My settings for Good Hit detection MW3 <R3 Router

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Spazz said:

Did that and still no dice. I'm about to do another factory reset. QOS isnt activating at all. 

1. Have you got any devices in the DMZ?
  2. Made any port forwarding rules?
  3. Made any Traffic Rules?
  4. Any priorities triggering on SmartBOOST when a test is done? 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:
  1. Have you got any devices in the DMZ?
  2. Made any port forwarding rules?
  3. Made any Traffic Rules?
  4. Any priorities triggering on SmartBOOST when a test is done? 

1. No

2. No

3. No

4. No priorities set. Just the favorites tab with ports 1-65535 like in the OP. When I disable that and use a profile with the standard gaming > streaming > general web priority setup, web gets triggered. 

I just purchased mine yesterday so glad no more of xr500 now R3. I hate netduma team up with netgear they should just be a single company

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Spazz said:

1. No

2. No

3. No

4. No priorities set. Just the favorites tab with ports 1-65535 like in the OP. When I disable that and use a profile with the standard gaming > streaming > general web priority setup, web gets triggered. 

The ports is why Congestion Control is not applying then, you are prioritizing everything which supersedes Congestion Control. If you remove that you'll see it adheres to your percentages

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The ports is why Congestion Control is not applying then, you are prioritizing everything which supersedes Congestion Control. If you remove that you'll see it adheres to your percentages

I tested before I did that as well. Same deal. I’ll do it now and record it to show you 

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is it just that site or does speedtest.net show the same?

5 hours ago, Fuzy said:

@Spazz

Hi !

Do you use a VPN on your browser or VPN software on your PC?

Make sure IPv6 is disabled too!

No VPN, IPV6 disabled, speedtest.net looked similar. In-game search was also starting at <57ms. Swapped back over to the XR1000 and it immediately went down to <25ms. I'll be using this until the R3 gets new FW 

Unfortunately for me it didn't work.

R3 was my last hope of having fun playing Call of Duty, but it wasn't this time.

I made all the possible and imaginable configurations, including that of my friend SpriteKid, I really manage to keep my bufferbloat at zero, with greater internet consistency (in other words, the router does what it promises), however, inside the game basically nothing has changed.

While I have to fire 20 shots to kill someone in Warzone, I die with 8. In Multiplayer I have to fire 5~6 shots to kill, but I die with 3~4.

It's not R3's fault.

I've already used 4 different routers, including a MiniPC (x86) running OpenWRT and Cake QoS, nothing helped.

I've done everything you can imagine, I've messed with hardware, software, network, it just seems like a curse that has no cure.

I think the thing is just to let it go, I give up.

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, Chackall said:

Unfortunately for me it didn't work.

R3 was my last hope of having fun playing Call of Duty, but it wasn't this time.

I made all the possible and imaginable configurations, including that of my friend SpriteKid, I really manage to keep my bufferbloat at zero, with greater internet consistency (in other words, the router does what it promises), however, inside the game basically nothing has changed.

While I have to fire 20 shots to kill someone in Warzone, I die with 8. In Multiplayer I have to fire 5~6 shots to kill, but I die with 3~4.

It's not R3's fault.

I've already used 4 different routers, including a MiniPC (x86) running OpenWRT and Cake QoS, nothing helped.

I've done everything you can imagine, I've messed with hardware, software, network, it just seems like a curse that has no cure.

I think the thing is just to let it go, I give up.

It might be worth posting a clip of your gameplay, if you've gone through 4 different routers and your internet connection is fine then it may be another problem. For example it may look as though it is lag when it isn't. 

So, I wanted to test my theory about utilizing SmartQOS to its strengths. I conducted a test and had quite the variation of results, but overall, I'm quite pleased with my findings.

It's all in the "FAVORITES" and how you set it up. But, I do think what does help is adding Cloudflare Application to the list.

I kept my PC using the 20Mb bandwidth as usual. But, I noticed I was getting a bit more milliseconds on my ping on bufferbloat test today.
The test below are as follows.

I rebooted my R3 right before conducting these tests. This first one is without adding CloudFlare to my SmartQOS

2024-01-21_11-42-26_withoutCLoudFlare.png.8ecea0f819972aae0226eba715148dc7.png

This second one is adding Cloudflare 3rd and Cloudflare Speedtest 4th right below Apex Legends and Gaming

2024-01-21_11-45-16_Cloudflare_3rd.png.af22122eff5427b4a4731c03c2d11533.png

This third one is adding Cloudflare as number 1 right above Apex Legends, Gaming and Cloudflare Speedtest 4th. The download on this test PEAKED as high as +3ms.

2024-01-21_11-47-20_Cloudflare_1st_plus3.png.b660698e969170857c34b0ac1d427c8d.png

This fourth one is adding Cloudflare to the bottom of the list or 7th place of my list and Cloudflare Speedtest as 3rd place. The ms PEAKED at +4ms.

2024-01-21_11-47-20_Cloudflare_7th_plus4.png.caebb11e49eb003fc2d91accbe3ee862.png

Then in this last one, I placed Cloudflare 6th and Cloudflare Speedtest 7th. Basically the last two on my list and this stayed consistent.

