My settings for Good Hit detection MW3 <R3 Router

just wanted to add to this post. i have an R2 but i am in the Netduma RF2 Early access Forum where i have basically the beta version of duma os 4 ( not completey duma os 4 just have smartqos/favorites and stats for nerd. i have 500/500 fiber, i port forwarded my ports, use 1.1.1.1 in my router and 8.8.8.8 in my ps5 ( i do this cause for some weird reason i get better ping to 8.8.8.8. with 1.1.1.1 in my router dns setting than if i used 8.8.8.8..), ps5 ip static and upnp off. so the only setting i used was the bandwith allocation on the ports he shared and the hitreg has been amzing and on various pings to. im on a ps5 vs pc kids in rank on 20,44,70,88 ping and its been consistently great. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2024 at 9:20 AM, Spritekid242 said:

mines are moderate … I don’t see a difference with it open 

Are you still having success with this set up?  Also which version was this set up on?

On 3/5/2024 at 2:41 AM, MainLifeline said:

just wanted to add to this post. i have an R2 but i am in the Netduma RF2 Early access Forum where i have basically the beta version of duma os 4 ( not completey duma os 4 just have smartqos/favorites and stats for nerd. i have 500/500 fiber, i port forwarded my ports, use 1.1.1.1 in my router and 8.8.8.8 in my ps5 ( i do this cause for some weird reason i get better ping to 8.8.8.8. with 1.1.1.1 in my router dns setting than if i used 8.8.8.8..), ps5 ip static and upnp off. so the only setting i used was the bandwith allocation on the ports he shared and the hitreg has been amzing and on various pings to. im on a ps5 vs pc kids in rank on 20,44,70,88 ping and its been consistently great. 

this helped me out alot.  thanks man 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, dionsaur_ said:

something on my router ain't right? Not gettin full speeds/right pings in game

Stats for Nerds - Google Chrome 3_23_2024 12_43_56 AM.jxr 1.07 MB · 2 downloads

What are your full speeds and where are you testing them? What does a 'right' ping mean to you?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What are your full speeds and where are you testing them? What does a 'right' ping mean to you?

I have fiber so its around 750 down and  up, I test in the DumaOS, ookla shows full speeds. When I first got the router I was getting 20-50 ping to my best server now I'm getting around 60-80 to most servers

• Administrators
6 hours ago, dionsaur_ said:

I have fiber so its around 750 down and  up, I test in the DumaOS, ookla shows full speeds. When I first got the router I was getting 20-50 ping to my best server now I'm getting around 60-80 to most servers

What is the model of the modem/router the R3 is connected to and how have you set that to ensure all traffic flows to the R3? E.g. R3 in its DMZ, modem/bridge mode

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the model of the modem/router the R3 is connected to and how have you set that to ensure all traffic flows to the R3? E.g. R3 in its DMZ, modem/bridge mode

honestly couldn't tell ya that. My modem is located outside in a box? 

18 minutes ago, dionsaur_ said:

honestly couldn't tell ya that. My modem is located outside in a box? 

found the fix!! The mac address on dumaOS was wrong to the mac address on the R3 thanks it was off by 1 number at the end. I never changed the mac address so could be a bug. I should be getting full speeds now and my ping is down

• Administrators
7 hours ago, dionsaur_ said:

found the fix!! The mac address on dumaOS was wrong to the mac address on the R3 thanks it was off by 1 number at the end. I never changed the mac address so could be a bug. I should be getting full speeds now and my ping is down

Great to hear that, thanks for the update and solution!

And finally, should we turn off Speed Test Bypass and play our online games that way? Does this setting, when it's on, have anything to do with the game and latency? I'm still learning some things about this router. Thank you.

On 3/23/2024 at 10:10 PM, dionsaur_ said:

how did u find out it was wrong having the same problems 

• Administrators
On 3/27/2024 at 1:53 AM, Zli said:

And finally, should we turn off Speed Test Bypass and play our online games that way? Does this setting, when it's on, have anything to do with the game and latency? I'm still learning some things about this router. Thank you.

You can see how it works here: 

On 3/5/2024 at 8:41 AM, MainLifeline said:

which ports did you use mate? does is make sense to open all ports between 1-65535?

3 hours ago, Tony23 said:

which ports did you use mate? does is make sense to open all ports between 1-65535?

He didn't open all ports on his device. At least, I don't think he did. Since he did mention he port forwarded. As he may very well open all the ports. Which would be equivalent to DMZ, or as you know, 1-65535.

But, what I know seem to help him here in this case is as he mentioned. "Bandwidth Allocation". But I think he is referring to the Bandwidth Reserve, that starts at Step 2 of the OP guide. You put 1-65535 for TCP and UDP .

