Defeat MW Lag Compensation!

Sable

4 hours ago, Squizz said:

never mind, tried it and had no improvement.

I also tried it. Played about as well as it does from my router wifi and that is not very well.

I didn't have any symbols come up but the lag was obvious.

I also have tried it. I think it might has something to do with how stable each mobile operator has. For me instance, it was a no go because service area is poor in where i live. Only 2 bars.

however, i have been using same setting that was working back before patch. Only difference was that I used wifi instead of lan. And it seemed like cod cater those ppl with lower quality internet. 

So I supposed wifi may be the key to give better experience. I have around 2.72 dl / ul bandwidth set from netduma with share excess off and no port prioritization enabled. 

my weekly kd has gone up from 3.1 to 3.6 today and i almost got nuke 2 times 

you guys might wanna nerf your connection a bit. I use netduma r1 though so wifi is not the best. For those who uses xr500, i think you should use 2.4ghz wifi instead of 5ghz because it is too good and you wont be able to have good experience there

1 hour ago, Chaiyoabc said:

I also have tried it. I think it might has something to do with how stable each mobile operator has. For me instance, it was a no go because service area is poor in where i live. Only 2 bars.

however, i have been using same setting that was working back before patch. Only difference was that I used wifi instead of lan. And it seemed like cod cater those ppl with lower quality internet. 

So I supposed wifi may be the key to give better experience. I have around 2.72 dl / ul bandwidth set from netduma with share excess off and no port prioritization enabled. 

my weekly kd has gone up from 3.1 to 3.6 today and i almost got nuke 2 times 

you guys might wanna nerf your connection a bit. I use netduma r1 though so wifi is not the best. For those who uses xr500, i think you should use 2.4ghz wifi instead of 5ghz because it is too good and you wont be able to have good experience there

Nah, wifi gives me symbols and rubberbanding. When I tried earlier with the hotspot, it was 2.4Ghz.

Nerfing my speeds into oblivion doesn't work for me neither.

I kinda gave up on MW, it kinda looks like they invested too much into the lag compensation and connections on how it works that either it’s completely missed up or too good that the chances of us encountering it is almost null.

with all those settings that have been just mentioned, I gave Black ops 4 Multiplayer a try with them. And the connection was so amazing that I have not experienced anything similar since black ops 1 and 2.

looks like I’m back to black ops 4, with occasionally trying different settings for MW whenever I feel like it.

On 5/25/2020 at 1:10 AM, N3CR0 said:

Nah, wifi gives me symbols and rubberbanding. When I tried earlier with the hotspot, it was 2.4Ghz.

Nerfing my speeds into oblivion doesn't work for me neither.

Yeah same here I just rubberband and generally have an even worse experience, no amount of connection nerfing or hotspot etc seems to ever fix the lag for me. I've tried many variables now and have no luck, even though my wired connection is A+ on all categorys on DSLreports and a reasonably stable 14ms base ping. Shit sucks. But thanks for your suggestions @Chaiyoabc, hopefully someone out there might benefit from it and I'm sure everyone here appreciates you taking the time to share it with us.

1 minute ago, Squizz said:

Yeah same here, no amount of connection nerfing or hotspot etc seems to fix the lag for me. I've tried many variables now and have no luck, even though my wired connection is A+ on all categorys on DSLreports and a stable 14ms base ping. Shit sucks. But thanks for your suggestions @Chaiyoabc, hopefully someone out there might benefit from it and I'm sure everyone here appreciates you taking the time to share it with us.

Its a mixture of the servers being awful and the lag comp algo me thinks.

Look how many servers outages there has been. Pretty much every weekend, even before the lockdown.

No other CoD game has had so many server problems as MW.

3 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Its a mixture of the servers being awful and the lag comp algo me thinks.

Look how many servers outages there has been. Pretty much every weekend, even before the lockdown.

No other CoD game has had so many server problems as MW.

Yep i agree, the servers are the worst I've ever experienced in COD, and there are constant server issues. It's a shame they dont take it seriously and sort them out but I suppose this suits them fine as it doesnt affect sales etc, plus it keeps the noobs engaged and buying COD points which is ultimately what they want. The worst part is that come November the next game will likely be the same with poor netcode/strong SBMM, in which case I'll more than likely throw in the towel.

