My settings for Good Hit detection MW3 <R3 Router

3 minutes ago, TrayDay said:

When using bandwidth reserve and adding ports. You're adding ports that are used by the game or app to have the bandwidth you have set in bandwidth reserve. You're not portforwarding in the bandwidth reserve settings. 
There's a portforwarding setting, in settings of the R3, dedicated to portforwarding.

As far as full downloads. Bandwidth Reserve is not limiting to what value you set. If anything, it will not go below THE MAX setting that you set Bandwidth Reserve to.

Downloads still get a fairly large amount.

SMARTQOS_BANDWIDTH_RESERVE.thumb.png.c47fb23a721628d8cdc4f7e0401c5b67.png

Thank you very much for making this clear. I have 1000/1000 Fibre too I will adjust my speeds accordingly and try it.

I suppose it makes sense to delete my port forwarding rule when using this method then yes? I am quite unclear if I should leave that enabled.

Thanks in advance!

Just now, satinghostrider said:

Thank you very much for making this clear. I have 1000/1000 Fibre too I will adjust my speeds accordingly and try it.

I suppose it makes sense to delete my port forwarding rule when using this method then yes?

Thanks in advance!

You can keep your portforwarding rules. You should be good.

18 hours ago, TrayDay said:

I just remembered. He's using the R2, but he said he's using a beta version that is similar to Netduma R3. Which means, he DID do something similar to the OP setup guide. Bandwidth Reservation.

Here's a setup image guide I put together on how to set this up on R3 and should be the same setup on that beta R2 firmware.

Step 1 of the guide. Just click on SmartQOS. But if you want to skip those step and jump right to step 6. Click the link below for R3
http://192.168.77.1/dumaweb/#smartqos/profiles/profile_Favourites/allocations
I believe the link is different for R2. Possibly have to start from step one.
But for R3, continue from step 6 onwards.

BANDWIDTH_RESERVE_COMPLETE_SETUP.thumb.png.4226ada616757d09961ae2277b929853.png

Wow. This settings are GOLD. I've actually noticed a big difference in hitreg playing all night today. I'm consistently on Australian servers at around 90ms ping and these settings totally changed the way my gunfights are handled. I can still easily kill the enemy even if they fire first more often than now right now. Previously it was much harder to win the gunfight this way.

I'm on 1000/1000 fibre and this is my settings if anyone wants to try. 

Global Internet Speed Set - 1000/1000

Congestion Control : 50/50

Bandwidth Reservation : 10U/10D (TCP/UDP 1-65535)

Tried 20U/20D initially but felt 10U/10D felt marginally better. Could be placebo I'll monitor and see over the next few days. Waveform results at 5ms ping with +0/+0 for both download and upload bufferbloat. 

Just some random gameplay after using the above settings with nice crispy hitreg :

Screenshot_20240402_202439.jpg

Screenshot_20240402_202154.jpg

1 hour ago, satinghostrider said:

Wow. This settings are GOLD. I've actually noticed a big difference in hitreg playing all night today. I'm consistently on Australian servers at around 90ms ping and these settings totally changed the way my gunfights are handled. I can still easily kill the enemy even if they fire first more often than now right now. Previously it was much harder to win the gunfight this way.

I'm on 1000/1000 fibre and this is my settings if anyone wants to try. 

Global Internet Speed Set - 1000/1000

Congestion Control : 50/50

Bandwidth Reservation : 10U/10D (TCP/UDP 1-65535)

Tried 20U/20D initially but felt 10U/10D felt marginally better. Could be placebo I'll monitor and see over the next few days. Waveform results at 5ms ping with +0/+0 for both download and upload bufferbloat. 

Just some random gameplay after using the above settings with nice crispy hitreg :

Screenshot_20240402_202439.jpg

Screenshot_20240402_202154.jpg

3:30 Just as the character said, close call. That was a good shootout.
5:30 was some crispy hits.
6:24 this guy I know was like, where did I get shot from. Lol.
Great game~

@TrayDay @satinghostrider Hello guys👋 how are you ? 
I have a question please 😬

( sorry in advance for my English I’m French ! ) 

My internet is : 350 for the download and 220 for the upload.

I don’t have 1000/1000 .

You think I can do the same setting ? 
50/50 for the Congestion control ? 
And same setting for the bandwidth reservation ( 10D/ 10U ; TCP/UDP : 1-65535) ?

Also in my game (MW3 on Xbox series X ) , my ping is 30ms not 90ms like you @satinghostrider, you think is better to have more ping ?

Maybe these settings are good because you have a lot of ping ? 

Because of the lag compensation.

Thank you so much for your help 🙏 and I hope to be cleared 😅😅😅

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

I don’t have 1000/1000 .

And same setting for the bandwidth reservation ( 10D/ 10U ; TCP/UDP : 1-65535) ?

Also in my game (MW3 on Xbox series X ) , my ping is 30ms not 90ms like you @satinghostrider, you think is better to have more ping ?

The settings should also work for you too. If you can get 0ms+ on waveform test. That's a good start.
10MB for you is good. You should be good with 50/50. No problem.
Maybe his ping did help too. But, he for sure got his settings right.

@TrayDay thanks a lot 🙏

One more question please 😅

I keep my console in the DMZ on the Netduma ? 
And also I keep enable the UPNP ? 

thanks 🙏

14 minutes ago, Tony said:

@TrayDay thanks a lot 🙏

One more question please 😅

I keep my console in the DMZ on the Netduma ? 
And also I keep enable the UPNP ? 

thanks 🙏

Yes, you can keep console in DMZ. You should be good. You can keep it on but you want to disable. Disable. But, keep console in DMZ.