Anyone tried OP’s settings in Warzone? What kind of settings have worked best for ppl in WZ?

19 hours ago, TrayDay said:

He didn't open all ports on his device. At least, I don't think he did. Since he did mention he port forwarded. As he may very well open all the ports. Which would be equivalent to DMZ, or as you know, 1-65535.

But, what I know seem to help him here in this case is as he mentioned. "Bandwidth Allocation". But I think he is referring to the Bandwidth Reserve, that starts at Step 2 of the OP guide. You put 1-65535 for TCP and UDP .

Sorry my question was actually: did he prioritize the mentioned ports since it would mean to prioritize all ports. Does not make sense.

56 minutes ago, Tony23 said:

Sorry my question was actually: did he prioritize the mentioned ports since it would mean to prioritize all ports. Does not make sense.

Seeing you own R2, and he was talking about R2.

Then, yeah, you're right. He prioritized ALL PORTS. It seems to be working for him, it seems.

6 hours ago, Tony23 said:

I just remembered. He's using the R2, but he said he's using a beta version that is similar to Netduma R3. Which means, he DID do something similar to the OP setup guide. Bandwidth Reservation.

Here's a setup image guide I put together on how to set this up on R3 and should be the same setup on that beta R2 firmware.

Step 1 of the guide. Just click on SmartQOS. But if you want to skip those step and jump right to step 6. Click the link below for R3
http://192.168.77.1/dumaweb/#smartqos/profiles/profile_Favourites/allocations
I believe the link is different for R2. Possibly have to start from step one.
But for R3, continue from step 6 onwards.

BANDWIDTH_RESERVE_COMPLETE_SETUP.thumb.png.4226ada616757d09961ae2277b929853.png

2 hours ago, TrayDay said:

I just remembered. He's using the R2, but he said he's using a beta version that is similar to Netduma R3. Which means, he DID do something similar to the OP setup guide. Bandwidth Reservation.

Here's a setup image guide I put together on how to set this up on R3 and should be the same setup on that beta R2 firmware.

Step 1 of the guide. Just click on SmartQOS. But if you want to skip those step and jump right to step 6. Click the link below for R3
http://192.168.77.1/dumaweb/#smartqos/profiles/profile_Favourites/allocations
I believe the link is different for R2. Possibly have to start from step one.
But for R3, continue from step 6 onwards.

BANDWIDTH_RESERVE_COMPLETE_SETUP.thumb.png.4226ada616757d09961ae2277b929853.png

Does this settings really make any difference in MW3? What is your personal opinion and does this have any logic?🙂

8 minutes ago, Zli said:

Does this settings really make any difference in MW3? What is your personal opinion and does this have any logic?🙂

It all depends on what one feels is working great for them. The SmartQOS does a great job in being able to detect the COD traffic and prioritizing it. What I believe is happening is the connection quality of the user may be what's happening. For example, a user may have on 100MB, but their household have many devices. So, their gaming device is making sure they have 20MB up and down. So when someone is downloading, they ping 100% will not spike crazy high and their ping remains stable in response, their hit detection is good.

3 hours ago, TrayDay said:

It all depends on what one feels is working great for them. The SmartQOS does a great job in being able to detect the COD traffic and prioritizing it. What I believe is happening is the connection quality of the user may be what's happening. For example, a user may have on 100MB, but their household have many devices. So, their gaming device is making sure they have 20MB up and down. So when someone is downloading, they ping 100% will not spike crazy high and their ping remains stable in response, their hit detection is good.

Thanks for the tip.

Just curious if you sue this on a PC, then you have a massive update for games, how do you toggle this off to run the downloads at max? 

Also, opening up all your ports like that seems no different that dropping it in DMZ which is a security concern.

1 hour ago, satinghostrider said:

Thanks for the tip.

Just curious if you sue this on a PC, then you have a massive update for games, how do you toggle this off to run the downloads at max? 

Also, opening up all your ports like that seems no different that dropping it in DMZ which is a security concern.

When using bandwidth reserve and adding ports. You're adding ports that are used by the game or app to have the bandwidth you have set in bandwidth reserve. You're not portforwarding in the bandwidth reserve settings. 
There's a portforwarding setting, in settings of the R3, dedicated to portforwarding.

As far as full downloads. Bandwidth Reserve is not limiting to what value you set. If anything, it will not go below THE MAX setting that you set Bandwidth Reserve to.

Downloads still get a fairly large amount.

SMARTQOS_BANDWIDTH_RESERVE.thumb.png.60dd810fcfeed1ca4d3db065c165742c.png