4 minutes ago, Squizz said:

Yep i agree, the servers are the worst I've ever experienced in COD, and there are constant server issues. It's a shame they dont take it seriously and sort them out but I suppose this suits them fine as it doesnt affect sales etc, plus it keeps the noobs engaged and buying COD points which is ultimately what they want. The worst part is that come November the next game will likely be the same with poor netcode/strong SBMM, in which case I'll more than likely throw in the towel.

I love how Acti keep saying this is the most played CoD ever... how can it be when so many are locked outta the game coz of the server issues!? Nothing but lies!

41 minutes ago, Bert said:

LOL how can it be that I play the same people all the time with so many players :)

I think the multiplayer player base has dropped, everybody plays warzone.

For me the game got boring because of the lack of maps.

2 hours ago, Sable said:

I think the multiplayer player base has dropped, everybody plays warzone.

For me the game got boring because of the lack of good maps.

Edited for truth ;)

1 hour ago, Bert said:

I was saying the same to NCRO. But it's has been an issue from launch for me. But in Asia the playerbase is lower I think, altough the F2P games do much better.

Aren't most of the playerbase in Asia on PC? If you have crossplay turned off... which I wouldn't blame you for with the amount of hacking ton PC but that could be why.

Having said that... I too keep being matched up with the same players over and over... and I have three accounts all with different stats.

2 hours ago, Bert said:

I was saying the same to NCRO. But it's has been an issue from launch for me. But in Asia the playerbase is lower I think, altough the F2P games do much better.

Yea can’t believe they got away with only like 4 6v6 maps. I’m not a fan of warzone either.

Been getting into Apex Legends, pretty decent game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2020 at 10:21 AM, Sable said:

On QoS I leave sliders at 100% and then select Never. Then on the console you will be playing the game on (which is PS4 for me) Give it exactly 3mb Download and 0.5mb Upload (between 0.5 and 0.3mb) and untick share excess, make sure you untick both download and upload. You can check in PS4 Network settings: test connection to see if what you have set has been applied. I don’t bother with port prioritisation and I leave DumaOS games ticked.

Hi - just starting to use the router so getting my head round the settings, but I can't see Share Excess to be unticked?  It was on the original R1 OS but not on DumaOS, as I can see?

Thanks

Discovered the setting so all good :)

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, GT9484 said:

hi mate what settings are you using on openwrt?

i have autosqm to 25% of my speed up and down and port prioritisation for all the usual suspects...  

I don't use OpenWRT anymore. That router broke but I have a Netgear DM200 I'll be putting OpenWRT on real soon.

I'm currently using FreshTomato.

6 minutes ago, GT9484 said:

fresh tomato looks good. not tried that yet... what did you use on openwrt apart from 25% 

No idea tbh. Been a few weeks since I went back to using my ISP router.

On 4/28/2020 at 10:21 AM, Sable said:

After various testings over the last few weeks I’ve finally found a way to defeat lag compensation on my end, when I was playing on servers in my country (UK) I was always a second behind foreign players due to lag compensation, so I used to always connect to the Spanish server or the Italian server to get myself on the better end of lag compensation, that worked for a while but then when the updates rolled out it began not to work. 

For about a week now I have had no issues with being insta melted and Hit marker bullet sponging. 

My solution is simple but please note that just because this works for me that doesn’t necessarily mean it will work for others, but hopefully it will.

On QoS I leave sliders at 100% and then select Never. Then on the console you will be playing the game on (which is PS4 for me) Give it exactly 3mb Download and 0.5mb Upload (between 0.5 and 0.3mb) and untick share excess, make sure you untick both download and upload. You can check in PS4 Network settings: test connection to see if what you have set has been applied. I don’t bother with port prioritisation and I leave DumaOS games ticked.

I keep my geo filter on strict with no ping assist and set it to 500km radius around my home country.

I hope this can help others out because this game can be quite frustrating, MW is very generous with the amount of lag compensation that it gives to higher ping players but by manipulating your connection and making it seem like you have slower speeds it seems to do the trick of eliminating it.

Is this setting still working for you after the mid season update on mw?

1 hour ago, Seye said:

Is this setting still working for you after the mid season update on mw?

Have not been playing the game mate, have been playing destiny 2 on PC, I gave MW a go last night on PC and it just didn’t feel right, however I don’t have duma set up, waiting for 3.0. 

1 minute ago, Sable said:

Have not been playing the game mate, have been playing destiny 2 on PC, I gave MW a go last night on PC and it just didn’t feel right, however I don’t have duma set up, waiting for 3.0. 

I see, will give it a try again cheers