2024-01-21_11-47-20_Cloudflare_7th_n_CloudSpeedtest_8th.png.e45c870a5aa635524d416e2099c9a578.png

As I was taking screenshots of my setup. This is where I noticed that, this entire time, my "Speed Test Bypass" was re-enabled after I rebooted from the GUI/Menu. @Netduma Fraser
All these tests above are with it ENABLED(That I didn't know it was). But, this is my setup

CC_Speedtest_PrioritiesSmartqos.thumb.png.238437178607a2eb68cadbd5f075c432.png

So when I noticed this, I DISABLED "Speed Test Bypass" and this is my result

2024-01-21_11-59-13_Speedtest_bypass_off.png.9a1c1652f8c7723fa5677371f88f8bcf.png

So, SMARTQOS priorities is essential in ensuring your setup is working properly. As @Spritekid242stated, make sure everything is connected to the R3. If you have a second router that's hooked up behind the R3. That can also be the problem. If your second router is not in "Access Point" that's behind the R3. This can also cause some issues. Do not have a router BEFORE the R3. Again, if you can, try to ensure that every device is connected to the R3 for the best possible experience.

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think at this point it would be best to factory reset to eliminate any variables and just adjust Congestion Control and see if it adheres then

I've factory reset 9-10 during the two tweak sessions I had with the R3 last week. My congestion control wouldnt work even if it was the only thing I touched during or after initial setup. I appreciate all of your help but Im back on the XR1000 til new FW drops. With the way my schedule is setup, it's too much of a hassle to do it during the week. I'll try Friday morning or when the new FW drops. Whichever happens first.

18 hours ago, Spritekid242 said:

Make sure all devices in your household on the netduma then try the buffer blout

They were all connected. 3 hardwired and 15 wireless. 

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Spazz said:

I've factory reset 9-10 during the two tweak sessions I had with the R3 last week. My congestion control wouldnt work even if it was the only thing I touched during or after initial setup. I appreciate all of your help but Im back on the XR1000 til new FW drops. With the way my schedule is setup, it's too much of a hassle to do it during the week. I'll try Friday morning or when the new FW drops. Whichever happens first.

They were all connected. 3 hardwired and 15 wireless. 

That's fair enough, there should be a lot of fixes and overall improvements in the new update so if it's still not working then it should be a lot easier to narrow down for the devs

20 hours ago, TrayDay said:

So, I wanted to test my theory about utilizing SmartQOS to its strengths. I conducted a test and had quite the variation of results, but overall, I'm quite pleased with my findings.

It's all in the "FAVORITES" and how you set it up. But, I do think what does help is adding Cloudflare Application to the list.

I kept my PC using the 20Mb bandwidth as usual. But, I noticed I was getting a bit more milliseconds on my ping on bufferbloat test today.
The test below are as follows.

I rebooted my R3 right before conducting these tests. This first one is without adding CloudFlare to my SmartQOS

2024-01-21_11-42-26_withoutCLoudFlare.png.8ecea0f819972aae0226eba715148dc7.png

This second one is adding Cloudflare 3rd and Cloudflare Speedtest 4th right below Apex Legends and Gaming

2024-01-21_11-45-16_Cloudflare_3rd.png.af22122eff5427b4a4731c03c2d11533.png

This third one is adding Cloudflare as number 1 right above Apex Legends, Gaming and Cloudflare Speedtest 4th. The download on this test PEAKED as high as +3ms.

2024-01-21_11-47-20_Cloudflare_1st_plus3.png.b660698e969170857c34b0ac1d427c8d.png

This fourth one is adding Cloudflare to the bottom of the list or 7th place of my list and Cloudflare Speedtest as 3rd place. The ms PEAKED at +4ms.

2024-01-21_11-47-20_Cloudflare_7th_plus4.png.caebb11e49eb003fc2d91accbe3ee862.png

Then in this last one, I placed Cloudflare 6th and Cloudflare Speedtest 7th. Basically the last two on my list and this stayed consistent.

2024-01-21_11-47-20_Cloudflare_7th_n_CloudSpeedtest_8th.png.e45c870a5aa635524d416e2099c9a578.png

As I was taking screenshots of my setup. This is where I noticed that, this entire time, my "Speed Test Bypass" was re-enabled after I rebooted from the GUI/Menu. @Netduma Fraser
All these tests above are with it ENABLED(That I didn't know it was). But, this is my setup

CC_Speedtest_PrioritiesSmartqos.thumb.png.238437178607a2eb68cadbd5f075c432.png

So when I noticed this, I DISABLED "Speed Test Bypass" and this is my result

2024-01-21_11-59-13_Speedtest_bypass_off.png.9a1c1652f8c7723fa5677371f88f8bcf.png

So, SMARTQOS priorities is essential in ensuring your setup is working properly. As @Spritekid242stated, make sure everything is connected to the R3. If you have a second router that's hooked up behind the R3. That can also be the problem. If your second router is not in "Access Point" that's behind the R3. This can also cause some issues. Do not have a router BEFORE the R3. Again, if you can, try to ensure that every device is connected to the R3 for the best possible experience.

This was my findings too. With Speed Test Bypass enabled the download and upload Active went crazy high. Once disabled it was A+.

DPI is not an exact science and extremely difficult to implement, which is why you need to focus on what happens on SmartBoost when you use an app, a test website or a game ; etc!

The more details you provide to the team, the better it will be!

Take the time to do it, it's for everyone's benefit.

It takes an army to do it and fortunately NetDuma has his! 😁 😉