Defeat MW Lag Compensation!

Sable

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That has been fixed and will be in the next build.

Has disconnecting WiFi on R1 while using a video call in Whatsapp and Facetime on iPhone been fixed in Duma 3.0?

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, Sherman85 said:

Has disconnecting WiFi on R1 while using a video call in Whatsapp and Facetime on iPhone been fixed in Duma 3.0?

I've not seen that issue in the beta so far but if it was still an option there is a setting that may allow it to work properly. Once the beta expands to more users you can let us know!

Have anyone played with different MTU Sizes?

Today i learned that Windows Always do a MTU path discovery.. it trys to find the best MTU possible and Change it dynamical... If It fail to find the right MTU it will Starts a try and Error Algorithmen to find the right MTU. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Path_MTU_Discovery

If i enable mtu blackhole detection in registry the Game comes unplayable.. i lose Most gunfights.. it dosnt lag.. but iam Always Like a sec behind.  Even If i am in a Clean Advantage i get outgunned.. 

Extremly First Shot First die moments.. i Camp a door.. aimed.. waiting.. 

Death..

On killcam my enemy Just Walk true the doof.. See me.. Scratch His Balls.. AIM.. and get a Red hitmarker after 1-2 bullets from a weapon that should need atleast 4-5 bullets on full health

Black Hole detection is disabled by Default in Windows..

So I disabled this MTU path discovery and blackhole detection.. 

And set a fixed MTU of 1492 Bytes for my Ethernet Adapter in the registry

I have a DSL line so my Provider uses because of pppoe a MTU of 1492 Bytes 

After that i Set my Router to a MTU of 1492 Bytes too..

Restartet all devices

And the First Shot First die moments are gone and it seems to be consistent the Last few days. Even Ping is far more stable . 

For example

Normaly i start a round and have a Ping of 20ms.. after maybe 15-20 sec it rises to 29-35ms.. and fluctuate the whole Match.. even with Zero bufferbloat.

Now its stays 20-21ms on the Scoreboard

I dont know how consoles handle this.. but i would asume They will Use some sort of MTU path discovery too.. 

Try changing the MTU of your console and Router to Match the MTU of your provider.. 

Or try using the lowest MTU possible (576) 

On 4/28/2020 at 5:21 AM, Sable said:

After various testings over the last few weeks I’ve finally found a way to defeat lag compensation on my end, when I was playing on servers in my country (UK) I was always a second behind foreign players due to lag compensation, so I used to always connect to the Spanish server or the Italian server to get myself on the better end of lag compensation, that worked for a while but then when the updates rolled out it began not to work. 

For about a week now I have had no issues with being insta melted and Hit marker bullet sponging. 

My solution is simple but please note that just because this works for me that doesn’t necessarily mean it will work for others, but hopefully it will.

On QoS I leave sliders at 100% and then select Never. Then on the console you will be playing the game on (which is PS4 for me) Give it exactly 3mb Download and 0.5mb Upload (between 0.5 and 0.3mb) and untick share excess, make sure you untick both download and upload. You can check in PS4 Network settings: test connection to see if what you have set has been applied. I don’t bother with port prioritisation and I leave DumaOS games ticked.

I keep my geo filter on strict with no ping assist and set it to 500km radius around my home country.

I hope this can help others out because this game can be quite frustrating, MW is very generous with the amount of lag compensation that it gives to higher ping players but by manipulating your connection and making it seem like you have slower speeds it seems to do the trick of eliminating it.

Does these settings work in Warzone as well?

8 hours ago, blackfirehawk said:

Have anyone played with different MTU Sizes?

Today i learned that Windows Always do a MTU path discovery.. it trys to find the best MTU possible and Change it dynamical... If It fail to find the right MTU it will Starts a try and Error Algorithmen to find the right MTU. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Path_MTU_Discovery

If i enable mtu blackhole detection in registry the Game comes unplayable.. i lose Most gunfights.. it dosnt lag.. but iam Always Like a sec behind.  Even If i am in a Clean Advantage i get outgunned.. 

