Shoot first die first? Come here, this is my solution

Chaiyoabc

On 3/17/2020 at 12:17 AM, blackfirehawk said:

What helped on my end was Killing the QoS on my Internet Router..

I have a Fritzbox 7560.. with ip Phone Features ..

A can choose some QoS settings..Realtime.. high Priorität and Background.. but thats more Like bandwitch Reservation..and only seems to work If the Line fully conqested. . And  seems only for Upload

Non  of these three settings Worked or make a difference on CoD

So i saved the setting File and Open it on my PC with wordpad

Fritzbox Automatic prio some stuff that are Hidden from the web interface.. and are priorisized over realtime

igmp,DNS,SIP, VoIP and some other stuff

So i disabled all of them.. and Set only my CoD Profile ( UDP 3074:30000-45000) to highest prio rule i could find.. (ipintfaceCtrl)

And reuploadet the setting File..

Now i get far better hitdetection and win more gunfights.. i dont have the Feeling iam a sec behind and bullets Hit Like They should. 

Sure i die often but its feel far more even in gunfights

I think many Internet Routers have Hidden prios for SIP, VoIP,phone and Other stuff

How did you manage this? I've got a Fritzbox 7530 and I want to do the same. I've managed to open the config file in wordpad but I've got absolutely no idea of which fields to edit. Would rather disable as much as possible and just let my nighthawk do QoS. The fritzbox is essentially bridged, as I've turned off all DHCP, used the wrong ISP login details and let the nighthawk establish its own PPPoE connection as per an online guide but the game performance is still poor. Any pointers as to which strings i need to edit etc would be much appreciated mate if its not too much trouble.

49 minutes ago, Squizz said:

How did you manage this? I've got a Fritzbox 7530 and I want to do the same. I've managed to open the config file in wordpad but I've got absolutely no idea of which fields to edit. Would rather disable as much as possible and just let my nighthawk do QoS. The fritzbox is essentially bridged, as I've turned off all DHCP, used the wrong ISP login details and let the nighthawk establish its own PPPoE connection as per an online guide but the game performance is still poor. Any pointers as to which strings i need to edit etc would be much appreciated mate if its not too much trouble.

If the Fritzbox ist Bridget you didnt need to do anything

1 hour ago, blackfirehawk said:

If the Fritzbox ist Bridget you didnt need to do anything

Thanks for replying, see the thing is im not 100% its the same as being properly bridged though, its a workaround of sorts i found on Google just to fix my double NAT essentially, and when i look through the config file it looks like there is indeed some hidden QoS stuff going on eg:

name = "igmp";
                type = qos_cfg_hidden;
                iface = qos_local;
                rule = "localmark igmp";
                result {
                        tos = -1;
                        vlan_prio = -1;
                        queueref = "ifacectl";
                }
        } {
                enabled = yes;

Or is all this irrelevant to the things you changed in your config file?

On 4/7/2020 at 2:44 AM, Seye said:

Okay so I'm gonna try your settings for the next one week, I use BT which doesn't support QOS on there router has far as mine other. I would post feedback here. 

Did you try it ??

4 hours ago, L7NALMARI said:

Did you try it ??

Yes was great, much better experience but the downside since I got my pc connected to netduma I cant stream or watch movies it buffers on PC.

So I have reverted back to my normal settings unless there is a way to balance both my PS4 and PC using this method.

On 3/15/2020 at 8:40 AM, Chaiyoabc said:

Hello, I have been tweaking my setting for about 6 months dedicatedly for call of duty series with 2 isp and tons of different metohds. I had been struggling with ‘shoot first die first’ until I have found my solution to eliminate that. 

please be noted that this method is not going to be like ‘game changer’ or anything. I would say it could help you about 40% of times. If you get shot at the back, you would still die, as well if your aim sucks, you would die. the benefit I have found out was that I have been no longer in ‘instant death’ situations unless enemy pre-fire from corner first. I hope this helps and please do not judge me if my method doesn’t improve. 

