Vanguard Thread

East

19 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

Thats their dodgy patents coming in to play ;)

After playing Vanguard for 2 hours tonight... heres my opinion.

Its WW2 with prettier graphics.

Its pathetic they don't show you the amount of deaths you have in a match... CW did only at the end of the match iirc.

SBMM seems WAY weaker than CW's was... or at least for me it seems. I'm doing ALOT better in this than I ever did at CW and I don't even know the maps on Vanguard.

I couldn't do shit in CW. First match would be fine, after that I'm going negative every single match til I stop playing. In Vanguard, I've gone on decent streaks, getting around 30 kills a match, getting MVP sometimes even. K/D is 1.4 on Vanguard after a few matches... on CW after my first few matches, mainly being played on a map from the beta so I knew it well... 0.6.

Also, keep in mind that I'm playing on a wireless connection and ISP router so no QoS, port fowarding etc. so shoot first die first is happening alot.

This one to me actually feels like a CoD game, unlike MW19 and CW.

EDIT : I forgot to mention the poor visibility. Just like CW, players blending into the surroundings... the amount of times I died to someone in my sights that I couldn't actually see until they started shooting and all I could see were their tracers...

Just my two cents :)

They definitely reneged on fixing the visibility problem this game has.  And they are picking and choosing who has better matches because that has not been my experience.  I still back out of cheater lobbies.  You can clearly see players on the kill cam tracking your through walls waiting for you to come out in the open.  And, that's just one example.  The other is revenge kills.  Where they navigate the map like a rat in a maze looking for cheese.  Forward, left, right, left, back, forward, right, forward, left then 2 shot you as you pass through a window. Obvious cheating. It's amazing how fast they are in doing this too because they find you within the allotted time of the kill cam. 🤔 

2 hours ago, East said:

They definitely reneged on fixing the visibility problem this game has.  And they are picking and choosing who has better matches because that has not been my experience.  I still back out of cheater lobbies.  You can clearly see players on the kill cam tracking your through walls waiting for you to come out in the open.  And, that's just one example.  The other is revenge kills.  Where they navigate the map like a rat in a maze looking for cheese.  Forward, left, right, left, back, forward, right, forward, left then 2 shot you as you pass through a window. Obvious cheating. It's amazing how fast they are in doing this too because they find you within the allotted time of the kill cam. 🤔 

The revenge spawn game in real, thats for sure. Happened SOOO many times.

There was one match I had where I'm pretty sure dude was using wall hacks as he tracked me but couldn't actually see me. Only happened the once as far as I'm aware.

As for SBMM, I'm getting 30+ kills a match... I really struggled to do that in CW. In CW I was usually bottom of the team with 12-15 kills and I almost never got streaks.

In Vanguard, it just feels like BOps4 did. Some good matches, some bad matches but I'm getting regular UAV's and been on a 12 streak a few times.

Having said all that, this is only after 2 hours of play. In CW, I was doing crap from the very start... maybe in Vanguard it takes alot longer to decided where to put you. Maybe its not going by previous performance last match or last few matches. I duno. I'm just going by my own experience.

I'm not gonnabe buying it anyways. I just play it when its free.

On 11/18/2021 at 12:37 PM, East said:

I've noticed some oddities in patrol.  But you can be so engrossed in the game you don't pay much attention until you know you are curb stomping the other team by 100 point lead and they all of sudden catch up!!! And no, it not because they held the patrol more then we did. 

But now I know what's going on.  Sometimes, for whatever reason, whenever you are dominating patrol the other team is award an unfair amount more of points for their time holding the patrol through number skip.  It's the best way I can describe it. As points tally up for being in control of the patrol the losing team is awarded more points over time then the winning team.  Although it's negligible it adds up over time. 

What I know to be bias is that once the other team caps the patrol they are given an inordinate amount of more points for the capture.  Making the winning team have to work twice as hard to win.  This game is completely rigged.

I've only seen the patrol stay on the opposing teams spawn point only once so I can't comment on the direction of it as being bias. In other words it was already in the enemy teams spawn.  It was moving towards the middle of the map when it turned around back towards the enemy spawn in Oasis. Allowing them to win the game.  Everyone on my team was confused and surprised it did that. 

