Vanguard Thread

East

Ok everyone here is some important news about Vanguard that ties into your ability to get good hit rego.

This game uses something called ADS Bloom.  Or ADS deviation or ADS Cone Deviation (many terms used for this effect).  In prior COD games where ever your crosshair was point at would accurately depict were the bullet will land.  It was the last thing you worried about.  If you were having problems hitting your target.

However, in Vanguard they added variation of randomness to each fired shot that will drift from the center of your crosshair.  It can be anywhere.  Up, down, left, right, upper left, upper right, lower left, lower right ,etc.  It''s a controversial, hidden stat in nearly all weapon in Vanguard.  With people like XclusiveAce asking that it be removed/reduced. Because it makes it very frustrating to upgrade the weapons you unlock.

Now how does this tie into this forum?  It can mask itself to look like hit rego issues.  It will look like your bullets are not registering at certain distances. Or, your bullets are pea shooters. The only way to get decent accuracy is to be within 10-15 feet of your target.  The real issue is that your shots are missing the target.  It's also said, although not technically proven yet, that this deviation increases when firing on the moving.

Players who were made aware of ADS Bloom have been having a field day taking advantage of this (although Vitol proficiency would also add to that but that's another story).  Therefore, when you play against such players you will get beamed. The only way to compensate for this is to have a certain number of positive accuracy points to your weapon through attachments.  But that requires you to have already unlock those. Or, buy those weapons with those attachments out right. 

The best attachments for positive accuracy are the reticle/scopes.  They can increase accuracy by  +2 or +3 alone with no negative downsides.  But that will depend on what your preference is. The worst is any attachment that has -1, -2 and -3 accuracy as a downside. Regardless of what that attachment offers otherwise.

According to TrueGameData (on youtube) you want have as many positive accuracy points to your weapon as possible.  With attachments offering 9 accuracy points, for example, it has what I consider normal COD weapon accuracy.  You must hand count each positive accuracy point per attachment.  As there is no stats for this.  Remember. you are sacrificing certain attachment benefits: aim down sight, recoil control, fire rate, bullet velocity, etc.  It depends on what the attachment offers.  

If you don't take accuracy into consideration those traditional attachment benefits is automatically countered by the negative effects of ADS Accuracy by the weapon's default.  So, you won't notice the full benefit of those attachments anyway.  You start off with weapons having a negative ADS accuracy. You want to add attachments to counter balance that until that weapon reaches 0. However, positive accuracy is far better.   Each gun offers +1 accuracy attachments with no downsides.  Those that offer +2 accuracy offers some downsides. Why they would put this in COD and hide it is anyone guess. As it's not clear how negative the ADS Bloom is per weapon.

Below are some examples of ADS bloom.  This is not weapon recoil patterns. They haven't even gone into recoil patterns per gun yet. That is a separate accuracy issue.  There is no way to compensate for it when firing.  Therefore, the pattern below will be different if it's tested again.

IEFJYAV.png

9HRrZ8C.png

nPbJus5.png

gxl9Wmg.png

The spread with +5 accuracy doesn't show the recoil of the gun. The bullet spread when ADS'ing should be tighter then this.

Looking at the Bren ADS Bloom I would guess that to be at -2 accuracy.  It's a guess on my part so keep that in mind.  However, if true you can guessimate the negative ADS Bloom on the other weapons and use that as a gauge to determine how to reach ADS Bloom 0 on the other weapons.

On 11/5/2021 at 5:31 AM, East said:

Well, Vanguard is released and I am sure people will have some sort of issues with the game. So have at it. 

I do like the ability to import your configs from either MW2019 or CW though.

Right now, it seems that the servers are being overloaded which seem to be causing most of the issues so far. 

The visuals, artwork and maps look great to me. On a par with WWII. Considering Sledgehammer developed WWII, that's no surprise!

AFAIK, Treyarch only developed the zombies aspect of this game (I never play that) but as far as the multiplayer side is concerned, I'm very disappointed. Terrible lag compensation - game deliberately sending your aim off all over the place.

