Vanguard Thread

East

Something I have noticed as well is that the game keeps throwing you in losing games in progress. Not just once but it keeps doing after your initial search. Exclusive ace mentioned that as well in one of his video's but I had it happen 4 times in a row.

On 11/15/2021 at 5:04 AM, East said:

Follow up:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1204869036
Around 5:32 you will see the spawn killing
At 5:42:11, as he was spawn killing he and his party is kicked from the game with:
 NOTICE
Server snapshot error

It's not limited to just spawn trapping players.  It seems to happen most when you are getting a burst of kills within a certain time frame. Furthermore, it doesn't happen right away either. 

I've been put in a late match, probably going negative and still got this error in one of the big modes (blitz?)

On 11/5/2021 at 6:31 AM, East said:

Well, Vanguard is released and I am sure people will have some sort of issues with the game. So have at it. 

I do like the ability to import your configs from either MW2019 or CW though.

Right now, it seems that the servers are being overloaded which seem to be causing most of the issues so far. 

Hi how long, how are you? 
Unfortunately you are not wrong, it is frustrating to see how my friends kill with 3 shots while I need 7/8.
In short problems like at the launch of mw, any advice on some custom rule in traffic prioritization? 
I still use the "famous" one you recommended (3074/3075 - 30000/45000 UDP) is it still valid?

Has anyone managed to get a good connection yet? The STG is supposedly a 2-3 shot kill but I'm seeing 4-5 hitmarkers before I get dropped instantly. Even pre-aiming and shooting people first I'm losing 90% of my gunfights, even getting outgunned by SMG's from across the map lol.

I'm connecting to the nearest server - ping 6ms, ~20ms in-game. Next closest server would be in asia at 120ms ping so I have no choice but to connect here. Everyone that kills me seems to be lagging their ass off.

My connection has been working fine, 40ms ping to the server.

The STG requires specific attachments to kill in 2 shots, Vital and the last magazine, 8mm russian or something.

The only time when I get BS'ed is when you have very high latency players in your lobby (for me, chinese names means get out lol)

The engine and it's lag compensation are identical to MW2019 as far as I can tell. So if your settings work in MW2019 then they should also work on VG.

Problem for me is matchmaking, half the time I can't find a game on my local server.

I think there is nearly nobody playing it in my region.

Last night I could not find a game even with crossplay on.

I really don't like crossplay on console since you have some stupidly OP stuff, mouseplayers with auto shotguns etc.

I actually find I dislike the game as a whole. Mechanics and graphics etc is all ok. But on top of SBMM the game is doing everything in it's power to randomize the outcome of games, revenge spawning, these stupidly big maze like maps where you get shot from 9349489245 directions by campers, which by the way you can't spot since you have this haze in the distance and the characters blend in, and the other is destructible walls where you punch a small hole and can camp without being spotted.

Then you have these stupidly overpowered attachments like vital. Oh do we think it's coincidence that all people that preordered got that STG variant with Vital + Russian rounds? They make these attachments so OP so they can keep selling variants that have them, it's the new version of creating hyper OP DLC weapons. That's also why they have made weapon XP so slow. I have only played with STG, MP40 and Combat shotgun up to now and still don't have them max level.

I find the game as a whole is simply not fun to play. I play a few matches a day and then I have had enough. It's not something that I keep playing like previous CoD games. Also for a series that claims to be a competitive FPS this is an absolute joke.

The beta played far nicer since it didn't have that stupid stuff in it. 

Yep couldn't agree more. Each iteration seems to cater to noobs more and more with the map designs, ridiculous weapons etc. not to mention the messed up connections that makes every gunfight a guess to who will win, regardless of who shoots first.

On 11/16/2021 at 1:26 PM, Crazy Cat said:

Hi how long, how are you? 
Unfortunately you are not wrong, it is frustrating to see how my friends kill with 3 shots while I need 7/8.
In short problems like at the launch of mw, any advice on some custom rule in traffic prioritization? 
I still use the "famous" one you recommended (3074/3075 - 30000/45000 UDP) is it still valid?

As far as I know yes.

I have found that when it takes more then normal shots you have to back out of the match and start up a new one.  However, it takes 2-3 matches before you get normal hit rego. 

But it does work.  And no, it's not just you.  I've experienced that myself.  When in a prior match I had perfect hit rego.  But it is worth it to limit your Geo-Filter to just that server though.  Someone posted a video back a page if you want the closest to you. 

Wow, this game is the most rigged out of all the cods I've played in a while.

Map Das Haus does not recorded your k/d if you go positive.  Only when you go negative. 

Certain matches causes crappy hit rego even after the player drop (players who stopped playing the game)

It takes a lot longer to rank up weapons. Partly do to the lack of weapon xp weekends.

Vanguard hasn't been included in Double XP weekends like on MW2019 and CW

There is no transfer of your double XP from MW2019 and CW into Vanguard.  My XP from MW2019 instantly transferred to CW. 

If you choose only Blitz the game will put in you tactical matches????

You do have to buy the battle pass to get certain weapon unlocks.  Like the STG44 with Vitol.  That's a huge pay to win mechanic. 

This game is still in pre battle pass.  Most of the items in the current battle pass are for cw or warzone. Very little for Vanguard

Shipment in Vanguard is horrible comparied to MW2019. 

Right now SledgeHammer is offering a free trial offer of the game.  Apparently, it didn't do to well in sales.  13 or so days after release.

