Shoot first die first? Come here, this is my solution

Chaiyoabc

Hello, I have been tweaking my setting for about 6 months dedicatedly for call of duty series with 2 isp and tons of different metohds. I had been struggling with ‘shoot first die first’ until I have found my solution to eliminate that. 

please be noted that this method is not going to be like ‘game changer’ or anything. I would say it could help you about 40% of times. If you get shot at the back, you would still die, as well if your aim sucks, you would die. the benefit I have found out was that I have been no longer in ‘instant death’ situations unless enemy pre-fire from corner first. I hope this helps and please do not judge me if my method doesn’t improve. 

Let’s start with some basic information

my location: Thailand connecting to Singapore servers. Southeast Asia region 

server ping: 

Singapore - 35ms

Japan - 110ms

Australia server - 130 to 190ms 

Arab server - 170 to 190ms 

Europe server - 210 to 240

American server - 220 to 300 (depends on location in US)

My ISP: 3BB and Ais E-Sport package

My internet speed: 200/200 

My hardware:

PS4 Pro with DNS: 192.168.88.1 
Asus router with DDWRT firmware 

Netduma R1 

My setup method: this is the most important part that improve the game for me. I would say many people didn’t have this method and most ppl focusing on tweaking what inside netduma r1 and turned out it was meaningless no matter how much you tweak your netduma r1 

here is the most important thing —> double qos and double upnp. Yes you hear it right. Let me explain how to do that below 

my setup method (cont.): Asus router DMZ with Netduma r1. Don’t bridge it because you won’t be able to do ‘double qos’ and ‘double upnp’ 

now Let’s talk about your main router. Most of your main router should have basic functions to turn on/off upnp and qos. You have to go through your main router and turn both on. That’s it and you are done

now let’s talk about netduma r1 setting. 

Geo filter: put radius around my country. Cover only Singapore server. Use strict mode 

QoS

Speed input: put your total Bandwidth only around 85% of your ISP package speed. For instance, my package is 200/200. I put only 170/170 

Bandwidth percentage. Tick ‘Always’ 

I put around 2% both DL and UL. That makes total 3.4mb out of 170mb. So your total connection is throttled. Sidenote, please do this after you connect to lobby of Cod Mw game(after fetching profile done) 

Bandwidth allocation(the flower graph): prioritize 80% to your Playstation, both Download and Upload with share excess OFF

Traffic Prioritization: disable it. You don't need it. Make sure nothing is check in the box. I have seen many people talking about port things here. I tried it many times even with caddy software. It is useless for me. 

Netduma Upnp: make sure it is on

thats it you are done. 

Please post result here I would want to know as well if it worked for you guys 

30 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

@_@

Hey, if its working for him so be it.

Nothing I tried with my Duma worked but the games running much better on OpenWRT. Not perfect and I'm sure never will be but theres alot less BS moments.

My k/d has gone from 1.9 to 2.2 since I've been using OpenWRT.

Guest Killhippie
6 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Nothing I tried with my Duma worked but the games running much better on OpenWRT. Not perfect and I'm sure never will be but theres alot less BS moments.

Indeed if it works thats great no hard and fast rules just experiment, but it was posted as my my cat was sick on my duvet so all a bit dazed and confused. :)

2 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

What settings with OpenWRT you use?

3 hours ago, MySettingzSucks said:

You use latest version of openwrt ? What qos algorithm

OpenWrt 18.06.2 r7676-cddd7b4c77 / LuCI openwrt-18.06 branch (git-19.020.41695-6f6641d)

Duno if thats the latest version or not.

I'm using SFQ - Simplest_TBF.QoS on dsl0.101 (wan) interface.

9 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

OpenWrt 18.06.2 r7676-cddd7b4c77 / LuCI openwrt-18.06 branch (git-19.020.41695-6f6641d)

Duno if thats the latest version or not.