I know lag compensation needs to be written into games to try and balance things out otherwise the players closest to the servers would always have quicker data transmission times to the server making the K/D decision. But if the netcode isn't written or tweaked well, it can disproportionately give an unfair advantage to the player with a high ping over the one with a better connection (what I've experienced).

Using the magic of DumaOS, I can fence off a location outside my own country so I can deliberately invoke a higher ping, a counter-intuitive DumaOS philosophy, but it can sometimes work.

So far, my multiplayer gameplay experience has been very poor in this game. I'll complete the game's story mode on Veteran difficulty like I normally do and come back to it in a week or two. Hopefully many of the issues will be ironed out by then.

On PS5, ethernet cable to router, just to be clear 😀

P.S.
In my experience over this weekend, I have seen more peer servers than dedicated servers. Maybe 75%-%25'ish. The reason for this could be anything, but could be down to the sheer amount of game mode variables which we now have at our fingertips.

My 2 cents on day 2 of this game:

-Certainly there is something weird about the hit detection. My first games, when playing without the attachments, I could not register a single bullet. Later it got better.

However,  one bed attachment can screw up the whole weapon. If it's the ADS Bloom? - Probably.

-The game on the start was released with heavy lag compensation. Playing below 30ms is almost impossible. Again, thanks to Duma, I was able to test it on variety of servers.

Best experience is on 60-70ms connection.

-Activision again did nothing or not enough about cheaters. Because the hacks are fresh, the wallhacks are even visible on the kill cams.

All together, same old, same old.....

PS5, XR1000, wired, 120Hz Tv, East coast N. America.

On 11/5/2021 at 8:39 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're using UPnP or port forwarding with everything covered then it's all good on your side and will just be a misreading. It won't negatively affect your gameplay in any way

If your ISP modem/media converter is also doing routing for you, you want to make sure to enable bridge mode for at least the port connecting to the Netduma, if not the entire thing. Having a router behind another router can definitely cause NAT issues in game.

EveryMatch i go into says the Host is peer no matter where i point and Geo-filter the server. I'm in Texas and there's a server in Dallas and somehow it never connects to it. Can someone shed somelight on this. Running the latest Firmware on XR-500 .130

Also Ping heatmap never shows the servers for Vanguard.

16 hours ago, Sgt-Greco said:

Need a net guru advise on this Packet Bursts thing.

And no, On-Demand Texture Streaming turned off, won't solve it. 

I'd suggest opening a new topic so we can focus on your issue.

7 hours ago, powermix24 said:

EveryMatch i go into says the Host is peer no matter where i point and Geo-filter the server. I'm in Texas and there's a server in Dallas and somehow it never connects to it. Can someone shed somelight on this. Running the latest Firmware on XR-500 .130

Yeah we've been noticing this with some games, I've raised it with the team and we're looking into it. It seems like servers aren't always being classified correctly, thanks for raising this too!

16 hours ago, Bert said:

I haven't seen that yet.

2AM and I can't get into a game in either Das Haus or the Big Map Blitz playlist, within a week after launch. Doesn't look very promising.

Is this with or without Geo-filter enabled? Perhaps open a new topic so we can focus on your issue.

31 minutes ago, Bert said:

It with the geofilter on (area and ping assist at 63) and crossplay off.

I know why it is, there is just a general lack of players in this area it seems.

OK fair enough, I feel like there wasn't a great deal of hype for Vanguard but people slowly seem to be coming round to it. I'd think the player base will increase, but it'd hard to say.

Vanguard has hit #1 in the UK charts for sales for both old and new gen consoles...

Lets see how long it stays there.

CW was in and out of the top 10 thru out the year, losing to FIFA and the 8 yr old game GTAV.

Usually, the latest CoD game takes up the #1 spot all year or at the very least drops to #2.

Its clear that CW did not sell well.

It doesn't take long to find a match on Vanguard, CW was another story on launch.

