Shoot first Die first in BOCW try this !!

Chaiyoabc

image.thumb.png.078dc6429830fc2ef42b7bb28244d768.png

Hello, 

Since I have been testing back and forth with QoS setting in various firmware and even change router since the game launched. I think it might be useful to share with you guys. I have been running this setting and my kd kept increasing day by day. 

on 23-24 Nov'20 I ran with experimental setting and went back to standard QoS on 25-26 Nov'20 and you can see that my KD performance dropped after that 

Intersting finding: QoS is not doing so well in BOCW. I have tried Netduma QOS, Fresh Tomato QOS, Asus Merlin QOS, Linksys WRT32x QOS. none of this worked for me!! it seemed like I was doing good for one game and I get instamelted after that. SBMM seemed to be the big impact for this as well. 

My Experimental Setting: I'm going to make this in bullet format so that it might be better to comprehend 

- Turn Off QoS !! Yes, you do that. Select 'Never' and disable QoS 

- Make sure Bandwidth to you console is low enough, but not too low. I optionally use Fresh Tomato on WRT54GL's Bandwith Limiter to limit internet speed to my ps5 at 21/0.5 mbps. I am not too sure if you can limit your bandwith on netduma while QoS is off. If not, you may wanna try having QoS on but choose 'never' on speed instead slider. and adjust flower graph with share excess off to have targeted limited bandwidth to your console 

- WiFi !!! YES Wifi, this game is weird when you have perfect internet setup. Nerf it a bit so you don't die too soon. Use wifi for this game 

- MTU 1472 on ps4/5. but you don't have to do anything on xbox since it is auto set at 1480(or less). This is for better hit detection under low bandwidth circumstance(in general, hit detection start to 'delay' when your upload bandwidth is too low. So to compensate this, lower MTU instead.)

My only concern is the fact that I only use netduma R2 for geofilter but I run gme with 10usd old grand pa router with wifi and bandwidth limiter feature. I am not sure if you will have good experience as mine but worth a try right? 

TLDR: QoS Off, Wifi, MTU

Here is a typical CODCW session.

A mere 380 bytes OUT and 760 bytes in, constantly. The port listening (in my case) is 3076 (I thouhgt it was 3074).

Let these packages have priority. 

This is QoS at its simplest. 

OI.png.6be591c970fb4e847531db50d70cf4d9.png

Just cause his console is using 3076 doesn't mean yours is. You would prioritise it as

source: console port which in this case is 3076-3076

destination: port it's communicating with the server, so it'll be one of those above 30000 that's why it's recommended to do 30000-65535 cause you never know what port it's going to be

Okay so this morning I had 4 hours of great game play in Cold War .  I sort of followed Chai’s solution but stayed wired as wireless is horrible for me already tried that ... I run with an R2 and did he following .

1. QOS completed my Auto setup  and made a note of the DL and UL suggestion after testing it in Connection Benchmark 

2. Checked Never in congestion control with DL and UL both at 100%

3. Added the DL and UL from my test to the Xbox in Bandwidth allocation and saved them both 

4.  Unchecked both DL and UL share excess ( even though the system does not recommend this ) 

5. Continue with my geo filter in polygon mode cover the south of England where my closest servers are 

I hope it was not a fluke as I really had 4 great hours , best since launch . I was also checking the other teams to make sure I was not  playing noobs or inferior players and yes it was the usual with a mixture of prestige 3 and 2 etc so the dreaded SBMM was working at its best ( or worse :) ) ..... try it guys I hope it works for you and continues for me 

9 hours ago, BL4CK OPS V3TRN said:

Okay so this morning I had 4 hours of great game play in Cold War .  I sort of followed Chai’s solution but stayed wired as wireless is horrible for me already tried that ... I run with an R2 and did he following .

1. QOS completed my Auto setup  and made a note of the DL and UL suggestion after testing it in Connection Benchmark 

2. Checked Never in congestion control with DL and UL both at 100%

3. Added the DL and UL from my test to the Xbox in Bandwidth allocation and saved them both 

4.  Unchecked both DL and UL share excess ( even though the system does not recommend this ) 

5. Continue with my geo filter in polygon mode cover the south of England where my closest servers are 

I hope it was not a fluke as I really had 4 great hours , best since launch . I was also checking the other teams to make sure I was not  playing noobs or inferior players and yes it was the usual with a mixture of prestige 3 and 2 etc so the dreaded SBMM was working at its best ( or worse :) ) ..... try it guys I hope it works for you and continues for me 

Will this help on Warzone? And if so, where can I change the MTU?

On 12/5/2020 at 3:41 AM, Sgt-Greco said:

Here is a typical CODCW session.

A mere 380 bytes OUT and 760 bytes in, constantly. The port listening (in my case) is 3076 (I thouhgt it was 3074).

Let these packages have priority. 

