Defeat MW Lag Compensation!

Sable

1 hour ago, blackfirehawk said:

Netduma didnt Work at all with Cod on my end after season 3 Update.. i Change Router to a edgerouter and have better Results 

Yea Geo Filter was broken wasn't working well I noticed.

UPDATE- 

So far on MW multiplayer been smooth game-play getting more lobbies on <25ms ping  than 45ms ping. Hit registration great, haven't experienced random shoot first and die first so far.

9 minutes ago, Seye said:

UPDATE- 

So far on MW multiplayer been smooth game-play getting more lobbies on <25ms ping  than 45ms ping. Hit registration great, haven't experienced random shoot first and die first so far.

My gameplay is up and down as per usual.

I can play for 4 hours and not have a single BS death and other times I'm getting several BS deaths a match.

Tried 4 different routers, nothing has worked 100% of the time for me.

Pretty much accepting it now, clearly theres nothing I can do about it.

8 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

My gameplay is up and down as per usual.

I can play for 4 hours and not have a single BS death and other times I'm getting several BS deaths a match.

Tried 4 different routers, nothing has worked 100% of the time for me.

Pretty much accepting it now, clearly theres nothing I can do about it.

Been playing for an hour haven't come across any random bulllXXX yet, thank GOD. Yes all my shots hit and registers better, havent experienced shoot first and die first situation, I would play for a week and give an update.

What settings where you using? 

6 minutes ago, Seye said:

Been playing for an hour haven't come across any random bulllXXX yet, thank GOD. Yes all my shots hit and registers better, havent experienced shoot first and die first situation, I would play for a week and give an update.

What settings where you using? 

I'm using FreshTomato right now but it doesn't matter what I use or what my settings are... its hit and miss anyways.

I give up trying... theres nothing more I can do.

7 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

I'm using FreshTomato right now but it doesn't matter what I use or what my settings are... its hit and miss anyways.

I give up trying... theres nothing more I can do.

I'm not going to ask what that is lol....

UPDATE 2-

I forced Spain servers but play in <45ms ping lobbies, but my hit detection is on point I melt people :). The up side to that was I never played on peer host all servers all day, Finally I can enjoy this game.

37 minutes ago, Seye said:

UPDATE 2-

I forced Spain servers but play in <45ms ping lobbies, but my hit detection is on point I melt people :). The up side to that was I never played on peer host all servers all day, Finally I can enjoy this game.

Yea man the Spanish servers are really good if your from U.K.

16 minutes ago, Sable said:

Yea man the Spanish servers are really good if your from U.K.

I'm from UK but man over time you get sweaty lobbies with try hards lol

I tried France which was much better than Spain, I get <15ms and <25ms but 90% of the time I'm connected to <25ms ping lobbies doesn't go above <25ms which is great!

This is the best experience I have gotten on mw multiplayer, no random or unexplainable event, I played close to 7hrs not once did I experience I shoot first and die first.

I'm beginning to enjoy modern warfare since I got it, didn't rage once 😃

What I don't get is why can't I get this kind of ping when home location is on UK? When searching for lobby ping goes straight to <45ms to 90ms, the lowest is 45ms.

I think you guys should give it a try....force France or Spain servers, I prefer France.

I would try other close server locations, almost dropped my first nuke on mw 😃.

IMG_20200705_053051.jpg

That's funny because when I play from The Netherlands I always have a miserable time on the Paris server. It gives a higher ping then others as well. Like I will have 26ms to Paris and 28ms to Spain wtf.

26 minutes ago, Seye said:

I tried France which was much better than Spain, I get <15ms and <25ms but 90% of the time I'm connected to <25ms ping lobbies doesn't go above <25ms which is great!

This is the best experience I have gotten on mw multiplayer, no random or unexplainable event, I played close to 7hrs not once did I experience I shoot first and die first.

I'm beginning to enjoy modern warfare since I got it, didn't rage once 😃

What I don't get is why can't I get this kind of ping when home location is on UK? When searching for lobby ping goes straight to <45ms to 90ms, the lowest is 45ms.

I think you guys should give it a try....force France or Spain servers, I prefer France.

I would try other close server locations, almost dropped my first nuke on mw 😃.

