Vanguard Thread

East

Well, Vanguard is released and I am sure people will have some sort of issues with the game. So have at it. 

I do like the ability to import your configs from either MW2019 or CW though.

Right now, it seems that the servers are being overloaded which seem to be causing most of the issues so far. 

7 hours ago, East said:

Well, Vanguard is released and I am sure people will have some sort of issues with the game. So have at it. 

I do like the ability to import your configs from either MW2019 or CW though.

Right now, it seems that the servers are being overloaded which seem to be causing most of the issues so far. 

have not seen anything but i am curious on the status of ping heatmap for vanguard and warzone now that vanguard is live. 

I am getting pretty significant packet burst in this game (with on demand texture streaming turned off). Anyone else?

My ping to the servers is good and usually under 20 ms. However ping will randomly jump up rapidly and the game will stutter and rubber band.  It seems to be affecting my bullet reg pretty badly.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, stevewhitmore11 said:

I am getting pretty significant packet burst in this game (with on demand texture streaming turned off). Anyone else?

My ping to the servers is good and usually under 20 ms. However ping will randomly jump up rapidly and the game will stutter and rubber band.  It seems to be affecting my bullet reg pretty badly.

It's the first day so servers are probably getting slammed! If the in game ping is over 30ms higher than the Geo-Filter then it'll be server load and would be worth trying another.

47 minutes ago, stevewhitmore11 said:

Sto ottenendo un burst di pacchetti piuttosto significativo in questo gioco (con lo streaming di texture su richiesta disattivato). Chiunque altro?

Il mio ping ai server è buono e di solito inferiore a 20 ms. Tuttavia, il ping salterà rapidamente in modo casuale e il gioco balbetterà e sarà elastico. Sembra che stia influenzando abbastanza gravemente il mio registro dei proiettili.

31 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

È il primo giorno, quindi i server probabilmente verranno sbattuti! Se il ping di gioco è superiore di oltre 30 ms rispetto al Geo-Filter, allora sarà il carico del server e varrebbe la pena provarne un altro.

i have been playing for a couple of hours and i have no problems whatsoever, netduma r2 is doing its great job. Always start under 35..40 ms ping

Custom games this year seem to be on dedicated servers… can anyone extensively test the interaction between those with the geo filter? It doesn’t seem to be as simple as it cycles through all the servers until it’s able to connect to one allowed by the filter 

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Azzicon said:

Custom games this year seem to be on dedicated servers… can anyone extensively test the interaction between those with the geo filter? It doesn’t seem to be as simple as it cycles through all the servers until it’s able to connect to one allowed by the filter 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Yes it does seem to keep searching until it gets you a game inside your radius rather than kicking you to the lobby, searching further away will increase search times

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Bcobz said:

My nat type is moderate in Vanguard. Ive never had a moderate/strict NAT Type. Not sure why its changed. Any ideas?

The Geo-Filter could be causing a misreading so disable that and relaunch the game, I do seem to think that every time a new CoD game is available this happens to start with

Hi,

I never used the Geo-Filter but now as Vanguard came out, I'm trying to avoid playing vs. people from a specfic country. Is this possible with Geo-Filter? Let's say I'm putting my circle to only Mexico, do I play only versus mexican players? 

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, MuFF said:

Hi,

I never used the Geo-Filter but now as Vanguard came out, I'm trying to avoid playing vs. people from a specfic country. Is this possible with Geo-Filter? Let's say I'm putting my circle to only Mexico, do I play only versus mexican players? 

You can't influence where other players connect to, only the servers you're connecting to, so as long as you're close to the server you should have the advantage regardless.

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, Moray said:

Just like coldwar im stuck on moderate nat on pc, with everything open. hard to even find a match sometimes in NZ

Try this:

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The Geo-Filter could be causing a misreading so disable that and relaunch the game, I do seem to think that every time a new CoD game is available this happens to start with

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, Moray said:

i don't use the geo filter because if i do in NZ/Aus it will never put me in a game lol

Fair enough! You could test putting the device in the DMZ, if it doesn't appear open after that it is definitely a misreading - I would not suggest you leave the device in the DMZ though.

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Fair enough! You could test putting the device in the DMZ, if it doesn't appear open after that it is definitely a misreading - I would not suggest you leave the device in the DMZ though.

dmz doesn't change anything, same issue that i had on coldwar

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, Moray said:

dmz doesn't change anything, same issue that i had on coldwar

If you're using UPnP or port forwarding with everything covered then it's all good on your side and will just be a misreading. It won't negatively affect your gameplay in any way

• Administrators
5 hours ago, chunkylove said:

Every time I hit a ping heatmap for vanguard I get 29 failed servers, no pings. I’ve synced cloud and restarted but no readings

Thank you for the report, I have let the team know, appears it may be doing the same as Warzone - we'll get it sorted.

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can't influence where other players connect to, only the servers you're connecting to, so as long as you're close to the server you should have the advantage regardless.

I don't care about a low ping, I just wanna avoid playing players from a specfic country. Will this work though with Geo-Filter? 

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, MuFF said:

I don't care about a low ping, I just wanna avoid playing players from a specfic country. Will this work though with Geo-Filter? 

You cannot influence where players connect to, a player from said country could in theory connect to any server in the world just like you, the game uses dedicated servers and so that is all you can control using the Geo-Filter.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You cannot influence where players connect to, a player from said country could in theory connect to any server in the world just like you, the game uses dedicated servers and so that is all you can control using the Geo-Filter.

But the chance is lower or not at all?

• Administrators

That looks to be the case, we'll be updating the cloud again on Monday so that should be resolved, if not let us know and we can manually update it. I mean yes if you block a country that does have a server in then you are likely to face less players from that country than if you were to play on that server.