My settings for Good Hit detection MW3 <R3 Router

On 1/21/2024 at 7:14 PM, Chackall said:

While I have to fire 20 shots to kill someone in Warzone, I die with 8. In Multiplayer I have to fire 5~6 shots to kill, but I die with 3~4.

It's not R3's fault.

I've already used 4 different routers, including a MiniPC (x86) running OpenWRT and Cake QoS, nothing helped.

I've done everything you can imagine, I've messed with hardware, software, network, it just seems like a curse that has no cure.

I think the thing is just to let it go, I give up.

You have test 4 Routers?

Have you a bad routing / peering from your isp?

You can see it on Pingplotter i think.
You can see the Server IP in the R3 and can run ping plotter.

And the bad Gameplay is a lot of from Cheater an no recoil scripts.
The Ping or Paketloss and Hit detection is very strange, sometimes.

You can test your side of Gameplay and dont forget. A Lot auf Cheater... 😔

On 1/21/2024 at 3:27 PM, TrayDay said:

So, I wanted to test my theory about utilizing SmartQOS to its strengths. I conducted a test and had quite the variation of results, but overall, I'm quite pleased with my findings.

It's all in the "FAVORITES" and how you set it up. But, I do think what does help is adding Cloudflare Application to the list.

I kept my PC using the 20Mb bandwidth as usual. But, I noticed I was getting a bit more milliseconds on my ping on bufferbloat test today.
The test below are as follows.

I rebooted my R3 right before conducting these tests. This first one is without adding CloudFlare to my SmartQOS

2024-01-21_11-42-26_withoutCLoudFlare.png.8ecea0f819972aae0226eba715148dc7.png

This second one is adding Cloudflare 3rd and Cloudflare Speedtest 4th right below Apex Legends and Gaming

2024-01-21_11-45-16_Cloudflare_3rd.png.af22122eff5427b4a4731c03c2d11533.png

This third one is adding Cloudflare as number 1 right above Apex Legends, Gaming and Cloudflare Speedtest 4th. The download on this test PEAKED as high as +3ms.

2024-01-21_11-47-20_Cloudflare_1st_plus3.png.b660698e969170857c34b0ac1d427c8d.png

This fourth one is adding Cloudflare to the bottom of the list or 7th place of my list and Cloudflare Speedtest as 3rd place. The ms PEAKED at +4ms.

2024-01-21_11-47-20_Cloudflare_7th_plus4.png.caebb11e49eb003fc2d91accbe3ee862.png

Then in this last one, I placed Cloudflare 6th and Cloudflare Speedtest 7th. Basically the last two on my list and this stayed consistent.

2024-01-21_11-47-20_Cloudflare_7th_n_CloudSpeedtest_8th.png.e45c870a5aa635524d416e2099c9a578.png

As I was taking screenshots of my setup. This is where I noticed that, this entire time, my "Speed Test Bypass" was re-enabled after I rebooted from the GUI/Menu. @Netduma Fraser
All these tests above are with it ENABLED(That I didn't know it was). But, this is my setup

CC_Speedtest_PrioritiesSmartqos.thumb.png.238437178607a2eb68cadbd5f075c432.png

So when I noticed this, I DISABLED "Speed Test Bypass" and this is my result

2024-01-21_11-59-13_Speedtest_bypass_off.png.9a1c1652f8c7723fa5677371f88f8bcf.png

So, SMARTQOS priorities is essential in ensuring your setup is working properly. As @Spritekid242stated, make sure everything is connected to the R3. If you have a second router that's hooked up behind the R3. That can also be the problem. If your second router is not in "Access Point" that's behind the R3. This can also cause some issues. Do not have a router BEFORE the R3. Again, if you can, try to ensure that every device is connected to the R3 for the best possible experience.

When someone performs these BufferBloat Tests from a PC, is the general consensus to connect to the R3 via a LAN Cable or can Wi-Fi work as well? 

2 minutes ago, Jumppy_15 said:

When someone performs these BufferBloat Tests from a PC, is the general consensus to connect to the R3 via a LAN Cable or can Wi-Fi work as well? 

It would be best to connect via a LAN cable. But, you can do it from Wi-Fi as well. But, you will still have some buffer bloat still minimum, as opposed to not using these settings.

11 hours ago, Fuzy said:

DPI is not an exact science and extremely difficult to implement, which is why you need to focus on what happens on SmartBoost when you use an app, a test website or a game ; etc!

The more details you provide to the team, the better it will be!

Take the time to do it, it's for everyone's benefit.

It takes an army to do it and fortunately NetDuma has his! 😁 😉

DPI is not that difficult to implement especially with openwrt: "netflows, sflow, ipfix". The most worrying thing about DPI is respect for privacy because it no longer exists.