Despite no hype for Vanguard, I feel like there's more people playing than CW or they've just tweaked the matchmaking a little to be faster. There's still SBMM, for me it feels sweatier than CW ever was and it reminds me of how bad CW was at the start with superbullet deaths

15 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

Vanguard has hit #1 in the UK charts for sales for both old and new gen consoles...

Lets see how long it stays there.

CW was in and out of the top 10 thru out the year, losing to FIFA and the 8 yr old game GTAV.

Usually, the latest CoD game takes up the #1 spot all year or at the very least drops to #2.

A lot of people like Vanguard.  I don't know the longevity of it will be though.  But I do notice one pattern that I haven't seen before that is consistent.  Revenge kills.  The kill cam show them navigating the map like a corn field maze just to aim down sight and shot you within milliseconds of an opening.  Kinda funny to watch it do to how fast they can move around the map.  As you can tell they spawned not long ago.  Those kill cams are only a handful of seconds. 

On 11/9/2021 at 12:15 AM, powermix24 said:

99.9 that's a dedi and not a peer host... Netduma does this a lot for some reason and classifies dedis as peer hosts. There are also a number of servers that show up in incorrect places on the map. You can often tell what/where they are by looking at the host name and/or ping time and/or sometimes a traceroute if possible. Realistically in NA you will never get a peer host in Call of Duty anymore. If you're in Texas you should be mostly connecting to Dallas server but there are others you might connect to as well depending on many factors. There are definitely a lot of players in the Texas area, big names and orgs too. Out of curiosity what is your average ping? I'm guessing it's probably quite good.

One question about Ping headmap of vanguard, from the youtube video: 

We could find ping headmap could find servers like HK server, however in my ping heatmap, I just could not get this server:

Please check my attached picture, how to fix this?
Sometimes I could find it when I tried to start match making, so I set it to be allowed, and get this information:
ID:    fe238752c09dd7dc
Domain Name:    82.157.220.35.bc.googleusercontent.com
FYI.

hk server.png

no hk server.png

On 11/9/2021 at 2:32 PM, N3CR0 said:

Very generally speaking, I found CoD a great game in the early days - I'm talking 20-odd years ago. I considered it a 'respectable' war game. I played it on PC before transitioning to PS console...

My favourite was MWII (2009), but the series seemed to take a nosedive. Bright pink, diamond encrusted gun camo's spring to mind with ridiculous luminescent outfits... were the developers actively trying to appeal to kids? Sorry, that's the 'cynic' in me talking, there!

The clue is in the name i.e., camo'... camouflage, to disguise one's appearance!! If I want to run around looking like Mr Blobby, I'll play Fortnight, thank you very much, and I'll also play it for free!

Takes a deep breath...

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) was clearly an attempt to reignite the earlier MW series, but, for me, the whole feel of CoD felt different, almost as though a different engine was being used. CoD gameplay to me hasn't felt the same since.

Fast-forward to Vanguard and I was seriously thinking about not buying this incarnation because I again anticipate it descending into a pantomime. Time will tell.

If CW didn't sell that well, it could be for many reasons. I remember considering not buying it because of the reasons above.

I certainly do not have the love and passion I had for the game as I did 10 years ago.

NOTICE

Server snapshot error

At a best guess it is this error is related to how well you are doing.  Either you are kicked out of the game completely or back to the main menu.  This usually happens when you are doing extremely well that match.  It's not clear why if you are doing well you are kicked from the match with this error.  But essentially this is what happens. All that seems to happen so far is that you are kicked out of the match.  I recall something like this back in the day when punkbuster wasn't able to take screenshots thus ending your session.

So, if this is happening to you more then likely you had a burst of kills within 2-3 minutes without dying. 

I was able to confirm this why watching a live stream of Swagg finding a spawn bug in Dome.  The right side of the map with a small outdoor hallway were the enemy team spawns regardless of him being there.  He and his clan kept killing the spawning team until he got a nuke.  They were kicked from the match with "Server snapshot error" while still spawn killing the other team.

