My settings for Good Hit detection MW3 <R3 Router

Go to speed test click on the small three dots on the upper right hand side >advance and manually enter the speed on there.

The Port Forwarding is for open Nat on ps5?

In the forum they say a 5 Mbit download and 0.5 Mbit upload.
Does that make a big difference?

Thank You for the Guide 🙂

Just now, Fairypusher said:

I just changed my download and upload those settings and now my bufferbloat is A+ instead of B 

42 minutes ago, KGoogle said:

How do you get your download down to 100mbs mine only lets me go down to 50% which for me is still 500mb 

speed test and change your speed to 100, then congestion only goes down to 50% witch all you need

18 minutes ago, Fairypusher said:

mines are moderate … I don’t see a difference with it open 

On 1/10/2024 at 3:20 PM, Spritekid242 said:

mines are moderate … I don’t see a difference with it open 

i use upnp and have open nat in ps5 and xbox series x 🙂

Anyone tested this on PC? Also, do you always use these settings or just turn them on when playing? I have 4 TVs, 3 phones, and a bunch of random smart devices always going at my house. IDK if 80 down would be enough to support multiple 4K streams + other stuff without adding a bottleneck somewhere.

@GlazekoXR500 is still good your not missing a whole world by any means what you do need is the DPI to be updated to the latest version which I have requested for the XR1000 about 6 months ago and still pending....that why when you do a buffer bloat test it not optimized correctly because your missing the DPI catalog which affects what games/applications are detected.

On 1/18/2024 at 7:37 PM, TrayDay said:

Yes, it works for PC as well.

I have Spectrum / Charter / Comcast
My ISP package is 950/40

I just halve it to make it easier. You basically just want to ensure that you have 0ms for both Download and Upload on the waveform bufferbloat tests. I could tweak my Upload a bit more but it works with these settings.

2024-01-18_17-33-05.png.7bd2b88c1598258d947f43ce9341cef2.png

2024-01-18_17-34-57.png.71ccc22c99d73b7814e0ddc4a5fd4f13.png

I'll be glad when optimization works for me. I tried setting mine and turning on speed test bypass still get almost my full speeds and +150ms or more of bufferbloat on the download side and +60ms on upload. Both numbers were in the 30s on my XR1000

3 minutes ago, Spazz said:

I'll be glad when optimization works for me. I tried setting mine and turning on congestion during speed tests and still get almost my full speeds and +150ms or more of bufferbloat on the download side and +60ms on upload. Both numbers were in the 30s on my XR1000

Did you make sure you had disabled "Speed Test Bypass"?

2024-01-19_19-15-03.png

1 minute ago, TrayDay said:

Did you make sure you had disabled "Speed Test Bypass"?

2024-01-19_19-15-03.png

Indeed. Factory reset is out of the question. It's a Friday night and I have a house full of people winding down from the week. I've factory reset twice today and something breaks every time on .23 FW

advanced ping.png

wave.png

3 minutes ago, Spazz said:

Indeed. Factory reset is out of the question. It's a Friday night and I have a house full of people winding down from the week. I've factory reset twice today and something breaks every time on .23 FW

advanced ping.png

wave.png

I have run into this problem where my Congestion Control was giving me bad readings. The only way to cure it, unfortunately, was a Factory Reset. But, it's a method in doing it, until I believe the  bug is fix.

1. You Reboot the router first, using the back power button.

2. Once it has fully loaded back, refresh the GUI 192.168.77.1 page or visit the page if you didn't have it already loaded.

3. Now, perform a factory reset using the GUI menu from the settings section.

This should completely Factory Reset the R3. I've noticed, if I reset and setup after the reset process and I visist the Dashboard or Geo-filter. If you're not greeted with the "TAKE THIS TOUR" prompt. 

Your R3 hasn't fully reset, properly.

The method above seems to work well.

10 minutes ago, TrayDay said:

I have run into this problem where my Congestion Control was giving me bad readings. The only way to cure it, unfortunately, was a Factory Reset. But, it's a method in doing it, until I believe the  bug is fix.

1. You Reboot the router first, using the back power button.

2. Once it has fully loaded back, refresh the GUI 192.168.77.1 page or visit the page if you didn't have it already loaded.

3. Now, perform a factory reset using the GUI menu from the settings section.

This should completely Factory Reset the R3. I've noticed, if I reset and setup after the reset process and I visist the Dashboard or Geo-filter. If you're not greeted with the "TAKE THIS TOUR" prompt. 

Your R3 hasn't fully reset, properly.

The method above seems to work well.

I'll give this a shot as soon as everyone's asleep.