NEW R3 FIRMWARE 4.0.40

@Netduma Fraser

Hi Fraser, I connect the smartphone with another wifi after updating from connected but after a while it says connected without internet and the wifi icon on the mobile phone has an exclamation point. You surf even if not like when you write connected. It is the wifi or PPPOE mode that after a while after starting the router seems to block. With the router restarted it works a little but then it does the same thing. I tried the wifi with TIM Hub plus Technicolor and the wifi always writes connected. I am connected in PPPOE with TIM. The soundbars were both connected to 5Ghz devices but during the configuration phase I connected smartphones to 2.4Ghz by connecting both and then I switched smartphones to 5Ghz. I didn't restore since it's not necessary.

30 minutes ago, euphidra said:

@Netduma Fraser

Hi Fraser, connecting the smartphone with another the wifi after updating from connected but after a while it writes connected without internet and the wifi icon on the mobile phone has an exclamation point. You surf even if not like when you write connected. It's the wifi or PPPOE mode that after a while from starting the router it seems to block. With the router restarted it works a little but then it does the same thing. Tried wifi with the TIM Hub plus Technicolor and the wifi always writes connected. I am connected in PPPOE with TIM. The soundbars cannot be detected to connect them. I didn't reset since it's not necessary.

If Tim's a router why you using pppoe? That's a very hard read

Got an error when I tried to upgrade. Currently power cycling to try to restore internet.

edit: currently upgrading. Had to switch from edge to chrome.

fw error 2.png

fw error.png

57 minutes ago, l2eactionz said:

If Tim's a router why you using pppoe? That's a very hard read

I only use the modem part in the bridge and connect in PPPOE.

22 minutes ago, euphidra said:

I only use the modem part in the bridge and connect in PPPOE.

I didn't think pppoe was needed when you have a modem. Dhcp should work as the Internet into the home is sorted by the modem and your r3 acts as a dhcp no?

43 minutes ago, Stilts29 said:

Played a couple of games and can actually compete in MW3. I'm praying it stays the same as performance has been awesome so far for gaming.

A couple of things noticed:

• Update error'd like Spazz reported but did a reboot and it then loaded, also performed FR after upgrade.
  • Geofilering is working great with all default options enabled. 
  • Smartboost working great, prioritising devices and games as set.
  • Still only reporting half my speeds. I have Giganet connection with an ONT that connects straight into R3. Also new cat7 cables used. 
  • Set up and down CC to 70% as ping optimiser was'nt working.  Got an A+ bufferbloat score so very pleased.
  • No issues with CPU spiking.
  • Oh and enabled IPV6 on Lan and Wan, no issues. 

Thanks to all the Netduma guys for working hard on this update and releasing today.

Ping optimiser still not working ?

4 minutes ago, TheTerpinator710 said:

if anyone is getting a error when trying to upload, try a different browser... worked for me

i think this can happen but dont worry, click after that on upgrade on the button and it will work also

6 minutes ago, l2eactionz said:

Ping optimiser still not working ?

Was'nt able to connect for some reason. Only works when I disable smartboost for some reason and then when it runs its unable to get my ping down by much from the loaded rates. I think something is wrong here, for me anyway. I have bypass turned off too. @Netduma Fraser any idea why this might be happening?

In any case atm I'm setting 70 up and down manually and getting an A+ Buffer bloat score. 

30 minutes ago, Stanlee said:

What’s the max speeds with ppoe ? 

For me 500 D and 800 U . The upload speed is pretty much on the mark but DL nope around half what it should be