19 hours ago, Bat 'n' Ball said:

I remember considering not buying it because of the reasons above.

I certainly do not have the love and passion I had for the game as I did 10 years ago.

CW ended up being the very first CoD game I didn't buy and have since lost interest in CoD altogether.

4 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

CW ended up being the very first CoD game I didn't buy and have since lost interest in CoD altogether.

I wasn't keen on CW - I've never been a big fan of any of the Treyarch-developed games. I lean more towards the Infinity Ward / Sledgehammer CoD's.

I'm a bit jaded with the whole series as you obviously are but Vanguard (Sledgehammer Games), in all fairness, seems decent so far.

Follow up:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1204869036
Around 5:32 you will see the spawn killing
At 5:42:11, as he was spawn killing he and his party is kicked from the game with:
 NOTICE
Server snapshot error

It's not limited to just spawn trapping players.  It seems to happen most when you are getting a burst of kills within a certain time frame. Furthermore, it doesn't happen right away either. 

Server snapshot sounds more like data corruption / server side error than a kick though.

When you gat a packet send with server data, ie every 16ms for a 60Hz server, that is referred to as a server snapshot in devs lingo.

Happend to me a couple games yesterday and just now it happend literally 3 games in a row where i was popping off. It had me rage quitting of the game , I'm fuming 😭

Bro I am so sick of this!!! This happens every single time I’m destroying everyone on massive kill streaks, then right before the match even ends, it freezes with this damn error. They need to work on this ASAP. It’s taking a lot of fun time out of the game. Many times I’ve had to cut it off out of anger and do something else 😂

everytime I'm on a hot streak I get this error and really burns me up

this happens to me everytime im going off massive killstreak and shit

Everytime im streaking this happens. they better fix this with the next patch otherwise its battlefield until its fixed

On Series X as well 59 k 10d then snapshot error after trying to throw my mortar barrage

At a guess he had a very high kill score.  But this is another example of how kills are related to this nebulous dev code.  I lol'd though. Because it's the fastest kick I've seen so far. "Triple....kicked..." And I am pretty sure he had more then a triple kill as the announcer can be inaccurate on those multi kills.

And, I am not the only one that notices this when you are doing really well.

Stupid error, of course when I finally start to do well in a match I get the error. Been playing for two days only experienced the glitch just now. This is why I won’t be buying anymore Cod games until a month or so after release, so they can sort out dumb obnoxious bugs like this. Shouldn’t have happened in the first place. I need something for the inconvenience.

Same here, it only happens to me when I am doing well

I just used 3 kill streaks in a row as soon as my glide bomb killed 3 guys at same time I got booted from server

Same exact thing for me. Seems to be a bug with killstreaks tbh

It lierally just had this happen to me a few minutes after spamming to get my bombing run launched. I’ve also noticed it happens when I’m on a rip with lots of kills, too, not correlated with kill streak spam.

Yes, anecdotally that is close to what im seeing. It happens to me on the big map blitz modes and I remember because each time I had killstreaks that I was desperately trying to get into position to use. Then the game crashes with that error and Im disappointed that I didnt get to use my kill streaks I sweat for.

I am not the only one who's experienced this.  Although some seem to relate it to kill streaks the core trigger appears to be a certain number of kills within a certain time frame.  Sometimes it happens right away other times it happens with a slight delay. 

I am very familiar with what that dev code is suppose to mean.  I recall back in the day Punkbuster.  Whenever it stopped communicating with the server would kick you out the game. Which is just one example. 

However, this dev code should not be triggered based on the number of kills within certain time frame unless the term Snapshot was being used as just a place holder term.  In which whatever gatekeeping they have coded is actually kicking players doing well that match.  No, it's not designed to hamper "good players" but "any player" who is actually having a good round.  Which is bogus IMO. 

At a cursory guess had the error code term said instead "Breaking EOM" or "Your killing Opponents Too Often" after being kicked was used instead would create a cluster of a controversy.  But this is my anecdotal speculation based on the evidence provided and my experience.  But from my point of view this is the smoking gun.