Defeat MW Lag Compensation!

Sable

I hear ya mate. I tried that before and didn't work for me but...

The last few sessions I have been throttling my speeds on OpenWRT to 25% of my actual speeds... doesn't matter what settings I'm using on the other router as its not a Netduma so I will not say.

So far, I have not been one shot / one framed / instamelted nor have I come across anyone sponging my shots.

I really wish this damn game would just play right without having to do all of this... every other shooter seems to.

1 hour ago, N3CR0 said:

I really wish this damn game would just play right without having to do all of this... every other shooter seems to.

I agree mate, it’s only cod.

I could literally plug in an old crappy isp router and go play fortnite and have a flawless connection and that game is free to play. 

Mental.

edit: and also Apex and Battlefield.

On 4/28/2020 at 10:21 AM, Sable said:

After various testings over the last few weeks I’ve finally found a way to defeat lag compensation on my end, when I was playing on servers in my country (UK) I was always a second behind foreign players due to lag compensation, so I used to always connect to the Spanish server or the Italian server to get myself on the better end of lag compensation, that worked for a while but then when the updates rolled out it began not to work. 

For about a week now I have had no issues with being insta melted and Hit marker bullet sponging. 

My solution is simple but please note that just because this works for me that doesn’t necessarily mean it will work for others, but hopefully it will.

On QoS I leave sliders at 100% and then select Never. Then on the console you will be playing the game on (which is PS4 for me) Give it exactly 3mb Download and 0.5mb Upload (between 0.5 and 0.3mb) and untick share excess, make sure you untick both download and upload. You can check in PS4 Network settings: test connection to see if what you have set has been applied. I don’t bother with port prioritisation and I leave DumaOS games ticked.

I keep my geo filter on strict with no ping assist and set it to 500km radius around my home country.

I hope this can help others out because this game can be quite frustrating, MW is very generous with the amount of lag compensation that it gives to higher ping players but by manipulating your connection and making it seem like you have slower speeds it seems to do the trick of eliminating it.

I'm going to use exact settings and let you know over the weekend.

For BO4 I did something like that, 1,08 on both. and my gameplay was better.  I tried with 1.08 for MW and unfortunatly, doesnt work,. Ill try 3 and 0.5 today and Ill let you know

5 hours ago, Muhammed said:

Hello. Used the setup and it works. Thank u.now my metwork is lag free and buffer free. I jus enable share excess whn i need to download huge updates. Other thn tht its good.. 

Glad it worked for you.

Thought I'd try this again and nope. All kindsa nope lol.

I know the Striker is poopy but it was taking 8+ shots to down anyone and thats if they went down at all.

I found this out months ago. This only contributes to the game being bad. Its broken and this only makes it worse. The game plays better with no qos, set your speed and lock it, dont share excess. The more software in a router thats running the worse your game will be. You cant judge it by playing 1 or 2 games. If you are put into a game in progress just finish it and wait until the next match. Games in progress usually work against you. When u lower your speed too low it affects the other people in the game and especially the ones in your party

After testing it i found that it seemed to work at first, but the moment family members started using the internet the connection was not as good even though the share was off. I find that with share and qos on with 70% bb and giving your console way more than what it needs made the gameplay smoother. I gave it 75 to 90 % of the bandwidth and that seems to help improve the hit detection, before i had everything equal with the console having more than enough needed (6down/3up). But when i changed it to 75% which is way more than what the console needs i was melting people in multiplayer. But i did find a use for share off with no QOS and that is when i gave the console 100% with no 1 else able to use the internet. With the console only using the internet i had games where i felt like i was tanking shots and that no one can outgun me, some games i had people shoot me first and still lost, outgunned shotguns with smgs before they can react around corners at punching distance etc. I would recommend the use of the share off no qos 100% on device if you are doing a tournament or something  because no one but you can use the net.

24 minutes ago, Aspect of Wrath said:

After testing it i found that it seemed to work at first, but the moment family members started using the internet the connection was not as good even though the share was off. I find that with share and qos on with 70% bb and giving your console way more than what it needs made the gameplay smoother. I gave it 75 to 90 % of the bandwidth and that seems to help improve the hit detection, before i had everything equal with the console having more than enough needed (6down/3up). But when i changed it to 75% which is way more than what the console needs i was melting people in multiplayer. But i did find a use for share off with no QOS and that is when i gave the console 100% with no 1 else able to use the internet. With the console only using the internet i had games where i felt like i was tanking shots and that no one can outgun me, some games i had people shoot me first and still lost, outgunned shotguns with smgs before they can react around corners at punching distance etc. I would recommend the use of the share off no qos 100% on device if you are doing a tournament or something  because no one but you can use the net.