Out of all the COD games I've played this game has the strongest impression of a gambling mechanic with it's use of ADS Bloom.  As I mentioned in my prior post you have to back out a few games before you can get normal hit rego again.  It, IMO, has nothing to do with hit rego.

I am currently testing hallow point just to see if that compensates for ADS Bloom.  As most of those shots would hit the limbs anyway. Odd, that hallow point is one of the last weapon unlocks.  Perhaps for a good reason??

Yep.

If you use the MP40 with the last mag and with hollow point it can kill in 2 shots. They nerfed Vital but not that combination.

I tried playing shipment with the MG42 lol and that gun hits absolutely nothing past 5 meters with no attachments. The screen shake is horrible when firing as well.

I've noticed some oddities in patrol.  But you can be so engrossed in the game you don't pay much attention until you know you are curb stomping the other team by 100 point lead and they all of sudden catch up!!! And no, it not because they held the patrol more then we did. 

But now I know what's going on.  Sometimes, for whatever reason, whenever you are dominating patrol the other team is award an unfair amount more of points for their time holding the patrol through number skip.  It's the best way I can describe it. As points tally up for being in control of the patrol the losing team is awarded more points over time then the winning team.  Although it's negligible it adds up over time. 

What I know to be bias is that once the other team caps the patrol they are given an inordinate amount of more points for the capture.  Making the winning team have to work twice as hard to win.  This game is completely rigged.

I've only seen the patrol stay on the opposing teams spawn point only once so I can't comment on the direction of it as being bias. In other words it was already in the enemy teams spawn.  It was moving towards the middle of the map when it turned around back towards the enemy spawn in Oasis. Allowing them to win the game.  Everyone on my team was confused and surprised it did that. 

On 11/17/2021 at 1:43 AM, johnnytran said:

Has anyone managed to get a good connection yet? The STG is supposedly a 2-3 shot kill but I'm seeing 4-5 hitmarkers before I get dropped instantly. Even pre-aiming and shooting people first I'm losing 90% of my gunfights, even getting outgunned by SMG's from across the map lol.

I'm connecting to the nearest server - ping 6ms, ~20ms in-game. Next closest server would be in asia at 120ms ping so I have no choice but to connect here. Everyone that kills me seems to be lagging their ass off.

My geofiltering settings have successfully kept my ping below 20 ms on 95% of games. I have 3 available server clusters that it will let me connect to.  That said, it does take me a bit of time to get into a game (usually 30-45 seconds). Hit detection/connection has been good to the point where I got my first V2 rocket the last night I played and choked another on a 27 streak.

No surprise as word got out pretty fast about how bad this game is.  Unlike CW, Vanguard has a very strong gambling mechanic to it.  From reports those in the free weekend maybe on separate servers away from the general public.  Can't confirm that though.  Whats bad though is that you cannot party up with anyone with the free copy though.  It will tell you to buy the full version to do that, LOL. 

It still appears that ADS Bloom can get worst depending on the match you are in.   Unfortunate that some might think it's hit rego and try to fix it with netduma.  When it's a game mechanic.  I again encourage anyone who reads this to back out those games when you have higher then normal time to kill.  ADS Bloom only seems to improve it's base value.  Not what it can expand to.

Just had an experience on a server were the recoil on the assault rifle was much higher then it should be.  I can literately see that the shots weren't going where I was aiming in tuscan map. As the crosshair would jump to a different spot other then were I was aiming.  I had to back out and in and the gun fired normally. 

They have all kinds of control that can override the normal behavior of these weapons don't they.  😂

18 hours ago, East said:

Just had an experience on a server were the recoil on the assault rifle was much higher then it should be.  I can literately see that the shots weren't going where I was aiming in tuscan map. As the crosshair would jump to a different spot other then were I was aiming.  I had to back out and in and the gun fired normally. 

They have all kinds of control that can override the normal behavior of these weapons don't they.  😂

Thats their dodgy patents coming in to play ;)

After playing Vanguard for 2 hours tonight... heres my opinion.

Its WW2 with prettier graphics.

Its pathetic they don't show you the amount of deaths you have in a match... CW did only at the end of the match iirc.

SBMM seems WAY weaker than CW's was... or at least for me it seems. I'm doing ALOT better in this than I ever did at CW and I don't even know the maps on Vanguard.

I couldn't do shit in CW. First match would be fine, after that I'm going negative every single match til I stop playing. In Vanguard, I've gone on decent streaks, getting around 30 kills a match, getting MVP sometimes even. K/D is 1.4 on Vanguard after a few matches... on CW after my first few matches, mainly being played on a map from the beta so I knew it well... 0.6.

Also, keep in mind that I'm playing on a wireless connection and ISP router so no QoS, port fowarding etc. so shoot first die first is happening alot.

This one to me actually feels like a CoD game, unlike MW19 and CW.

EDIT : I forgot to mention the poor visibility. Just like CW, players blending into the surroundings... the amount of times I died to someone in my sights that I couldn't actually see until they started shooting and all I could see were their tracers...

Just my two cents :)

On 11/16/2021 at 9:14 AM, Bert said:

Something I have noticed as well is that the game keeps throwing you in losing games in progress. Not just once but it keeps doing after your initial search. Exclusive ace mentioned that as well in one of his video's but I had it happen 4 times in a row.

That *could* be if enough players on one side rage quit because they are losing. That leads to a shortage of players on the losing side and the servers will therefore try to re-populate the losing side.

It might also be something to do with Skill Based Match-Making but I would lean more towards the server attempting to balance the amount of players each side has.