IMG_20200705_053051.jpg

I can’t play on the French servers, always feel behind in matches. 

Italy is another good one if your from England, gives over 40 ping, give it a try.

My Geo is permanently, sat over Spain.  It makes all the difference for me... I actually enjoy playing this game now, which I didn't think would happen. Lol

I'm fortunate to have FTTP, (needed at my house) but I do still adjust the sliders on the QOS to around 90/90 and set it to kick  in when gaming traffic is detected. There are over 50 devices including 5 Xbox consoles and my PC, plus constant streaming in every room. That's what you get when you have lots of kids and their partners at home! 😊 it definitely helps smooth things out though. Usually, my jitter doesn't go above 3ms and the rare occasional spike pops up... This all helps the gaming in my house and streaming, apart from MW.

Finding  that sweet spot regarding latency, is the only way to get some good games in MW from what I've experienced.There will always be the odd duff lobby with the amount of cheats our there, but I find it funny... And a little sad. 💩

My friend progprogprog, who I spend a lot of time gaming with has forced literally, every country and his sweet spot appears to be France.

After playing with various settings I now always set my XR to strict with no ping assist, plonk it over Spain. It can take a while to find a lobby, but it's definitely worth it. 👍 👍 

6 hours ago, Sable said:

I can’t play on the French servers, always feel behind in matches. 

Italy is another good one if your from England, gives over 40 ping, give it a try.

I would give Italy a try, when you say. Feel behind how do you mean? I'm from UK to but don't experience that, I get that alot on UK lobbies which I find annoying.

Ive, definitely experienced playing on servers that are a bit further from my home has helped, I figured it was because you needed to have a ping in the 50-90ms range (in game ping) to avoid the weird lag compensation or whatever they do to level the connections of the lobby. But you guys are saying you are getting into lobbies with under 40ms latency and not getting shoot first die first? Is this the in game ping or the ping that the Dumaos is reporting?

It seems there's a definite cause of this shoot first die first and it should be fixable. Is it possible their lag compensation algorithms factor in distance from server? Or maybe the shoot first die first only happens in peer hosted lobbies and so just the act of forcing to server only can fix it?

I mean, I've heard of a lot of good players are playing off their mobile Hotspot to get higher quality games. If Hotspot are working better than wired internet, there's definitely a problem.

No other shooters behave this way for me and having a decent amount of experience at first person shooters, at this point the biggest detriment to improving or being successful in this game is this "a second behind", whether that's lag compensation or caused by something else, it seems to be fixable on our end and it's something I'd like a solution to. 

36 minutes ago, Gamer7 said:

I mean, I've heard of a lot of good players are playing off their mobile Hotspot to get higher quality games. If Hotspot are working better than wired internet, there's definitely a problem.

Doesn't work for everyone. When I've tried using my phone as a hotspot, I teleport around the map, bullets don't reg, sometimes I freeze on the spot and when it comes outta it, I'm dead.

Just now, N3CR0 said:

Doesn't work for everyone. When I've tried using my phone as a hotspot, I teleport around the map, bullets don't reg, sometimes I freeze on the spot and when it comes outta it, I'm dead.

Right, it seems to fix the"lag compensation" issue but comes with its own host of other issues, making it a not viable solution. The reason I bring it up is because it shows that the issue of being one second behind is fixable on our end, we just need a solution that fixes that while still allowing us to play on a stable/higher quality connection.

17 minutes ago, Gamer7 said:

The reason I bring it up is because it shows that the issue of being one second behind is fixable on our end, we just need a solution that fixes that while still allowing us to play on a stable/higher quality connection.

Of course. I had plenty of games when MW first came out where I was clearly behind everyone, it was just a case of changing my QoS settings.

I haven't had a game this year I don't think where I've obviously been behind connection wise.

Well with this method all my good games even losses I always had 1.58 to 2.00 kd minimum, before now it was worse struggling to have 1.00 me that's on a good game.

My average kills increased from 8 to15  and highest kill steak from 12 to 22.

Funny thing is people see me first most times but I manage to land the shot first shot and win the gun fight or they shoot first and still manage to win but with very low health.

This wasn't the case before using the settings posted.