Adblocker unwanted block reporting thread

Netduma Alex

8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

For the Display history, whatever you have set there were they blocking during that time? If you change the display to 5minutes for example do they disappear?

No they just stay up and I ended up running out of memory as well probably because I was overusing the adblocker

ghh.thumb.png.f78bff88754c4d8eb8dde5e0743c74b3.png

Hi

I am using R2 for last couple of weeks.  I enabled Ad blocker but sometimes Youtube and other streaming channels got interrupted in LG OLED c8.  In the middle of streaming screen goes black and causes network interruption or not able to access the netflix, disney or youtube servers.  When checking the network connection in settings says connected.  If I disable ad blocker all works fine.

I have connected my tv via wifi.  My R2 is connected to Modem.  From R2 TPLink Archer and UBNT switch connected.  My TV connected to TPLink Archer router via wifi.  Wifi in R2 is disabled.

In R2 under Ad-Blocker section I tried to disable the router but disable button does nothing.

Could you please check the issue?

Thanks

Badri M

• 3 weeks later...

Last night we had a Zoom meeting and could not open the meeting. Ad Blocker was blocking us from entering. I disabled Ad Blocker in order to enter our Zoom meeting, but is there a way around this or disabling it the only way around it for now?

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, Alex49H said:

Last night we had a Zoom meeting and could not open the meeting. Ad Blocker was blocking us from entering. I disabled Ad Blocker in order to enter our Zoom meeting, but is there a way around this or disabling it the only way around it for now?

Thanks Alex, I'll pass this on to Alex! You can try to add Zoom to your Adblocker whitelist and see if that works.

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks Alex, I'll pass this on to Alex! You can try to add Zoom to your Adblocker whitelist and see if that works.

Thanks Fraser! How do I add it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
20 hours ago, fakkel said:

Does it work with Youtube in the browser with devices connected through wifi? I still get advertisments no matter what I do?

Blocking ads that are directly in the video is much harder and we're working on being able to block this but it isn't possible at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
17 hours ago, iFredOS said:

Hi!

I have 2 questions:

1. What is the format of an online list I can use with Adblocker?

2. Actually I need to disable the Adblocker for 1 site so far, because it make crash my browser and apps that using this streaming website: https://ici.tou.tv

You can use a list like this for example, you would just input the URL for it https://easylist.to/easylist/easylist.txt

Thanks for letting us know about that site, if you add that site to your whitelist does it then work?

On 10/2/2020 at 11:30 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

You can use a list like this for example, you would just input the URL for it https://easylist.to/easylist/easylist.txt

Thanks for letting us know about that site, if you add that site to your whitelist does it then work?

I tried to use this "https://pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/serverlist.php?hostformat=adblockplus&showintro=0" but it doesn't work. Maybe you can help me to choose the right format.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, iFredOS said:

I tried to use this "https://pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/serverlist.php?hostformat=adblockplus&showintro=0" but it doesn't work. Maybe you can help me to choose the right format.

How did you add it? I added it with an online list - the first option when adding a list. I then checked the first one that is blocked 1-1ads.com and it blocked successfully.

PSN Store doesn't loaded with the ad blocker on. 

It seems the store is full of adverts at its core and just refuses to do any thing and locks up.

Disable the ad blocker and it works fine.

On 10/5/2020 at 12:30 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

How did you add it? I added it with an online list - the first option when adding a list. I then checked the first one that is blocked 1-1ads.com and it blocked successfully.

I did the Online List. Now that a new version of the firmware has been released. I will update and start fresh. I think the migration from DumaOS 1.x was messing up everything.

On 10/6/2020 at 9:02 PM, Ste G said:

PSN Store doesn't loaded with the ad blocker on. 

It seems the store is full of adverts at its core and just refuses to do any thing and locks up.

Disable the ad blocker and it works fine.

Is that PSN Store on PS4 or in a browser?

• 8 months later...

Hi there, when I turned on Adblocker it blocked me from accessing the Xbox Game Pass app on my Xbox Series X console. Also, internet browsing became really slow on an Android mobile phone (using WiFi). Everything went back to normal as soon as I turned it off again. I'm not really sure what it was blocking that slowed down the Android phone, but how would I use a white list to stop Adblocker from blocking the Game Pass app on my console? Or would it be you that adds it to the whitelist?

Thanks for your help.

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, alighbrun said:

Hi there, when I turned on Adblocker it blocked me from accessing the Xbox Game Pass app on my Xbox Series X console. Also, internet browsing became really slow on an Android mobile phone (using WiFi). Everything went back to normal as soon as I turned it off again. I'm not really sure what it was blocking that slowed down the Android phone, but how would I use a white list to stop Adblocker from blocking the Game Pass app on my console? Or would it be you that adds it to the whitelist?

Thanks for your help.

That's very odd, domain to add would be hard to guess so I think it's best we test that, for the moment just disable Adblocker for the console itself