Welcome R2 owners! We want your feedback!

Netduma Alex

On 9/17/2020 at 10:12 AM, Ash said:

The ping heat map shows 8-10 ping, I have used polygon mode to made the area around the UK as that is where I am based. also I have extended this to other parts of Europe and still the same issue.

In game once I load in on multiplayer is starts at 20 then shoots to 100 ping at times

When I am in warzone it starts 50 and shoots to 90 ping.

I have done this already by going to device manager and done Playstaion and on the geo-filter i have added this is manually with the filter option on.

Can you suggest something. Thanks

You have to ping warzone not mw there are 2 of them i may be ignorant but i made the same mistake good luck to ya

On 8/7/2020 at 11:24 PM, TrayDay said:

I believe you have the same connection as I do.

It's always hit or miss with the gateway from ATT.

As I'm using an alternative method BUT you can use this method to make it simple below.

Simply log into your ATT gateway router and go to the "firewall" settings and then click "IP Passthrough"

pretty much copy everything from the picture below and when you get to "Passthrough Fixed Mac Address" choose the mac address under the "Device List" of the R2 router that should be located at the bottom of the router. Once you've choosen the R2 router Mac Address. Click the save. Then restart the ATT gateway first then the R2 second.

ip_passthrough_settings-13714040-4139-4e83-b03a-b4e73e5c507c-2082587737.JPG.e562ce9c38c005f8b39c9acc1415682c.JPG

Thanks for that suggestion very good advice works great with fiber

On 8/7/2020 at 1:32 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Great to hear you're enjoying it and thank you very much for the feedback.

1. There isn't auto channel selection at the moment but I will suggest this to the team to implement.
  2. Haha good suggestion, will let the team know and see if we can implement something to help with this.
  3. I don't think this is necessary as unless you're transferring files/streaming to other devices on your LAN in won't restrict you in anyway there unless I've misunderstood?

i guess im new school who cares about 2.4 ghz wifi i thought everyone was on 5 ghz

On 8/8/2020 at 7:02 AM, AnnonymouS said:

Good morning, just wanted to see if anyone is having the same problem as I Im. 

QOS---- Went I try to do Auto-Setup to try to find the best ping or Bandwidth it always selects 0% an both upload and download. 

My internet is 1000 down and 40 up. Dsl report i get A+ . Need some feed back. thanks 

dsl reports is a little misleading at times you have to do at least 4 tries 1000 down and 40 up who is your provider

On 8/8/2020 at 7:36 AM, Doughboy said:

I got it connected to the internet, but certain aspects of the router don’t function like it don’t recognize it being on the internet or something. I tried flushing the cloud, I reset the router all together mainly because my password didn’t take I played cod on it and I get a nat 2 type on ps4 I don’t get a open nat in game. I’ll try the gateway option TrayDay suggested I really appreciate the feed back because this att stuff been giving me fits since I had it. 

Also the only other option that works is the auto set up for the bandwidth on the top of the qos screen. It changes based on priority of bandwidth or ping but it changed my upload and download to fit the ping setting I chose. That’s nice. 

Also TrayDay I’m gonna see but my att gateway screens look different from yours. Maybe because we have different gateways. But I’ll check to see what I can change. 

there is different type of nat types you may need to open some ports you can find them online 

On 8/7/2020 at 11:24 PM, TrayDay said:

I believe you have the same connection as I do.

It's always hit or miss with the gateway from ATT.

As I'm using an alternative method BUT you can use this method to make it simple below.

Simply log into your ATT gateway router and go to the "firewall" settings and then click "IP Passthrough"

pretty much copy everything from the picture below and when you get to "Passthrough Fixed Mac Address" choose the mac address under the "Device List" of the R2 router that should be located at the bottom of the router. Once you've choosen the R2 router Mac Address. Click the save. Then restart the ATT gateway first then the R2 second.

ip_passthrough_settings-13714040-4139-4e83-b03a-b4e73e5c507c-2082587737.JPG.e562ce9c38c005f8b39c9acc1415682c.JPG

thanks for that you made it even more awesome TrayDay!!!

