Defeat MW Lag Compensation!

Sable

36 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Doesn't work for everyone. When I've tried using my phone as a hotspot, I teleport around the map, bullets don't reg, sometimes I freeze on the spot and when it comes outta it, I'm dead.

That depends on your provider and signal strenght.

Here in Asia it doesn't work well for me as I only get 2-3 bars in the house, but I have tried it in Europe and it works fine, as long as you can live with the occasional timeout.

33 minutes ago, Bert said:

That depends on your provider and signal strenght.

Here in Asia it doesn't work well for me as I only get 2-3 bars in the house, but I have tried it in Europe and it works fine, as long as you can live with the occasional timeout.

For me, the room I have everything in is tiny, like 10ft x 7ft so my router is about 3ft from my phone which is sitting on top of my console.

Having said that, something in my room messes with wireless signals it seems. If I try playing CoD with a wireless controller, I get quite a bit of input lag.

With the amount of disconnects we get in the downstairs area with our streaming sticks, I'd say something in this house messes with the signal no matter where anything is.

59 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Of course. I had plenty of games when MW first came out where I was clearly behind everyone, it was just a case of changing my QoS settings.

I haven't had a game this year I don't think where I've obviously been behind connection wise.

A few posts ago you said your games were hit or miss and it hadn't been consistent for you, now you are saying you haven't had a game you were behind connection wise? I'm confused.

49 minutes ago, Seye said:

Well with this method all my good games even losses I always had 1.58 to 2.00 kd minimum, before now it was worse struggling to have 1.00 me that's on a good game.

My average kills increased from 8 to15  and highest kill steak from 12 to 22.

Funny thing is people see me first most times but I manage to land the shot first shot and win the gun fight or they shoot first and still manage to win but with very low health.

This wasn't the case before using the settings posted.

What settings are you using now that have been working for you? Do they work pretty consistently without using geo-filter? Also, do they work when playing alone or when playing in a party?

I find that currently I get great games when I play alone or do fill team on warzone, but if I party up with friends there are times I start getting shoot first die first.

48 minutes ago, Gamer7 said:

A few posts ago you said your games were hit or miss and it hadn't been consistent for you, now you are saying you haven't had a game you were behind connection wise? I'm confused.

What settings are you using now that have been working for you? Do they work pretty consistently without using geo-filter? Also, do they work when playing alone or when playing in a party?

I find that currently I get great games when I play alone or do fill team on warzone, but if I party up with friends there are times I start getting shoot first die first.

I'm using the settings on the first page, yes its consistent.

1 hour ago, Gamer7 said:

I get shoot first die first, but no sense of being behind. When you're behind, its pretty obvious from the killcams ie. an enemy right in front of you yet on your screen there wasn't anyone there.

I get the usual shot first die first, killcam either shows you almost killed them, or for some reason your bullets didn't do enough damage to get the kill. Plenty of times I've got nothing but hitmarkers on someone and the killcam even shows I hit them about 10 times yet each shot clearly did very little damage despite every shot hitting them in the chest area.

1 hour ago, Gamer7 said:

I get the same. Play for hours solo, no BS deaths then team up with a mate or two, can't seem to drop anyone.

5 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

I get the same. Play for hours solo, no BS deaths then team up with a mate or two, can't seem to drop anyone.

I'm going to try the settings on the first page, but try not throttling as much while in party. I think this could be the issue. 

1 hour ago, Gamer7 said:

If I join a party of friend then its not going to be the same since his hosting but I noticed at times friends I join in the same location they cant find games I have to either widen radius or turn off strict mode so I think your settings still works I cant say for sure.

8 minutes ago, Gamer7 said:

I'm going to try the settings on the first page, but try not throttling as much while in party. I think this could be the issue. 

Why not? I throttle in a party I dont see any difference, I still get 15 to 25ms ping

On 7/5/2020 at 7:11 AM, Sable said:

I can’t play on the French servers, always feel behind in matches. 

Italy is another good one if your from England, gives over 40 ping, give it a try.

I forgot to ask, do you have your nat type on open or moderate? I have mine on moderate at the moment

31 minutes ago, Gamer7 said:

I tried turning off QoS when playing with mates and it was better but not much. I was losing 6 outta 10 gunfights last time I played in a party.

23 minutes ago, Seye said:

Why not? I throttle in a party I dont see any difference, I still get 15 to 25ms ping

Throttling your speed will make no difference to your ping.

My ping is still similar in party, but ping doesn't seem to be what's causing the lag compensation, unless you have less than 40 ping and aren't using these settings. I'm just going by the quality of the game. In my experience you can have a great ping and have shoot first die first due to the lag comp. Ideally we want to get rid of the lag comp and have as low ping as possible, but it's likely that ping is a variable in their lag comp computation on their end. 

This is why I don't even understand why throttling bandwidth would help, because with the low amount of data that gets sent in online gaming it should still send at the same latency even if you throttle. Unless you throttle so much that you start losing packets.

