NEW R3 FIRMWARE 4.0.40

8 hours ago, Hotchin88 said:

Recently purchased the R3, and it should arrive tomorrow. Does anyone's R3 actually work fine ? Im a bit concerned by all the issues im seeing.

Overall R3 works fine. Geo-Filter works. I am not experiencing those network connectivity and low download speed issues that others are reporting, expect a major issue I already reported.

Wireless devices on the same Wi-Fi frequency cannot see each other, for example devices connected to 5GHz are all isolated, but they can communicate with devices connected 2.4GHz. It causes a lot of problems with smart home devices, printers and local file sharing.

15 hours ago, Sentinel82 said:

Hi Fraser

No connection After upgrading to v.4 factory reset 3 times and nothing working.

I’m back to v.23 for now.

Sentinel82 I think im gonna skip this NEW update for now. I see nothing, but NEW issues after the update for some people.

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you have speed test bypass enabled/disabled?

I've tried enabled & disabled - Same results

Test - Enabled2.JPG

Test - Disabled2.JPG

Speed Test Bypass seems to do nothing or congestion Control isn't working correctly on Firmware .40

SmartQoS - 3.JPG

SmartQoS - 4.JPG

1 hour ago, iOrcus said:

Sentinel82 I think im gonna skip this NEW update for now. I see nothing, but NEW issues after the update for some people.

This update fixed a lot of problems, only issue I see now is some settings reset after you reboot the router. I think people who are having problems have a ISP issue or problems with their own hardware

25 minutes ago, He4DHuNt3r_XIM said:

I've tried enabled & disabled - Same results

Test - Enabled2.JPG

Test - Disabled2.JPG

Speed Test Bypass seems to do nothing or congestion Control isn't working correctly on Firmware .40

SmartQoS - 3.JPG

SmartQoS - 4.JPG

Hi !
You must « always » set it when you want to carry out the congestion test!

16 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

Hi !
You must « always » set it when you want to carry out the congestion test!

Ah yes how silly of me! - Okay Congention Control is working fine I can confirm.

But the low upload speed with SmartBoost Disabled is still a issue on .40

low upload speed.JPG

34 minutes ago, He4DHuNt3r_XIM said:

Ah yes how silly of me! - Okay Congention Control is working fine I can confirm.

low upload speed.JPG

You have a symmetrical gigabit connection?

7 hours ago, cedric108 said:

Is the XR1000 more stable? I've come across some Reddit posts expressing concerns about the XR1000, particularly regarding QoS and Congestion Control. Personally, I don't need these two features. If the Geo-Filter and the router's basic features are stable and bug-free, I am also interested in temporarily switching to the XR1000. I will, of course, continue using the R3 in parallel and assist the ND team in improving the firmware.

As it stands now, my XR1000 is more stable. All of the issues that I’m having with the R3 went away when I switched back. I like the R3s feature set, just hope it gets patched soon. 

OK so I swapped back to .23, let it bake for 20 minutes, swapped back to the .40 and let that bake for 20 minutes and ran a round or two. Factory reset to clear out some hanging on the router and everything is working except ping optimizer. When I run it, the upload tests at 100% every time. Half the time, it fails to load or the other it tells me my ping is optimal already. Tried this with no devices connected and all my devices connected. Geo-Filter and hit detection are much better this go around. Almost there, seems like just a few more bugs to isolate and fix now!

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Damg31 said:

I uploaded the new version and from that moment, when entering R3 it says internal server error in the application, and I have to turn off and on the R3 to make it work!! What do you have to do, to fix that problem?

As in you tried to update and you got the error and then rebooting and updating worked?

18 hours ago, JasonKnight said:

Yes in all the multiplayer games i play atm. COD, Battlefield, fortnite. I'm on PS5 BTW.

Are you using the Geo-Filter? If so do you notice any spikes on the ping shown there?

18 hours ago, cedric108 said:

Hello, I have a question. What’s the expected behavior of Geo-Latency Mode? I have been playing with Geo-Latency off since 4.0.20, after upgrading to .40, I want to do some tests.

Let’s say I am from Europe, with Ping Assist off, Strict Mode on. If I put the filter circle in the US, am I going to only get US lobbies with Geo Latency on? If not, how does Geo Latency work?

Yes it should function like the normal filter essentially.