On 8/7/2020 at 5:07 PM, Doughboy said:

None of my features work. No ping heat map no speed test nothing. My geo filter don’t work. It mentions something About the cloud data hasn’t been downloaded make sure u have a internet connection and click force update smh do I have to update this router or something? 

image.jpg

Hard reset it itll work

Also i wanted to ask.

what is the host tick rate and client tick rate.

As I am getting ping in game same as client tick rate. if you could help 

I am located where the blue circle is and not where the router thinks why is that also. 

ping 2.jpg

Edited by Ash

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Ash said:

Also i wanted to ask.

what is the host tick rate and client tick rate.

As I am getting ping in game same as client tick rate. if you could help 

I am located where the blue circle is and not where the router thinks why is that also. 

Your location won't be shown on the Geo-Filter, just where the server is. The tick rates is the amount of time you send/receive updates from the server, you can't change this, it is just down to the server. You have a very good ping!

As you can see my ping is very good but once i jump in game it jumps to 50-100.

I did what you suggested regarding the settings being changed etc but this hasn't helped.

what can you suggest?

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Ash said:

As you can see my ping is very good but once i jump in game it jumps to 50-100.

I did what you suggested regarding the settings being changed etc but this hasn't helped.

what can you suggest?

The in game ping jumps to that or the Geo-Filter ping does? Try forcing some other servers slightly further away as they may offer a more stable experience.

The game ping jumps. the geo filter I have set the location to is just the UK severs as that is always 7ms - 14ms max. If i increase the polygon filter then the severs will have higher ping so I do not understand how my in game ping will be lower if my sever ping is higher ?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Ash said:

The game ping jumps. the geo filter I have set the location to is just the UK severs as that is always 7ms - 14ms max. If i increase the polygon filter then the severs will have higher ping so I do not understand how my in game ping will be lower if my sever ping is higher ?

It won't be lower, you can get a very good ping to France for example but it doesn't matter if your ping is really low if it is spiking to 100. Far more important is a consistent ping so you may get a more stable experience on a server slightly further away.

But my question is why is my ping spiking in game ? If my connection ping is around 7-14 why would it then spike.

as I said initially before I got the r2 my ping was around 40-70. After I got the r2 it was 20-30 max but now it’s spiking up to 100 and I can’t even come close to get 20-30 ping. If I take the R2 off and use my main hun I go back to what connection I had before so it is something to do with the R2

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Ash said:

But my question is why is my ping spiking in game ? If my connection ping is around 7-14 why would it then spike.

as I said initially before I got the r2 my ping was around 40-70. After I got the r2 it was 20-30 max but now it’s spiking up to 100 and I can’t even come close to get 20-30 ping. If I take the R2 off and use my main hun I go back to what connection I had before so it is something to do with the R2

It could be the game itself because they may have high server load, you can have a low ping that is not stable. It might be that the hub is connecting you with a server further away but because the ping is more stable you have a better experience. By forcing different servers you can find the one that works best, try it out and see what it feels like in game. 

I don't think its the game as if I am not using the R2 i get a constant ping and no spikes. but with the R2 on I am getting spikes. I will increase the geo filter range.

I was thinking the geo filter ping assist shall I increase that number ?

Finally would my R2 router have a defect or something maybe hence why the inconsistency 

• Administrators

Don't just expand the filter as you could get the same one again, actually move the home location so the radius excludes the one you were playing on and you force a new number. You can try Ping Assist but again would likely get you the server you're already on. It's unlikely but its always a possibility.

so rather then map it on polygon mode i should ping the geo filter in between the UK and France.

also on the profiles shall i put call of duty then make the radius smaller or just do the radius by itself.

I have added a pic up of the radius.

Te second pic shows the server I am connecting to but there is one on the far right that always pops up why is that 

geo map.png

game filter.png

• Administrators

I'd exclude the UK and that server and make a polygon over France and Germany, just do it yourself, the profile just makes a set range basically. That server is required for authentication, it's required for online play and has no bearing on your game ping.

Even the fact I am based in the U.K. I should do Germany n France. I’ve checked the heat map and Germany has high ping 50+ where as the U.K. is 7-15 France is good like the U.K. 

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Ash said:

Even the fact I am based in the U.K. I should do Germany n France. I’ve checked the heat map and Germany has high ping 50+ where as the U.K. is 7-15 France is good like the U.K. 

Worth trying both but go for France first.