Extremly First Shot First die moments.. i Camp a door.. aimed.. waiting.. 

Death..

On killcam my enemy Just Walk true the doof.. See me.. Scratch His Balls.. AIM.. and get a Red hitmarker after 1-2 bullets from a weapon that should need atleast 4-5 bullets on full health

Black Hole detection is disabled by Default in Windows..

So I disabled this MTU path discovery and blackhole detection.. 

And set a fixed MTU of 1492 Bytes for my Ethernet Adapter in the registry

I have a DSL line so my Provider uses because of pppoe a MTU of 1492 Bytes 

After that i Set my Router to a MTU of 1492 Bytes too..

Restartet all devices

And the First Shot First die moments are gone and it seems to be consistent the Last few days. Even Ping is far more stable . 

For example

Normaly i start a round and have a Ping of 20ms.. after maybe 15-20 sec it rises to 29-35ms.. and fluctuate the whole Match.. even with Zero bufferbloat.

Now its stays 20-21ms on the Scoreboard

I dont know how consoles handle this.. but i would asume They will Use some sort of MTU path discovery too.. 

Try changing the MTU of your console and Router to Match the MTU of your provider.. 

Or try using the lowest MTU possible (576) 

It's snake oil. Gaming packets don't even reach the minimum MTU size, at least not in multiplayer. Maybe in warzone where they had some packet splitting going on at the start, don't know if it got fixed yes or no.

For me setting auto or 1492 on my PS4 makes absolutely no difference at all.

Had an awful game last night, lobby's where sweaty. Barely managed to keep 1kd lol

I felt handicapped, movement was sluggish. Aim was off, died faster in gun fights.

Skill-based matchmaking (also called SBMM), was in play. The system was working against me, I believe this was due to the last 3 days of high k/d

I looked it up to beat the SBMM play 5 to 6 games badly, close the app and load the game I was thrown into easy lobby's well not easy but everything changed I moved quicker, aim was on point got high kills again.

I thought cod warfare SBMM was just all talk last night confirmed it.

Has anyone else noticed after a while you get good games then next couple of games you have an awful experience, like nothing works you don't kills like you did previous games everything becomes harder to maintain a good k/d on the score board?

1 hour ago, Seye said:

Had an awful game last night, lobby's where sweaty. Barely managed to keep 1kd lol

I felt handicapped, movement was sluggish. Aim was off, died faster in gun fights.

Skill-based matchmaking (also called SBMM), was in play. The system was working against me, I believe this was due to the last 3 days of high k/d

I looked it up to beat the SBMM play 5 to 6 games badly, close the app and load the game I was thrown into easy lobby's well not easy but everything changed I moved quicker, aim was on point got high kills again.

Has anyone else noticed after a while you get good games then next couple of games you have an awful experience, like nothing works you don't kills like you did previous games everything becomes harder to maintain a good k/d on the score board?

Of course we've all noticed SBMM. Try having a 2.4 k/d, literally I've had matches where I haven't heard any gunfire in 2 mins, seriously!

Its coz no one is moving so no one is finding anyone to shoot.

I had a match last night of CTF on Grazna Raid... the best guy on the enemy team had 3 kills and no one in the lobby had more than 7 kills... in a 10 minute match!

I was in the match for the last 2 mins, I finished 2 - 1, I was running around all over the map, couldn't find anyone to shoot. I spent at least 1 of those mins I was in the match hearing no gunfire, no footsteps... nothing.

Another match on Pica, the enemy team sat in their spawn the whole match (10 mins)

My team just had to camp outside their spawn and wait for someone to peak... it was so boring!

I managed to get an advanced UAV and you could see all the enemy team sitting in corners, pre aiming. They only moved once my chopper gunner came in and destroyed them all.

6 hours ago, SolidOny said:

Does these settings work in Warzone as well?

I can’t answer that as I don’t play warzone.

22 hours ago, Sable said:

Oh nice you got in.