Someone finally recorded EOMM running a mock.  And the score was tilted in the lossing teams favor in an attempt to "even things out".

This person was on the winning side of eomm.  As I stated in my prior post we were winning but all of sudden the score flipped in favor of the losing team.

15 hours ago, Bat 'n' Ball said:

That *could* be if enough players on one side rage quit because they are losing. That leads to a shortage of players on the losing side and the servers will therefore try to re-populate the losing side.

It might also be something to do with Skill Based Match-Making but I would lean more towards the server attempting to balance the amount of players each side has.

That is what it always did, but it only happened on your first game by previous games, not multiple games in a row. 

On 11/19/2021 at 11:19 PM, Bert said:

I simply set geofilter in the ocean and use only ping assist. That seems to work most consistently for me for the last CoD games.

I'm in Australia, if I do that it'll still connect me to the only server location in this country, which is in the same state as me. 5-6ms ping but the matches feel like 200ms+ lol. I'm working on the Volk Assault rife atm, the other day I finally had a normal connection and the gun was dropping people so easily. Past 2 days all I hear is hitmarkers as the people I'm shooing at run away with their life or 180 1 shot me with an smg

My settings that used to give me a nice connection on MW don't work on this

43 minutes ago, johnnytran said:

My settings that used to give me a nice connection on MW don't work on this

After playing CoD for many years using a Netduma or similar router, what I've learnt is the settings that worked for the last game, don't work for the next.

The settings I had for MW19 were more or less perfect... but were absolute trash for Warzone... in fact I never found anything that worked for Warzone, its one of the reasons I stopped play it.

12 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

What is the point in Dead Silence and Ninja being in the game?

Footstep audio barely exists. I've tried 3 different headsets and a sound bar and I can barely even hear my own foosteps.

Pretty sure ghost is bugged as well, people always turning around and pre-aiming when I'm on the flank even though I have ghost on

Wow, they lied to us. We didn't get 2x weapon XP.  It was about 11% according to reports on reddit and yt sour and yt blame truth.

Unbelievable!!!! I knew something was off because it was taking me a long time to level up a weapon.  It seem to work back on friday but by yesterday the grind took a long time.

So just in case anyone thought it was something they setup in netduma it wasn't. 

2 hours ago, East said:

Wow, they lied to us. We didn't get 2x weapon XP.  It was about 11% according to reports on reddit and yt sour and yt blame truth.

Unbelievable!!!! I knew something was off because it was taking me a long time to level up a weapon.  It seem to work back on friday but by yesterday the grind took a long time.

So just in case anyone thought it was something they setup in netduma it wasn't. 

Saw alot of reports of the same happening during CW's double xp events too. Absolute joke.

Qk0ejjz.jpg

If there is anyone willing to put the dumaos to the test vanguard is already discounted at your local walmart. 

There is no real fix for the packet burst issue at this time though.  It's a problem on their end not our end.  And, to date has not been completed fixed yet.  It does appear to be dependent on what server you are matched to.  We will have to wait until their anticheat is fully turned on to see if the packet burst issue goes away.  As they are currently in the "gathering cheat data" phase. 

On 11/22/2021 at 9:30 AM, N3CR0 said:

What is the point in Dead Silence and Ninja being in the game?

Footstep audio barely exists. I've tried 3 different headsets and a sound bar and I can barely even hear my own foosteps.

believe it or not, they actually  raised the audio last week.  i can hear footsteps now. its just not Cold Wars level of  it. but its there, thus giving the  perks meaning again.  i sound whored the hell out of people on maps with audible surfaces 

10 minutes ago, ownal0t said:

believe it or not, they actually  raised the audio last week.  i can hear footsteps now. its just not Cold Wars level of  it. but its there, thus giving the  perks meaning again.  i sound whored the hell out of people on maps with audible surfaces 

I actually disagree with you.  Going from a volume of 0 to about 20 does not make footsteps audible. On most maps with explosions and other audio cues you cannot hear the footsteps from enemies approaching.  Let alone from teammates. And I do not believe you are not telling the truth when you claim you sound whoring. 