No good with 20+ devices on your network and many folk wanting to use the net also.

Maybe if you live alone but I couldn't even try that. As soon as I turned off the connection I'd have folk banging on my door asking wtf am I doing this time.

11 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

No good with 20+ devices on your network and many folk wanting to use the net also.

Maybe if you live alone but I couldn't even try that. As soon as I turned off the connection I'd have folk banging on my door asking wtf am I doing this time.

Wow with that many people using the network it must be hard to accurately set up antibufferbloat with the proper %. Wish antibufferbloat was like the cake program and automatic so that the router can find the best % instead of us trying to figure out how much we should congest it.

7 minutes ago, Aspect of Wrath said:

Wow with that many people using the network it must be hard to accurately set up antibufferbloat with the proper %. Wish antibufferbloat was like the cake program and automatic so that the router can find the best % instead of us trying to figure out how much we should congest it.

Actually no its not. With every CoD game since BOp3 I had antiBB running perfectly, no matter who was online using what.

MW on the other hand I haven't found anything at all that works. Without throttling my speeds, the game runs worse but I've found no setting that the game actually likes.

If you're talking about Cake as in the setting on OpenWRT, I use that and thats not how it works. If you don't throttle, you don't get rid of bufferbloat.

The settings are good but after trying this again during the week it felt like it didnt work has it should. No matter what I do the good settings doesn't stay consistent. One day it works and the next it doesn't has anyone experienced this? 

11 minutes ago, Seye said:

The settings are good but after trying this again during the week it felt like it didnt work has it should. No matter what I do the good settings doesn't stay consistent. One day it works and the next it doesn't has anyone experienced this? 

Same. For a couple of days I had a melty connection, now its gone back to hit and miss.

I dont know.. Nuke Clips with a mp5/7 ...

Dont get me wrong.. your hitdetection seems crisp . But you Use one of the Most broken weapons ingame with a Speed build.. its Just Natural that it Rips people. 

Many people on this Forum dosnt think about the fact that weapon balancing is a big factor too.

A SMGs has a  Standart sprintout Time of 130ms and a ADS time of 150-170ms 

With a speedbuild you can easy get this down to 100ms/120ms

A AR has a Standartsprintout Time of 284ms and a ADS time of 250-320ms

Thats a difference of about 250-300ms.. thats longer as the time to kill that Most weapons have.

Togheter with laserlike recoil and better movement, SMGs can easy outgun and dominate ARs on midrange becouse of this Timing Advantage.. Most time you are death befor you can fire your secound or third bullet.

If you want to Test hitdetection you should Use a semi Auto weapon Like the fal or the SKS/ebr where every bullet counts. You will feel the difference If you need 3-4 Hits with a 2 Hit weapon.

43 minutes ago, blackfirehawk said:

I dont know.. Nuke Clips with a mp5/7 ...

Dont get me wrong.. your hitdetection seems crisp . But you Use one of the Most broken weapons ingame with a Speed build.. its Just Natural that it Rips people. 

Many people on this Forum dosnt think about the fact that weapon balancing is a big factor too.

A SMGs has a  Standart sprintout Time of 130ms and a ADS time of 150-170ms 

With a speedbuild you can easy get this down to 100ms/120ms

A AR has a Standartsprintout Time of 284ms and a ADS time of 250-320ms

Thats a difference of about 250-300ms.. thats longer as the time to kill that Most weapons have.

Togheter with laserlike recoil and better movement, SMGs can easy outgun and dominate ARs on midrange becouse of this Timing Advantage.. Most time you are death befor you can fire your secound or third bullet.

If you want to Test hitdetection you should Use a semi Auto weapon Like the fal or the SKS/ebr where every bullet counts. You will feel the difference If you need 3-4 Hits with a 2 Hit weapon.

FR Nuke I got a couple of weeks ago. Crisp hit detection.

Just want to add my tweak based on his setting. 

I throttled my bandwidth to be 2.86 / 0.20 mbps and result was much better 

I have always been put against above average players due to strong SBMM. before throttling, my average kd is about 1.5-2.0 against these ppl. 

When I throttle my bandwidth to mentioned value. I ended up quad same folks in next match 

my KD is now at 3.13

23 minutes ago, Chaiyoabc said:

Just want to add my tweak based on his setting. 

I throttled my bandwidth to be 2.86 / 0.20 mbps and result was much better 

I have always been put against above average players due to strong SBMM. before throttling, my average kd is about 1.5-2.0 against these ppl. 

When I throttle my bandwidth to mentioned value. I ended up quad same folks in next match 

my KD is now at 3.13

Glad it works for you.