Let’s start with some basic information

my location: Thailand connecting to Singapore servers. Southeast Asia region 

server ping: 

Singapore - 35ms

Japan - 110ms

Australia server - 130 to 190ms 

Arab server - 170 to 190ms 

Europe server - 210 to 240

American server - 220 to 300 (depends on location in US)

My ISP: 3BB and Ais E-Sport package

My internet speed: 200/200 

My hardware:

PS4 Pro with DNS: 192.168.88.1 
Asus router with DDWRT firmware 

Netduma R1 

My setup method: this is the most important part that improve the game for me. I would say many people didn’t have this method and most ppl focusing on tweaking what inside netduma r1 and turned out it was meaningless no matter how much you tweak your netduma r1 

here is the most important thing —> double qos and double upnp. Yes you hear it right. Let me explain how to do that below 

my setup method (cont.): Asus router DMZ with Netduma r1. Don’t bridge it because you won’t be able to do ‘double qos’ and ‘double upnp’ 

now Let’s talk about your main router. Most of your main router should have basic functions to turn on/off upnp and qos. You have to go through your main router and turn both on. That’s it and you are done

now let’s talk about netduma r1 setting. 

Geo filter: put radius around my country. Cover only Singapore server. Use strict mode 

QoS

Speed input: put your total Bandwidth only around 85% of your ISP package speed. For instance, my package is 200/200. I put only 170/170 

Bandwidth percentage. Tick ‘Always’ 

I put around 2% both DL and UL. That makes total 3.4mb out of 170mb. So your total connection is throttled. Sidenote, please do this after you connect to lobby of Cod Mw game(after fetching profile done) 

Bandwidth allocation(the flower graph): prioritize 80% to your Playstation, both Download and Upload with share excess OFF

Traffic Prioritization: disable it. You don't need it. Make sure nothing is check in the box. I have seen many people talking about port things here. I tried it many times even with caddy software. It is useless for me. 

Netduma Upnp: make sure it is on

thats it you are done. 

Please post result here I would want to know as well if it worked for you guys 

Why don’t get net type open?? Get moderate 

9 hours ago, Seye said:

Yes was great, much better experience but the downside since I got my pc connected to netduma I cant stream or watch movies it buffers on PC.

So I have reverted back to my normal settings unless there is a way to balance both my PS4 and PC using this method.

Do you get net type open ?? For me get moderate 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2020 at 8:15 PM, L7NALMARI said:

Why don’t get net type open?? Get moderate 

Yes, your nat type will become moderate. but just ignore it. In generally, it will slow down your packets to MW, by slowing down mean you can get milli sec ahead of enemy. quite cheesy but effective

9 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

Yes, your nat type will become moderate. but just ignore it. In generally, it will slow down your packets to MW, by slowing down mean you can get milli sec ahead of enemy. quite cheesy but effective

Can't say it makes any difference for me nor has it ever. Open or Mod NAT, I'm not ahead of other players.

15 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

Lol who told you that? That is incorrect.

• 11 months later...

So I have read this post, tried it all and it worked for me but I have found me a solution that is better than this and not sure if it will help anyone but thought id share. For about a year now I have been having massive issues with Shoot First Die First in Warzone.. I have tried everything to solve it, the reducing up and down speeds worked for abit but where always hit and miss. Sometime they worked, some days not.

Eventually my mate came up with a solution that has seemed to solve the problem for me.

My setup was this.. Huawai Modem from BT >> XR700 >> PC

It turns out that the QoS wasn't working correctly, thus causing LAG!.. The reason behind this was PPPoE, If you are directing your network straight to the XR700 (This also was the same on every other brand of router I tried... and trust me I tried alot!!) It would just shoot first die first.

So what I did was change the setup to this.. Huawai Modem from BT >> BT ROUTER >> XR700 >> PC

I put my XR700 IP into the BT ROUTER DMZ, This has worked a dream for me! My QoS is working spot on now and I am no longer shooting first and dying first, im able to quick spin and kill people shooting me etc! 

The only issue I had with the above was that my XR700 made a random IP up again and so the XR700 was no longer in the BT DMZ and I lagged again.. So this MUST be the FIX!!

The BT router must take the PPPoE and settle it before sending it out to the XR700 or what not... Btw i am no way in any shape or form and internet wiz.. Just thought id share what worked for me! 

Try it out if poss

If your already setup as above then sorry to not be able to help! 

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Would entering the BT PPPoE username and password into DumaOS have the same outcome?

No, he is saying for another router i.e. the BT hub to handle PPPoE instead of DumaOS.

4 hours ago, davemarsden132 said:

So I have read this post, tried it all and it worked for me but I have found me a solution that is better than this and not sure if it will help anyone but thought id share. For about a year now I have been having massive issues with Shoot First Die First in Warzone.. I have tried everything to solve it, the reducing up and down speeds worked for abit but where always hit and miss. Sometime they worked, some days not.

Eventually my mate came up with a solution that has seemed to solve the problem for me.