On 1/18/2024 at 6:37 PM, TrayDay said:

Yes, it works for PC as well.

I have Spectrum / Charter / Comcast
My ISP package is 950/40

I just halve it to make it easier. You basically just want to ensure that you have 0ms for both Download and Upload on the waveform bufferbloat tests. I could tweak my Upload a bit more but it works with these settings.

2024-01-18_17-33-05.png.7bd2b88c1598258d947f43ce9341cef2.png

2024-01-18_17-34-57.png.71ccc22c99d73b7814e0ddc4a5fd4f13.png

Alright my guy!  you seem to have answers and a way of clearly explaining things that I hope the support people are taking note of because you seem to be explaining things that others have not been able to clearly explain.  SO, the last piece of the puzzle I need to hear from you is exactly now to set up my gaming PC in both the "device manager" and in the geofilter.  For years Fraser has said to set up a gaming PC as a playstation in "device manager"  this hasn't seemed to accomplish anything for me that is noticeable beyond simply assigning it its real identity.  He has never in any of the posts taken the time to explain why I would want to do this.  Maybe he knows my PC better than I do and maybe it identifies as a playstation?!?!  Either way, could you explain in detail how to set this all up?

thanks in advance

1 hour ago, rvndo said:

Alright my guy!  you seem to have answers and a way of clearly explaining things that I hope the support people are taking note of because you seem to be explaining things that others have not been able to clearly explain.  SO, the last piece of the puzzle I need to hear from you is exactly now to set up my gaming PC in both the "device manager" and in the geofilter.  For years Fraser has said to set up a gaming PC as a playstation in "device manager"  this hasn't seemed to accomplish anything for me that is noticeable beyond simply assigning it its real identity.  He has never in any of the posts taken the time to explain why I would want to do this.  Maybe he knows my PC better than I do and maybe it identifies as a playstation?!?!  Either way, could you explain in detail how to set this all up?

thanks in advance

Yes, @Netduma FraserFraser does everything that he can to assist others. Again, yes, currently as of 4.0.23, you can set the PC device as "Games Console". As the Geo-Filter is able to recognize the PC more and show on the GUI what your ping statistics are. This is only temporary, as I'm pretty sure it's going to be fixed and show the ping statistics on the GUI in future updates.

It's still working when you labeled your PC as "Computer" in device manager. Just not showing ping stats, so to make it a little easier. Setting your PC as "Games Console" on Device Manager, will help temp fix this for now.

17 minutes ago, TrayDay said:

Yes, @Netduma FraserFraser does everything that he can to assist others. Again, yes, currently as of 4.0.23, you can set the PC device as "Games Console". As the Geo-Filter is able to recognize the PC more and show on the GUI what your ping statistics are. This is only temporary, as I'm pretty sure it's going to be fixed and show the ping statistics on the GUI in future updates.

It's still working when you labeled your PC as "Computer" in device manager. Just not showing ping stats, so to make it a little easier. Setting your PC as "Games Console" on Device Manager, will help temp fix this for now.

Thank you!

51 minutes ago, TrayDay said:

yeah, all the things you suggested made for a much better game experience, with hit registration and also it now seems like the enemy players don't always see me first (most likely this is because the bufferbloat has been fixed)..... and now the but.  But, I set it as a gaming console and it doesn't show the graph.... just never shows the graph for me in Call of Duty.  I know what it should look like because it always shows in Fortnite.  Any other ideas?

1 hour ago, rvndo said:

yeah, all the things you suggested made for a much better game experience, with hit registration and also it now seems like the enemy players don't always see me first (most likely this is because the bufferbloat has been fixed)..... and now the but.  But, I set it as a gaming console and it doesn't show the graph.... just never shows the graph for me in Call of Duty.  I know what it should look like because it always shows in Fortnite.  Any other ideas?

You could also try labeling the PC as "PlayStation". But, I believe there's a fix coming in the near future updates, which is in reference to the PC issue I mentioned earlier.

Also, as I stated before, your settings in the Geo-Filter is still be taken into effect, even if you don't see them.

On 1/21/2024 at 8:27 PM, TrayDay said:

So, I wanted to test my theory about utilizing SmartQOS to its strengths. I conducted a test and had quite the variation of results, but overall, I'm quite pleased with my findings.

It's all in the "FAVORITES" and how you set it up. But, I do think what does help is adding Cloudflare Application to the list.

I kept my PC using the 20Mb bandwidth as usual. But, I noticed I was getting a bit more milliseconds on my ping on bufferbloat test today.
The test below are as follows.