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

@TrayDay my settings is good ? 
thank you so much for your time 🙏

IMG_8909.jpeg

Yes this is good. Yes, you can keep UPnP Enabled.

@Tony It's a visual bug. It only shows the (1) on the Bandwidth Reservation list.

If your list look like what you screenshotted in this post. You're fine. You can click and drag to top and the Yellow Message will change. As long as you have your settings in the Bandwidth Reservation. You are good.

26 minutes ago, Tony said:

@TrayDay my settings is good ? 
thank you so much for your time 🙏

IMG_8909.jpeg

8 hours ago, TrayDay said:

3:30 Just as the character said, close call. That was a good shootout.
5:30 was some crispy hits.
6:24 this guy I know was like, where did I get shot from. Lol.
Great game~

Thanks for the settings Bro. I actually find a difference in the way the hit registers.

Same MTZ-556 weapon on 90+ms ping. I have an idea of how much effort was needed to kill someone now it is much more effortless. It is not consistent but that does not bother me because of SBMM and EOMM. More than 80% of my gunfights now are much better and that is all that matters.

I am keen though to know what is actually the best UP/DOWN required for COD MW3 which people have used. I started with 20/20 and now am on 10/10 for Bandwidth Reservation settings. Both settings I have 4ms ping, +0ms download and +0ms upload which puts me at A+ for bufferbloat score.

7 hours ago, Tony said:

I don’t have 1000/1000 .

My ping is high cause I play on Australian servers from Singapore. If I play Singapore server, my ping is 2ms-4ms only. But I do not like playing on too low ping on my server as I can feel lag compensation on almost all my shots. 30ms-40ms from my experience will give you the best experience and an even better one with this new setup by @TrayDay

I switch off my Steady Ping as I have insane bandwidth and at night, there is hardly anyone that uses the internet heavily. My ping fluctuates very mildly in game and I did not want the added buffer Steady Ping inputs. I hope they can give us an option to start from 5ms or something. 10ms is kinda high.

Hope your settings work out for you bro.

Merci.

8 minutes ago, satinghostrider said:

My ping is high cause I play on Australian servers from Singapore. If I play Singapore server, my ping is 2ms-4ms only. But I do not like playing on too low ping on my server as I can feel lag compensation on almost all my shots. 30ms-40ms from my experience will give you the best experience and an even better one with this new setup by @TrayDay

I switch off my Steady Ping as I have insane bandwidth and at night, there is hardly anyone that uses the internet heavily. My ping fluctuates very mildly in game and I did not want the added buffer Steady Ping inputs. I hope they can give us an option to start from 5ms or something. 10ms is kinda high.

Hope your settings work out for you bro.

Merci.

Once you find the sweet spot for your ping. You are Golden!
As, I do agree, it would be nice to have expert ping have a range starting from 1ms-5ms, instead of 10ms by default. I think some Netduma users have mentioned the same thing about starting at 5ms for expert ping as well.

But, once you find YOUR sweet spot. You are going to have some amazing games. That's why steady ping is good for some players and not so good for other players using it. But, I personally love it and find it hard now to play games without it now. Lol.

Great to hear you guys are having great games!

Just now, TrayDay said:

Once you find the sweet spot for your ping. You are Golden!
As, I do agree, it would be nice to have expert ping have a range starting from 1ms-5ms, instead of 10ms by default. I think some Netduma users have mentioned the same thing about starting at 5ms for expert ping as well.

But, once you find YOUR sweet spot. You are going to have some amazing games. That's why steady ping is good for some players and not so good for other players using it. But, I personally love it and find it hard now to play games without it now. Lol.

Great to hear you guys are having great games!

Absolutely!

A great setup so far for my internet and R3. Thank you! Games yesterday were so much less stressful since it was having good hitreg. I will carry over these settings to the new firmware as well. UPNP is kinda poopy I hope it fixes the way it toggles. Sometimes it goes on sometimes it does not that I just decided to put TCP/UDP : 3074 in my Port Forwarding List. Are you using UPNP on or off and manually forwarding your ports?

Btw are you using 10/10 or 20/20? Just curious. 

35 minutes ago, satinghostrider said:

Absolutely!

A great setup so far for my internet and R3. Thank you! Games yesterday were so much less stressful since it was having good hitreg. I will carry over these settings to the new firmware as well. UPNP is kinda poopy I hope it fixes the way it toggles. Sometimes it goes on sometimes it does not that I just decided to put TCP/UDP : 3074 in my Port Forwarding List. Are you using UPNP on or off and manually forwarding your ports?

Btw are you using 10/10 or 20/20? Just curious. 

I manually portforward for COD with 3074 and for other games I use DMZ, since it's only for my console.

I use 20/20 Bandwidth. But, that's for other purposes. I believe sticking to either 10/10 or 20/20, will be best. Depending on how High of bandwidth speeds your ISP gives you.

2 minutes ago, TrayDay said:

I manually portforward for COD with 3074 and for other games I use DMZ, since it's only for my console.

I use 20/20 Bandwidth. But, that's for other purposes. I believe sticking to either 10/10 or 20/20, will be best. Depending on how High of bandwidth speeds your ISP gives you.

Ok looks like it is the same for me too I port forward only 3074 and running 10/10 now since I have 1000/1000. Both 10/10 and 20/20 gets me A+ on bufferbloat so I think it is pretty much there. I will move back to 20/20 if I have issues with 10/10 over the next few days in my games but so far looking great! Thank you.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:23 PM, Aspect of Wrath said:

Do i still need to have gaming as priority or is it not needed if i change my settings to this?

Yes, as that would prioritise your packets properly. The above settings simply reduce bandwidth when gaming for games like call of duty where it improves hitreg. I personally found it makes a big difference for me.