably have a different setup to me. I'm going to try reboot again. The speed test is very fluctuating so not ideal. In any case I got the router for its gaming capabilities and its doing ok there atm. The additional bandwidth would be great but not as important to me.

39 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

@Netduma Fraser no unfortunately not rebooted ONT and R3 and PO runs but can only gets it down to 65 UP and 28 DL which is not right. Also PO won't run unless SB is running?

I set CC manually 70/70 and getting A+ BB score so PO is off. Happy to help out with further testing on this to pinpoint issue. 

I get my usual speeds if I connect my Eero 6 pro directly to the ONT. Using the Eero as a bridge does not help. It's definitely that the R£ does not recognise full speeds when PPoE connected directly to the ONT. I have used many other speed tests to double check.

1 hour ago, kaos29205 said:

I work in IT so I know how hard you guys have worked on fixing  issues while at the same time trying to provide a baseline fir stability I just wanted to say thank you and if need help with testing  sign me up.  

Ditto, getting ready to upgrade mine but I've been trying to get on the beta test team as well. Sure, I'm no youtuber but I'd make videos if it meant helping people understand the features better.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, TheTerpinator710 said:

Tried many things.. even factory resetting.. 

What is the model of the modem/router the R3 is connected to and how have you set that to ensure all traffic flows to the R3? E.g. R3 in its DMZ, modem/bridge mode

1 hour ago, Bueyako1 said:

How you were able to make the test with the new firmware?

Click the rocket ship bottom left of the page

42 minutes ago, Stilts29 said:

@Netduma Fraser no unfortunately not rebooted ONT and R3 and PO runs but can only gets it down to 65 UP and 28 DL which is not right. Also PO won't run unless SB is running?

I set CC manually 70/70 and getting A+ BB score so PO is off. Happy to help out with further testing on this to pinpoint issue. 

I get my usual speeds if I connect my Eero 6 pro directly to the ONT. Using the Eero as a bridge does not help. It's definitely that the R£ does not recognise full speeds when PPoE connected directly to the ONT. I have used many other speed tests to double check.

What do you mean it can only get down to 65/28? SB has to be enabled for it to work yes. We're still working on boosting speeds with PPPoE if possible.

32 minutes ago, euphidra said:

Okay makes sense, we haven't changed anything in that regard so will look at it for future versions.

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the model of the modem/router the R3 is connected to and how have you set that to ensure all traffic flows to the R3? E.g. R3 in its DMZ, modem/bridge mode

Click the rocket ship bottom left of the page

What do you mean it can only get down to 65/28? SB has to be enabled for it to work yes. We're still working on boosting speeds with PPPoE if possible.

Okay makes sense, we haven't changed anything in that regard so will look at it for future versions.

@Netduma Fraser yes correct it doesnt get the ping down hardly at all for DL and UL. Tbh i'm geting A+ setting manually 70/70 so its not be a big issue for me, but will be to others I guess.

Be interested to hear on updates to get speeds up on PPPoE as this has been an issue with XR500 too. 

But seriously, great job on latest version its ticking a lot of boxes. I'm seeing active port forwarding, A+ BB, GF working and SP prioritising so very happy.

@Netduma Fraser yes correct it doesnt get the ping down hardly at all for DL and UL. Tbh i'm geting A+ setting manually 70/70 so its not be a big issue for me, but will be to others I guess.

Be interested to hear on updates to get speeds up on PPPoE as this has been an issue with XR500 too. 

But seriously, great job on latest version its ticking a lot of boxes. I'm seeing active port forwarding, A+ BB, GF working and SP prioritising so very happy.

How are you able to achieve A+ bufferbloat? I cant seem to get higher than a B! Download : 920....Upload : 940

33 minutes ago, boothay said:

How are you able to achieve A+ bufferbloat? I cant seem to get higher than a B! Download : 920....Upload : 940

You have to do it manually and not use find my speed option on the speed test. Go to speed test - advanced - then put your speeds in. I suggest from personal experience knock 5-10% off what your isp gives you and then start bufferbloat test manually but adjusting the sliders starting at 75% download and 85% upload. After many screwing arounds you’ll eventually land an A* score. It took me 3 hours 😂! Also best bet is to do this configuration when your household is very busy as you’ll get the best results this way. 

11 minutes ago, cljackhammer said:

Nope. It’s better. It’s your setup.

not when the issue(ping optimizer not working)  is happening to others... the router has been absolutely fine on my end until this new issue.. nothing on my end is causing the issue.. 

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, Stilts29 said:

Okay so it's working, just not finding the best possible values for you. Did it do better on a previous version or is it the same?

12 minutes ago, cljackhammer said:

Nope. It’s better. It’s your setup.

I cannot assume that a feature isn't working is an inherent issue with the router, I have to investigate. Lets say for example I did that, I say to the team it's not working, the first thing they'll do is hit me with all the questions I'm asking users, I won't have the answers and I'll have to come back. Let's say they just accept my "it's not working" remark, they spend hours and hours worth of time and money trying to identify an issue they can't reproduce as it turns out it is a user side issue. That doesn't help anyone and certainly not the people reporting issues as that time could be better spent fixing issues that can be reproduced.

Also, Ping Optimizer is not listed in the change log as having been fixed, it may work but as mentioned in the first post any issues that have been reported such as this will still be worked on.

6 minutes ago, Freshjive said:

I inspected the element/page disabled cache, cleared cache, and reloaded the browser....still no games in heat map

Resync the cloud please on Ping Heatmap and the Geo-Filter and see if it works please

28 minutes ago, TheTerpinator710 said:

not when the issue(ping optimizer not working)  is happening to others... the router has been absolutely fine on my end until this new issue.. nothing on my end is causing the issue.. 

@TheTerpinator710 Have you tried setting the congestion controls for upload and download manually to 70% and then test using Bufferbloat and Internet Speed Test - Waveform to check?

I think there is an issue with PO atm potentially but you should be able to get A or A+ buffer bloat score by setting manually so its not such a big issue as long as congestion control is working. Set congestion control to always on and turn off speed test bypass.

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so it's working, just not finding the best possible values for you. Did it do better on a previous version or is it the same?

I cannot assume that a feature isn't working is an inherent issue with the router, I have to investigate. Lets say for example I did that, I say to the team it's not working, the first thing they'll do is hit me with all the questions I'm asking users, I won't have the answers and I'll have to come back. Let's say they just accept my "it's not working" remark, they spend hours and hours worth of time and money trying to identify an issue they can't reproduce as it turns out it is a user side issue. That doesn't help anyone and certainly not the people reporting issues as that time could be better spent fixing issues that can be reproduced.

Also, Ping Optimizer is not listed in the change log as having been fixed, it may work but as mentioned in the first post any issues that have been reported such as this will still be worked on.

Resync the cloud please on Ping Heatmap and the Geo-Filter and see if it works please

Hi @Netduma Fraser,
Yes it did lower the UP to around 15 and the DL to around 6-7 in 0.23 and before but bufferbloat score was inconsistent and rarely hit A, let alone A+.