I rebooted my R3 right before conducting these tests. This first one is without adding CloudFlare to my SmartQOS

2024-01-21_11-42-26_withoutCLoudFlare.png.8ecea0f819972aae0226eba715148dc7.png

This second one is adding Cloudflare 3rd and Cloudflare Speedtest 4th right below Apex Legends and Gaming

2024-01-21_11-45-16_Cloudflare_3rd.png.af22122eff5427b4a4731c03c2d11533.png

This third one is adding Cloudflare as number 1 right above Apex Legends, Gaming and Cloudflare Speedtest 4th. The download on this test PEAKED as high as +3ms.

2024-01-21_11-47-20_Cloudflare_1st_plus3.png.b660698e969170857c34b0ac1d427c8d.png

This fourth one is adding Cloudflare to the bottom of the list or 7th place of my list and Cloudflare Speedtest as 3rd place. The ms PEAKED at +4ms.

2024-01-21_11-47-20_Cloudflare_7th_plus4.png.caebb11e49eb003fc2d91accbe3ee862.png

Then in this last one, I placed Cloudflare 6th and Cloudflare Speedtest 7th. Basically the last two on my list and this stayed consistent.

2024-01-21_11-47-20_Cloudflare_7th_n_CloudSpeedtest_8th.png.e45c870a5aa635524d416e2099c9a578.png

As I was taking screenshots of my setup. This is where I noticed that, this entire time, my "Speed Test Bypass" was re-enabled after I rebooted from the GUI/Menu. @Netduma Fraser
All these tests above are with it ENABLED(That I didn't know it was). But, this is my setup

CC_Speedtest_PrioritiesSmartqos.thumb.png.238437178607a2eb68cadbd5f075c432.png

So when I noticed this, I DISABLED "Speed Test Bypass" and this is my result

2024-01-21_11-59-13_Speedtest_bypass_off.png.9a1c1652f8c7723fa5677371f88f8bcf.png

So, SMARTQOS priorities is essential in ensuring your setup is working properly. As @Spritekid242stated, make sure everything is connected to the R3. If you have a second router that's hooked up behind the R3. That can also be the problem. If your second router is not in "Access Point" that's behind the R3. This can also cause some issues. Do not have a router BEFORE the R3. Again, if you can, try to ensure that every device is connected to the R3 for the best possible experience.

great post and very interesting , I didn't even know you could add those to your priorities  and it does make a difference . thanks 

On 1/21/2024 at 11:14 AM, Chackall said:

Unfortunately for me it didn't work.

R3 was my last hope of having fun playing Call of Duty, but it wasn't this time.

I made all the possible and imaginable configurations, including that of my friend SpriteKid, I really manage to keep my bufferbloat at zero, with greater internet consistency (in other words, the router does what it promises), however, inside the game basically nothing has changed.

While I have to fire 20 shots to kill someone in Warzone, I die with 8. In Multiplayer I have to fire 5~6 shots to kill, but I die with 3~4.

It's not R3's fault.

I've already used 4 different routers, including a MiniPC (x86) running OpenWRT and Cake QoS, nothing helped.

I've done everything you can imagine, I've messed with hardware, software, network, it just seems like a curse that has no cure.

I would highly recommend downloading pingplotter onto a PC, then play games like you normally do on your console or PC and let it just run in the background. After a game or 2, check to see if you're getting packet loss or high latency spikes. Another thing worth noting is if your hops to a game server if you have the IP or just running to a external DNS like 8.8.8.8 are higher than normal, that could be an upstream router issue within your ISP. IF THIS IS THE CASE, stay on the line with them and have them give you a support email to send screen shots of the hop issues. I did this with my fiber company as recently, my connection has been GARBAGE. So I tested, and sure enough my 2nd and 3rd hop from my network were OVER 125ms, thus, my shots don't register correctly. They are now having the NOC look into the issue and hopefully they get it fixed before the weekend. If your ISP doesn't listen, report them to the FCC or if outside the US, report them to whoever handles your Broadband and communications.

Guys, one question:

What is the difference between me putting my speeds at 40/10 and putting the Congestion Control bars at 50% and me putting my speeds at 20/5 with the Congestion Control bars at 100%?

What exactly will Congestion Control do in each of these situations (50% and 100%), where the speeds will be the same, but one limited by the Speed Test tool and the other limited by the Ping Optimizer tool?

Thanks.

Realistica

4 hours ago, Chackall said:

Guys, one question:

What is the difference between me putting my speeds at 40/10 and putting the Congestion Control bars at 50% and me putting my speeds at 20/5 with the Congestion Control bars at 100%?

What exactly will Congestion Control do in each of these situations (50% and 100%), where the speeds will be the same, but one limited by the Speed Test tool and the other limited by the Ping Optimizer tool?