The only reason I think not throttling as much wI'll help while in party is because before throttling I was having good games in certain parties, but no good games while playing alone. 

(I'm on open nat)

1 minute ago, N3CR0 said:

Throttling your speed will make no difference to your ping.

So why is it when I throttle my speed, I now get 15ms lobbies has to when I didin't? And Yes I have gone back to previous normal setting on search for a lobby it starts from 25 and finds a lobby at 45ms?

2 minutes ago, Seye said:

So why is when I throttle my speed, I now get 15ms lobbies has to when I didin't?

Coincidence I'm afraid.

The game puts me in 30ms+ ping lobbies 99% of the time whether I throttle or not.

11 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

I tried turning off QoS when playing with mates and it was better but not much. I was losing 6 outta 10 gunfights last time I played in a party.

I have qos off, but I have only my ps4 and my phone on the network while playing. If you have ton of stuff on your network, qos on should theoretically be better, but I have mine off since my network is just the ps4/phone and people on here are saying it helps to have it off for some reason. (I don't know why)

Just now, N3CR0 said:

Coincidence I'm afraid.

The game puts me in 30ms+ ping lobbies 99% of the time whether I throttle or not.

I tell you what, I will factory reset netduma right now use normal settings that is reconmended by netduma which I have been using for months! Search for a game and see what it says then use the settings on here and see if it makes a difference in ms ping.

I have been playing this game since day 1 it was released, its been frustrating playing  in laggy lobbies random bullshite happening. But last 3 days I have actually enjoyed playing this game no bullshite.

If I lose a gun fight either my opponent has better gun skill or he caught me off guard. No shoot first die first crap, I can account for every bullet that missed my target or hit a wall that how good my lobbies are. 

I would be back with my findings later.

To be fair I dont know whats going on but I'm happy that I can actually enjoy this game in a very long time (In months actually).

10 minutes ago, Gamer7 said:

I have qos off, but I have only my ps4 and my phone on the network while playing. If you have ton of stuff on your network, qos on should theoretically be better, but I have mine off since my network is just the ps4/phone and people on here are saying it helps to have it off for some reason. (I don't know why)

I hear ya but I have 20+ devices on my network so its needed in my case.

Generally low ping is a good thing in most games, but in this game most good players and streamers etc seemed to be trying to get ping in 70-80ms range to avoid the disadvantage of lag compensation.

There are a lot of ways to do this, pick a server further away, add artificial delay, or play on a hot spot etc.

However recently I've noticed they have all started playing on much lower pings around 15ms. So somehow they figured out how to bypass the lag comp AND have a low ping.

Maybe the settings Seye's using are the answer. I don't understand why that would work, but if it does that's all I care about. I will try them tonight and I will try adjusting them while in party to see if there's different settings in party.

On a side note the party leader shouldnt affect your connection other than putting you on a different server, because we are playing on dedicated servers not p2p correct?

15 minutes ago, Gamer7 said:

Generally low ping is a good thing in most games, but in this game most good players and streamers etc seemed to be trying to get ping in 70-80ms range to avoid the disadvantage of lag compensation.

There are a lot of ways to do this, pick a server further away, add artificial delay, or play on a hot spot etc.

However recently I've noticed they have all started playing on much lower pings around 15ms. So somehow they figured out how to bypass the lag comp AND have a low ping.

Maybe the settings Seye's using are the answer. I don't understand why that would work, but if it does that's all I care about. I will try them tonight and I will try adjusting them while in party to see if there's different settings in party.

On a side note the party leader shouldnt affect your connection other than putting you on a different server, because we are playing on dedicated servers not p2p correct?

Whenever I've seen Scump stream, he's always in sub 15ms lobbies.

1 hour ago, Seye said:

To be fair I dont know whats going on but I'm happy that I can actually enjoy this game in a very long time (In months actually).

What settings exactly you use? =)

1 hour ago, Gamer7 said:

where are those settings?

54 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Whenever I've seen Scump stream, he's always in sub 15ms lobbies.

At times I feel these guys (streamers) pay a independent private company to guarantee them solid connections to cod servers, not sure if such service exist but I know there are private servers you can pay for online for games like battle field etc.

There is something they are doing that we causal gamer's dont know about, its not there internet connection has to be something else. 

Trust me on 15ms ping lobby I feel invincible lol

So I have reset my router, still the same results has before

I did get 25m ping on first 3 games I played, then After 45ms to 90ms ping lobbies even when connected to dedicated server on default normal settings. Which works great on other cod games been using for years bo3,IW,mw remastered great game,WW2,bo4. For some reason MW 2019 is a different story.

Went back to this settings on here, still get 15ms ping lobbies at this point I can't complain. I'm happy about it I just hope nothing changes this soon 😅

Yeap that's the sound of my PS4 pro about to take off lol