Sledgehammer does not like audio footsteps.  I know this because they did the same thing in World at War.  Back then you could hear footsteps through walls and they considered it "breaking the immersion" and turned the setting (back then it was called sound occlusion or something like that) OFF! So, turning off footsteps again is their trademark.  Except for the backlash so they actually turned it on this time.  But not by much.

7 minutes ago, East said:

I actually disagree with you.  Going from a volume of 0 to about 20 does not make footsteps audible. On most maps with explosions and other audio cues you cannot hear the footsteps from enemies approaching.  Let alone from teammates. And I do not believe you are not telling the truth when you claim you sound whoring. 

Sledgehammer does not like audio footsteps.  I know this because they did the same thing in World at War.  Back then you could hear footsteps through walls and they considered it "breaking the immersion" and turned the setting (back then it was called audio occlusion or something like that) OFF! So, turning off footsteps again is their trademark.  Except for the backlash so they actually turned it on this time.  But not by much.

look man. did i say it was perfect? no.  but the truth is  they did  raise the volume.  there are  sources on the reddit for this game  proving this as well.   can it be better ?  yes for miles.  im just pointing it that its  definitely been increased some. 

and i think you meant to say WW2. World at War was treyarch in 08

18 hours ago, ownal0t said:

When last week since it was last weekend that I was playing it... during the free weekend and I wasn't hearing squat thru my Gen 4 Astro A40 TR's w/MixAmp.

59 minutes ago, Sgt-Greco said:

If you are looking for answers to your inquiry, I'd suggest you to avoid this clown.

True. He thinks literally everyone is hacking/cheating. According to him there are no actual good players at all.

Stay away from Daus Has lobbies.  It only records your deaths and not your kills.  My overall k/d dropped after playing just one match. Even though I had nearly a 2.0 k/d. 

It's very hard to test your dumaos settings on that map when your k/d is going down even after having a stellar match!!!

9 hours ago, East said:

Stay away from Daus Has lobbies.  It only records your deaths and not your kills.  My overall k/d dropped after playing just one match. Even though I had nearly a 2.0 k/d. 

It's very hard to test your dumaos settings on that map when your k/d is going down even after having a stellar match!!!

Wait what?  are you sure you werent  just getting "assist" kills.

the EKD is the  baracks isnt like the  one from cold war. Cold war counted  eliminations with your KD.  the one in  VG is  strictly your KDR with out the eliminations.   they need to  change the  letters from EKDR to KDR.

you can track your stats on a  different site to see what i mean.

On 11/25/2021 at 7:14 AM, N3CR0 said:

When last week since it was last weekend that I was playing it... during the free weekend and I wasn't hearing squat thru my Gen 4 Astro A40 TR's w/MixAmp.

again its not  perfect, but you can hear things better than at launch.   perfect example is that snow map with the  chruch.  i was hearing people on the other side of the  rocks  on the side oposite chruch, at first i thought it was my teammates then i noticed i was the other one there....

we also had a  radar as well, and it  matched up with that i was hearing, so its deffinetly better than it was Day 1.  NOT PERFECT. but better. 

for hardware, im on PC with my PC sound settings  amped up and the THX  audio app for razer is also on.  i have the Kraken X and the Blackshark v2 X.  i never used the astros a40/mixamp but i have used my GF a10s on her  X1 and my PS5.  so idk how much better it is 

3 hours ago, ownal0t said:

again its not  perfect, but you can hear things better than at launch.   perfect example is that snow map with the  chruch.  i was hearing people on the other side of the  rocks  on the side oposite chruch, at first i thought it was my teammates then i noticed i was the other one there....

we also had a  radar as well, and it  matched up with that i was hearing, so its deffinetly better than it was Day 1.  NOT PERFECT. but better. 

for hardware, im on PC with my PC sound settings  amped up and the THX  audio app for razer is also on.  i have the Kraken X and the Blackshark v2 X.  i never used the astros a40/mixamp but i have used my GF a10s on her  X1 and my PS5.  so idk how much better it is 

A10's and A40's are like night and day. Not even comparable.