Thanks.

Realistically, you want as much overhead to be available so you can game but also stream and download without saturating your pipe to your home. Bufferbloat is different for everyone depending on a lot of things. Spectrum and Comcast in America are notorious for over provisioning their modems so people hit over their bandwidth amount and it strains the cabinet up the road. So if you are supposed to get 500 download and you get 600, set your speed as 500 and slide your controls till you don't get added latency. Rinse repeat for upload. This allows bandwidth to be managed with your available bandwidth without clogging your bandwidth pipe. Hope this helps :)

does this look normal? i did exact settings and with my normal speed 1000down and 50 up i was only getting a grade of C no matter what what congestion control settings? so I adjusted my internet speed to 100 download and 50 upload and finally got an A+ but on the Bufferbloat text its saying my internet speed is too slow?

does going from 1000/50 to 100/50 slowdown my other devices?

image.thumb.png.3e8a51cb8322bf79ef55393c7bb62b5e.png

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, joel82 said:

does this look normal? i did exact settings and with my normal speed 1000down and 50 up i was only getting a grade of C no matter what what congestion control settings? so I adjusted my internet speed to 100 download and 50 upload and finally got an A+ but on the Bufferbloat text its saying my internet speed is too slow?

does going from 1000/50 to 100/50 slowdown my other devices?

You've changed the max speed available for the entire network so yes it has slowed them down but the results do indicate that whatever throttling you were doing previously, it needs to be a bit more. Alternatively do the PingPlotter method to discover the best results for you.

PingPlotter method? also been on for 1 hour and shows 0 for gaming. i just want to make sure its normal,

image.thumb.png.5aec9050364a6132be6463a1e94ce5da.png

image.thumb.png.ce89f4a3062817172877a7fe885c2cb7.png

shouldn't i have stats for prioritize traffic?

image.thumb.png.d7f4cdad10753d327228417419521ab7.png

• Administrators
1 hour ago, joel82 said:

PingPlotter method? also been on for 1 hour and shows 0 for gaming. i just want to make sure its normal,

shouldn't i have stats for prioritize traffic?

It's under Prioritized Traffic, shown under automatic allocation. Okay so it is prioritizing then, we just need to get the counter on the dashboard fixed.

Using this guide while saturating your connection with downloads and experimenting with the percentages would allow you to reach the best results. https://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

On 1/21/2024 at 6:14 PM, Chackall said:

Unfortunately for me it didn't work.

R3 was my last hope of having fun playing Call of Duty, but it wasn't this time.

I made all the possible and imaginable configurations, including that of my friend SpriteKid, I really manage to keep my bufferbloat at zero, with greater internet consistency (in other words, the router does what it promises), however, inside the game basically nothing has changed.

It's not R3's fault.

I'm in the same boat, changed my ISP, now I have fiber, changed my PC, changed monitor, mouse, keyboard, headphones, power sockets for PC and monitor, windows re-install. Nothing worked, my ping is as low as 3 sometimes, mostly under 10 but I have this weird delay in everything that's on the screen and the sound, and it looks somewhat blurry when moving the camera around fast. On my screen it looks like I shoot the enemy, on the kill cams it shows that I missed.

Sometimes the game feels great, mostly late night, and when that happens I am frying, but I can't stay up till 3:00 AM to start playing too often.

I have just ordered my R3 to see if it helps, I don't have much hope.

On 1/24/2024 at 10:20 PM, TG3NOC1D3 said:

I would highly recommend downloading pingplotter onto a PC, then play games like you normally do on your console or PC and let it just run in the background. After a game or 2, check to see if you're getting packet loss or high latency spikes. Another thing worth noting is if your hops to a game server if you have the IP or just running to a external DNS like 8.8.8.8 are higher than normal, that could be an upstream router issue within your ISP. IF THIS IS THE CASE, stay on the line with them and have them give you a support email to send screen shots of the hop issues. I did this with my fiber company as recently, my connection has been GARBAGE. So I tested, and sure enough my 2nd and 3rd hop from my network were OVER 125ms, thus, my shots don't register correctly. They are now having the NOC look into the issue and hopefully they get it fixed before the weekend. If your ISP doesn't listen, report them to the FCC or if outside the US, report them to whoever handles your Broadband and communications.

Hey! How would I check the hops, would a "tracert" command be enough?

1 hour ago, Silviu U. said:

Hey! How would I check the hops, would a "tracert" command be enough?

Yes, tracert should be enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ive tried everything i havent played multiplayer in a min im about ready to throw my controller thru my monitor i feel so damn behind when im playing the lag comp feels like mw3 from 2011