NEW R3 FIRMWARE 4.0.40

15 minutes ago, Stilts29 said:

I dared to switch on AdBlocker an hour ago after a good solid day of gaming and it didnt affect anything to my knowledge. It was blocking stuff though on my PC.

Yeah absolutely zilch on my network is getting ads blocked, shows zero on my end. To be honest, if this is the biggest issue, I am not tripping if they can just send over their default list lol.

image.thumb.png.ff0bdbddf5fc0a297f904118a939657c.png

Looks like ping assist may be broken. I have the assist set high enough to grab multiple servers on COD and when I fire the game up it blocks them all. Not sure if we have to disable strict mode now but it worked before. 

1 hour ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

Yeah absolutely zilch on my network is getting ads blocked, shows zero on my end. To be honest, if this is the biggest issue, I am not tripping if they can just send over their default list lol.

image.thumb.png.ff0bdbddf5fc0a297f904118a939657c.png

There was a rare occasion, where IPv6 had something to do with blocking ads. So either enabling or disabling IPV6 on both LAN & WAN, had done the trick. I only experienced this once, I believe. Something could have not fully updated on the R3 and the Adblocker wasn't using the right settings. But, the IPv6 method I mentioned, seem to fixed it at that time.

49 minutes ago, TrayDay said:

There was a rare occasion, where IPv6 had something to do with blocking ads. So either enabling or disabling IPV6 on both LAN & WAN, had done the trick. I only experienced this once, I believe. Something could have not fully updated on the R3 and the Adblocker wasn't using the right settings. But, the IPv6 method I mentioned, seem to fixed it at that time.

Already turned them off and same thing. I might factory reset again as my hit detection is abysmal and it is taking forever to kill anything as well. So far, I'm not impressed with this update. Seems to have broken more than it fixed. Geo-filtering works but it tries a bazillion times to connect to servers outside my filter before grabbing some inside. If resetting works I'll be pulling this router from my network as I need vpn for my YouTubeTV stuff and I refuse to play with this terrible hit detection.

Post update I can no longer connect to MW3 on launch with geofilter enabled - if I disable it to launch, it works afterwards once ingame

50 minutes ago, JR_ said:

Post update I can no longer connect to MW3 on launch with geofilter enabled - if I disable it to launch, it works afterwards once ingame

Had that same issue, eventually connected with geofilter enabled but now I'm having terrible hit detection and it never tell me how much latency it is adding for stabilizing the ping.

5 hours ago, Zac said:

what program or website did you use here? curious to test myself.

Waveform buffer bloat test. 

Hi team so I tried to update the R3 and I encountered problems: the first is that it is not updated it remained on the 23 and the second during the update more way to put the home page of the router so I had to turn it off and then turn it back on and it put me back on update 23 so I did not insist. While waiting for your answer cordially Julien

9 hours ago, Blaky2519 said:

Do you have to do factory reset?

Personally I preferred to do one, it can be annoying if you have a large network but it's always better to start on a healthy basis

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Blaky2519 said:

In what helps turning Off ipv6?

The link was for you, everything else was directed at others.

10 hours ago, satinghostrider said:

I'm guessing this update still does not fix the WPS button functionality? 

Definitely feels much better than the previous 4.0.23 firmware. Had to reset my router after upgrade as wifi speeds suddenly dropped very low. Would recommend everyone for a factory reset after upgrading to this new version. 

Nope, not in the change log. Glad it's working better for you though.

10 hours ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

Everything is working as it should, even getting much better speed test results now too that are within 10-15 Mbps of my actual speed. My ONLY complaint, AdBlocker isn't blocking anything now. I see zero lists in place on my router but I suppose I can add some in on my own, so if the team has suggestions that would be great.

My update process was as follows:

I powered off the router first, plugged it directly to my PC with no internet attached, powered it back up, installed new FW and then factory reset. After the reset, I let it soak while I made me a drink. Then, I rebooted it after so it had time to fully build in the new firmware. I then gave it internet from my ONT and did the setup, working flawlessly now. Gonna start testing some more and will report back, so far so good guys!