I got in on my own way, lol

No email was ever received till today

The updated firmware is smooth and stable.......i'm monitoring everything as it goes

I'm on the XR500.

1 minute ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

The updated firmware is smooth and stable.......i'm monitoring everything as it goes

I'm on the XR500.

Lol what you mean on your own way?

1 minute ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

I'm on the XR500.

Give the settings a try and see how it goes.

4 minutes ago, Seye said:

Give the settings a try and see how it goes.

Which settings would that be?

With the latest patch (build) I saw improvements in the client send rate which is what i've chalked the better experienced down to as it was very low compared to the previous <.56 firmware everyone is on at the moment vs the client receive rate from the server.

Also upnp is showing ports that it never reflected before.

59 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Which settings would that be?

With the latest patch (build) I saw improvements in the client send rate which is what i've chalked the better experienced down to as it was very low compared to the previous <.56 firmware everyone is on at the moment vs the client receive rate from the server.

Also upnp is showing ports that it never reflected before.

It's on the first page

5 hours ago, Seye said:

Yes, this is my experience too. This isn't sbmm though. Other games have skill based match making and the competition gets harder in those games, but in this game you are handicapped in some way. That's what this being a second behind is.

I tried using the settings in party and had bad matches. They seem to only work when solo. I also tried adjusting them while in party and it didn't seem to make a difference. I was a second behind the lobby. Also to note, I was partied up with the host who had a much lower skill level/kd so you'd think if it was sbmm I would be playing potatoes and maybe we were but when your a second behind it doesn't make a difference.

I'm playing mainly warzone.

I do have a question for the mods. If some of the servers are showing up with the peer symbol how can I tell if I'm on a dedicated server or a peer host?

2 hours ago, Seye said:

It's on the first page

With DumaOS 3.0 I am using application qos (as opposed to device bandwith)and geo fencing (as opposed to radius filtering).......i've messed around with it abit already and I have found my current sweet spot.

Out the gate 3.0 with my setup has already given me a better experience.

But there is more to be gained in stability once everything is refined.

7 hours ago, Knomax said:

This COD is only for campers...

I disagree, I have played alot of FPS games and still come across campers e.g battlefield is a good example.  The game is designed for all kinds of players its up to you on what you do in the game. People rush and gun, some are perceive players some just choose to stand in one spot. 

9 minutes ago, Seye said:

I disagree, I have played alot of FPS games and still come across campers e.g battlefield is a good example.  The game is designed for all kinds of players its up to you on what you do in the game. People rush and gun, some are perceive players some just choose to stand in one spot. 

Some crazy camping goes on in BF4. One reason I don't play it that often.

11 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Some crazy camping goes on in BF4. One reason I don't play it that often.

That's the reason I stopped playing that game, I mind my business and I get blow up or snipped across the map 100 of miles away. When I watch the who I was killed by is some guy pacing back and forth behind in a wall highlighted in red LOL...that pisses me of hahahahaha 90% time you get killed off by someone random guy across the map.

Other than that man I enjoyed Vehicles(Tanks, boats etc on BF4) Able to destroy buildings etc was fun playing. Campaign was bad ass..fun game. 

27 minutes ago, Seye said:

That's the reason I stopped playing that game, I mind my business and I get blow up or snipped across the map 100 of miles away. When I watch the who I was killed by is some guy pacing back and forth behind in a wall highlighted in red LOL...that pisses me of hahahahaha 90% time you get killed off by someone random guy across the map.

Other than that man I enjoyed Vehicles(Tanks, boats etc on BF4) Able to destroy buildings etc was fun playing. Campaign was bad ass..fun game. 

Either that or they laying prone or hiding in a bush lol.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Gamer7 said:

@Netduma Fraser since a lot of the dedicated servers show up with the peer symbol, how can I tell whether I'm in a peer hosted game or in a dedicated server? 

You're very unlikely to get a peer game as they mainly use servers. Sometimes the domain name will include choopa or demonware or aws, something along those lines and that will mean a server. If it doesn't show this though it's still likely to be a server.