This is QoS at its simplest. 

OI.png.6be591c970fb4e847531db50d70cf4d9.png

If you use fresh tomato. I highly recommend you to:

- disable qos

- enable bandwidth limiter 

assign to your console ip 

maximum speed at 21 mbps and 500kbps upload. Put on highest priority 

- play on wifi 

- lower mtu on your console to 1472 

and have fun

14 minutes ago, Chaiyoabc said:

If you use fresh tomato. I highly recommend you to:

- disable qos

- enable bandwidth limiter 

assign to your console ip 

maximum speed at 21 mbps and 500kbps upload. Put on highest priority 

- play on wifi 

- lower mtu on your console to 1472 

and have fun

Gonna try this on my day off on MW19, see how it goes.

On 12/3/2020 at 7:59 PM, Chaiyoabc said:

- WiFi !!! YES Wifi, this game is weird when you have perfect internet setup. Nerf it a bit so you don't die too soon. Use wifi for this game 

this is due to the lag compression engine that they first started using for ghost. so many people complained that players that had faster internet connection for mw3 and all older call of duty's had a advantage and who ever had the fastest connection in the lobby got host.

no one really figured this out to advanced warfare. so people started forcing a moderate and strict nat type to dumb down there connection including switching from hardware to wifi.

i dont know about pc or ps but xbox live has a 25mb connection cap. any connection faster then that gets handicapped which makes the netduma superior. before the netduma i would always find my self in foreign lobbies and i always had what ever was the fastest internet at the time and i could never figure out why to i got the netduma r1 and saw where i was being placed

what makes the netduma superior is the QOS and the ability to dumb down the connection with out totally f'ing up your settings

depending on how many devices you have connect to your router is where the qos comes in play

2 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

this is due to the lag compression engine that they first started using for ghost. so many people complained that players that had faster internet connection for mw3 and all older call of duty's had a advantage and who ever had the fastest connection in the lobby got host.

no one really figured this out to advanced warfare. so people started forcing a moderate and strict nat type to dumb down there connection including switching from hardware to wifi.

i dont know about pc or ps but xbox live has a 25mb connection cap. any connection faster then that gets handicapped which makes the netduma superior. before the netduma i would always find my self in foreign lobbies and i always had what ever was the fastest internet at the time and i could never figure out why to i got the netduma r1 and saw where i was being placed

what makes the netduma superior is the QOS and the ability to dumb down the connection with out totally f'ing up your settings

depending on how many devices you have connect to your router is where the qos comes in play

What speeds do you recommend to try and beat Lag Compensation?

The game only uses 4mbs so I would set it to 20mb down 10 mb up but if you have other devices they going to take a huge hit

i have my geo filter set to 800 miles takes long to find a game but I don’t have to worry about lag compression and my congestion control auto setup says to set to 100% / 25% and I have a Gigabit from frontier fios

B51BA0E4-7298-4232-BCFF-02991A0EE7DD.jpeg

16 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

The game only uses 4mbs so I would set it to 20mb down 10 mb up but if you have other devices they going to take a huge hit

i have my geo filter set to 800 miles takes long to find a game but I don’t have to worry about lag compression and my congestion control auto setup says to set to 100% / 25% and I have a Gigabit from frontier fios

B51BA0E4-7298-4232-BCFF-02991A0EE7DD.jpeg

Jesus omg 9ms  ping ingame 

What platform are you playing on  and what fps are you using  

it has to be  120hz  at least   thanks

its nice but it still takes skill, (Some people are just bad at the game) i dropped a nuke opening weekend of cold war. 65 kills with a gun before dying, 100 kills plus over all. i have my complete setup on my twitch.tv/toddzillainla im currently running a  xbox series x - 1080p @120hz soon making a move to pc (Check out my IG @TODDzillaInLA and my teams IG @OWUH_Gaming)

to be honest the xbox series x and ps5 is a complete waist of money when it comes to cross play games. pc's are so OP console can not keep up, pc players at 240hz console players are basically standing still why warzone is so hard to play plus its also way easier to check on PC $5 dollar and your a cod god for a couple days

7 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

its nice but it still takes skill, (Some people are just bad at the game) i dropped a nuke opening weekend of cold war. 65 kills with a gun before dying, 100 kills plus over all. i have my complete setup on my twitch.tv/toddzillainla im currently running a  xbox series x - 1080p @120hz soon making a move to pc (Check out my IG @TODDzillaInLA and my teams IG @OWUH_Gaming)

to be honest the xbox series x and ps5 is a complete waist of money when it comes to cross play games. pc's are so OP console can not keep up, pc players at 240hz console players are basically standing still why warzone is so hard to play plus its also way easier to check on PC $5 dollar and your a cod god for a couple days

So the wifi option works on Modern Warfare too? Gonna have to try this out. 

Anyone know where to change the MTU?