8 hours ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

Looks like ping assist may be broken. I have the assist set high enough to grab multiple servers on COD and when I fire the game up it blocks them all. Not sure if we have to disable strict mode now but it worked before. 

So it doesn't say 3 list active at all? I assume you waited to confirm the update did complete properly before resetting? We didn't make any specific changes to Geo. Might be worth you re-upgrading again to see  if that irons out your issues.

6 hours ago, JR_ said:

Do you see anything blocked on the map when you launch it and that happens?

3 hours ago, julienFR said:

Hi team so I tried to update the R3 and I encountered problems: the first is that it is not updated it remained on the 23 and the second during the update more way to put the home page of the router so I had to turn it off and then turn it back on and it put me back on update 23 so I did not insist. While waiting for your answer cordially Julien

Reboot the router then do an update and it'll work

2 hours ago, Psyco-Mengo said:

Where can i get the file for the new firmware? 

Please read the entirety of the first post in this topic.

9 hours ago, TrayDay said:

disabling IPV6 on both LAN & WAN A+ NOW TANKS 

If it helps anyone I'm noticing that when testing bufferbloat multiple times after making changes to the download CC using the waveform website, I needed to clear the browser cache as it was coming back with incorrect results. So basically make a change run the test, make another change > reset cache > run test seemed to work consistently. You may be setting something in CC right or wrong and be getting wrong results. 

@Netduma Fraser I'm getting an issue with 0.40 whereby some wireless devices are showing up under wired tree in device manager? One example was an echo dot showing under wired. Tried blocking > re enabling, resync and refresh.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Sgt-Greco said:

Ping optimizer doesn't work. It falls into an infinite loop. I can't set CC manually either. It's grayed out.

with .23 everything was OK

We haven't specifically fixed that but would suggest factory resetting as it should work better overall after that. If it's greyed out then indicates SmartBOOST has been disabled.

2 hours ago, Stilts29 said:

If it helps anyone I'm noticing that when testing bufferbloat multiple times after making changes to the download CC using the waveform website, I needed to clear the browser cache as it was coming back with incorrect results. So basically make a change run the test, make another change > reset cache > run test seemed to work consistently. You may be setting something in CC right or wrong and be getting wrong results. 

@Netduma Fraser I'm getting an issue with 0.40 whereby some wireless devices are showing up under wired tree in device manager? One example was an echo dot showing under wired. Tried blocking > re enabling, resync and refresh.

Are the devices connected directly to the router or are they using an AP, extender etc?

31 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We haven't specifically fixed that but would suggest factory resetting as it should work better overall after that. If it's greyed out then indicates SmartBOOST has been disabled.

Are the devices connected directly to the router or are they using an AP, extender etc?

The device in question is wirelessly connected directly to the R3

12 hours ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

Already turned them off and same thing. I might factory reset again as my hit detection is abysmal and it is taking forever to kill anything as well. So far, I'm not impressed with this update. Seems to have broken more than it fixed. Geo-filtering works but it tries a bazillion times to connect to servers outside my filter before grabbing some inside. If resetting works I'll be pulling this router from my network as I need vpn for my YouTubeTV stuff and I refuse to play with this terrible hit detection.

For anyone having hit reg problems. Try not to log into Duma OS via Chrome (or other desktop browsers) while gaming. Set it as you want in DumaOS then close the browser, game away. 

if you want to check what’s going on dip into your phone app to check. 

Having some pretty decent games like this. So hope it works for others. 

Yoda

@Netduma Fraser

Hi Fraser, after I restart the router the smartphone's wifi works but after a while it works but writes connected without internet. I don't know if it's a Samsung bug after the ONE UI 6 update. I'll send you the two photos. The icon adds an exclamation point when connected without internet. I enabled ipv6 lan and wan after update 4.0.40 without any problem on the TIM network in PPPOE.

99771b87-0f0d-421c-aac1-4e241acac0d7.jpg

3fc90c4f-bc3e-42d5-a0c8-b77597f4f630.jpg