17 hours ago, JR_ said:

Getting some absolutely dire download 'speeds' from Steam after updating

I typically got ~90-100mb/s on my isp router

17 hours ago, JR_ said:

Yet another issue, I straight up cannot connect to the router now - last update it would break and require a reboot, but it would at least get to the router web ui, now it's just failing to connect entirely. Going to try a hard reboot.

edit: rebooting let me connect, downloads were still glacial though - I turned smartboost on and it sped up, I've had it disabled previously - note my peak speed here is still ~30-40% slower than my previous peaks

edit again:

It's doing this consistently, it starts out fast, then goes down over time until it stalls out almost completely - also note the identical peak speed, as though it's clamped:

Check SmartBOOST isn't prioritizing something else at the time or whether Congestion Control is heavily throttling you. 

14 hours ago, Hotchin88 said:

Recently purchased the R3, and it should arrive tomorrow. Does anyone's R3 actually work fine ? Im a bit concerned by all the issues im seeing.

This is a support forum so you will only see issues posted here unfortunately, compared to the customer base it's a small percentage.

4 hours ago, swippur said:

This update fixed a lot of problems, only issue I see now is some settings reset after you reboot the router. I think people who are having problems have a ISP issue or problems with their own hardware

How are you rebooting exactly? What settings are reverting?

3 hours ago, He4DHuNt3r_XIM said:

What is the model of the modem/router the R3 is connected to and how have you set that to ensure all traffic flows to the R3? E.g. R3 in its DMZ, modem/bridge mode

58 minutes ago, Michu89 said:

After the update to 0.40 Ping optimizer is not working. I have to turn back to 0.23 :( and of course speed is max 500 but i have 1000 :( 

It's the same as the previous version really but you can just adjust Congestion Control manually which is what Ping Optimizer does.

53 minutes ago, Megatf said:

Are we gonna get Fortnite FW today? 

Unlikely, it'll take a couple of days at least I suspect.

28 minutes ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

OK so I swapped back to .23, let it bake for 20 minutes, swapped back to the .40 and let that bake for 20 minutes and ran a round or two. Factory reset to clear out some hanging on the router and everything is working except ping optimizer. When I run it, the upload tests at 100% every time. Half the time, it fails to load or the other it tells me my ping is optimal already. Tried this with no devices connected and all my devices connected. Geo-Filter and hit detection are much better this go around. Almost there, seems like just a few more bugs to isolate and fix now!

Good to know! More work will be done on PO, it wasn't a focus for this update

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, DanologyUK said:

There is no way the CPU issue has been resolved

Also it will still go up high, it doesn't mean it'll stay low constantly, based on usage and things it will fluctuate but should not be hitting 100 consistently.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the model of the modem/router the R3 is connected to and how have you set that to ensure all traffic flows to the R3? E.g. R3 in its DMZ, modem/bridge mode

The ONT is a Calix 801G GigaPoint v2 - Which is standard for CityFibre installs.

https://support.aa.net.uk/CityFibre_ONT

It doesn't have a GUI or that, it's purely a modem for FTTP

R3 is the only router been used (PPPoE)

• Administrators
1 hour ago, He4DHuNt3r_XIM said:

The ONT is a Calix 801G GigaPoint v2 - Which is standard for CityFibre installs.

It might be due to PPPoE, do you have the ability to use another router to handle it to check?

12 minutes ago, Michu89 said:

@Netduma Fraserany idea why duma os still cuts my internet speed to 500mb?

Are you using PPPoE?

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It might be due to PPPoE, do you have the ability to use another router to handle it to check?

Are you using PPPoE?

Yes i am using pppoe

30 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you using PPPoE?

Before i had Asus gt ax11000 with pppoe and i had full speed

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Damiano Calafiore said:

In dhcp permane il problema con alcuni router ,che non viene visualizzato il ping e la media della partita!!mi segnalano molti utenti !!@

It wasn't covered in this version so still being worked on

43 minutes ago, Michu89 said:

Yes i am using pppoe

That'll be it then, we'll be working on boosting the speed with PPPoE where possible

2 hours ago, He4DHuNt3r_XIM said:

I have this ONT with my City Fibre install. 

On a 500 Up and Down connected to the R3 and get full speeds. 

Had a GB line before but hardly used it so went to a 500Mbs line.

I just set my speeds and made sure the CC is set correctly  

I always keep SmartBoost on tho!

IMG_4385.png