My setup was this.. Huawai Modem from BT >> XR700 >> PC

It turns out that the QoS wasn't working correctly, thus causing LAG!.. The reason behind this was PPPoE, If you are directing your network straight to the XR700 (This also was the same on every other brand of router I tried... and trust me I tried alot!!) It would just shoot first die first.

So what I did was change the setup to this.. Huawai Modem from BT >> BT ROUTER >> XR700 >> PC

I put my XR700 IP into the BT ROUTER DMZ, This has worked a dream for me! My QoS is working spot on now and I am no longer shooting first and dying first, im able to quick spin and kill people shooting me etc! 

The only issue I had with the above was that my XR700 made a random IP up again and so the XR700 was no longer in the BT DMZ and I lagged again.. So this MUST be the FIX!!

The BT router must take the PPPoE and settle it before sending it out to the XR700 or what not... Btw i am no way in any shape or form and internet wiz.. Just thought id share what worked for me! 

Try it out if poss

If your already setup as above then sorry to not be able to help! 

Sounds very interesting.  I will try that out. Thanks for the tip. What are your QoS Settings in your XR700? What Wifi are you using, from the BT ROUTER or the XR700?

Is the connection from BT ROUTER to XR700 not still PPPoE?

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No, he is saying for another router i.e. the BT hub to handle PPPoE instead of DumaOS.

Yeah I know, but I don’t have a BT router in addition to the BT Smarthub2...so would adding the BT PPPoE details in to DumaOS have the same effect? I’ve never added PPPoE details into DumaOS so just wondering if that could improve things (I’ve just been adding the R2 IP into the DMZ on the BT Smarthub2 to get open NAT).

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Yeah I know, but I don’t have a BT router in addition to the BT Smarthub2...so would adding the BT PPPoE details in to DumaOS have the same effect? I’ve never added PPPoE details into DumaOS so just wondering if that could improve things (I’ve just been adding the R2 IP into the DMZ on the BT Smarthub2 to get open NAT).

The hub would be sufficient and that should be able to handle PPPoE. It wouldn't really make a difference either way, best to keep it the way you have it now. That's what I would do.

6 hours ago, Waka4412 said:

Sounds very interesting.  I will try that out. Thanks for the tip. What are your QoS Settings in your XR700? What Wifi are you using, from the BT ROUTER or the XR700?

Is the connection from BT ROUTER to XR700 not still PPPoE?

I keep my QoS settings at 70% down and 70% up, i untick dumaos games and put my pc and the gf pc in traffic prioritization. 

I turned wifi off on the BT router, all wifi is on the XR700 - my thought behind this was, QoS wouldnt work if BT router was controllong Wifi and XR700 ethernet. I could be wrong but that was my thought so BT router has nothing but thr XR700 connected. And the XR700 IP in the DMZ of the BT Router (its under firewall on bt settings 192.168.1.254) 

The XR700 dosent pick up the internet using PPPoE then, so when you set up the XR700 you wont need to put the BT username and pwd in. It should auto assign an IP. 

I then set static IP to my gaming pc and gfs pc on the router and set NAT to Open. 

Hope this helps, let me know 😃👍

So under internet settings on the XR700 where it asks if you need a username and pwd select NO 

That way the BT router is controlling the username and pwd PPPoE then sending the internet to the XR700 for distribution around the home. 

Download pingplotter it is free, i use this to check my network. Run it, then run a speedtest on any of the sites you should not see much interference with the ping. If you do change the prioritization numbers and repeat until it is steady. I keep share excess on! 

Then what i did was go to traffic and run the speed test again, you should see the PC fire to the top of the list when on download and the bar shoot to the end! 

5 hours ago, davemarsden132 said:

I keep my QoS settings at 70% down and 70% up, i untick dumaos games and put my pc and the gf pc in traffic prioritization. 

I turned wifi off on the BT router, all wifi is on the XR700 - my thought behind this was, QoS wouldnt work if BT router was controllong Wifi and XR700 ethernet. I could be wrong but that was my thought so BT router has nothing but thr XR700 connected. And the XR700 IP in the DMZ of the BT Router (its under firewall on bt settings 192.168.1.254) 

The XR700 dosent pick up the internet using PPPoE then, so when you set up the XR700 you wont need to put the BT username and pwd in. It should auto assign an IP. 

I then set static IP to my gaming pc and gfs pc on the router and set NAT to Open. 

Hope this helps, let me know 😃👍

Thank You for the information. Do you put your computer as a gaming console in traffic prioritization? How did your friend come up with the idea for the new setup? Does he have an IT background?