What how did you get SFQ? I thought luci-app-sqm only had fq_codel and cake nowadays. Maybe in your build it has or have you downloaded some old qos algorithm? 

And one antoher question. Do you get less instamelted with these settings or are the enemies slower with these settings?

16 minutes ago, MySettingzSucks said:

What how did you get SFQ? I thought luci-app-sqm only had fq_codel and cake nowadays. Maybe in your build it has or have you downloaded some old qos algorithm? 

And one antoher question. Do you get less instamelted with these settings or are the enemies slower with these settings?

It just appeared with Pie and Codel one day. Must've auto added or updated or something.

Enemies ain't slow, I don't get why peoples are talking about that. Everytime I've seen a clip where peoples saying enemies are slow, they look normal to me.

Still get instamelted sometimes sure, I got one shot twice in a match the other night with an Uzi of all things LOL.

Remember the servers and netcode are rubbish so the router can only do so much. You'll still get BS deaths.

What helped on my end was Killing the QoS on my Internet Router..

I have a Fritzbox 7560.. with ip Phone Features ..

A can choose some QoS settings..Realtime.. high Priorität and Background.. but thats more Like bandwitch Reservation..and only seems to work If the Line fully conqested. . And  seems only for Upload

Non  of these three settings Worked or make a difference on CoD

So i saved the setting File and Open it on my PC with wordpad

Fritzbox Automatic prio some stuff that are Hidden from the web interface.. and are priorisized over realtime

igmp,DNS,SIP, VoIP and some other stuff

So i disabled all of them.. and Set only my CoD Profile ( UDP 3074:30000-45000) to highest prio rule i could find.. (ipintfaceCtrl)

And reuploadet the setting File..

Now i get far better hitdetection and win more gunfights.. i dont have the Feeling iam a sec behind and bullets Hit Like They should. 

Sure i die often but its feel far more even in gunfights

I think many Internet Routers have Hidden prios for SIP, VoIP,phone and Other stuff

This but also a lot of ISP's run these types of QoS on their end, especially VOIP and IPTV.

It's not just routers either. I have a huawai ONT around that they normally use but that also has stuff inside like QoS settings. I haven't been able to access it though.

Yeah.. even TCP acks are priorisized by my Internet Router.. there is a funny Overview on the Fritzbox.. when i Download... The Upload goes Up too.. marked as high priorisized.. even without any prio Rules..

I didnt Use IPTV or IPphone so i dont need a prio for them.. 

Making it useless to portprio on my netduma If my Router prio other stuff too

I think If you want to prio with netduma you need a pure Modem.. Not a Internet Router with exposed Horst/DMZ 

I dont know If bridging Helps too.. 

I will try it next Month with a vygor 160 Modem If it improves over my Fritzbox.. If It dosnt improves i send it Back on amazon

On the other Hand its much about gun balancing

i think all SMGs are brutaly OP because of there fast sprintout Time and very Low Recoil and Sometimes too much range...They can easy outgun Most ARs on midrange becouse of this facts.. making running ARs a disadventage.. i can easy snipe people with a mp5 and MP7

A fully Speed kitted mp5 have a sprintout time of 100ms and a  ADS time of about 150ms..
Most ARs have a sprintout time of 267ms and a ads time of 250-300 ms
you are mostly death before you even can fire your secound bullet becouse of this Speed difference.. 
Sure SMGs need a bullet or two more on range.. but They have about 200-250ms Advantage over ARs

SMGs need a big Balancing.. 50-80ms more sprintout Time and more recoil or a range reduction by about 25%

Thats the other reason for many First Shot First die Moments

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 11:12 AM, N3CR0 said:

I just noticed this post  and wanted to ask you

what do you put in  link ayer adaption settins

Per packet overhead byte

Cheers

This sounds weird but hey if it works for you I guess it works. I have been using netduma for years now, yes it does the job but I haven't found a sweet spot or settings that has amazed me and stayed that way. Things keep changing, I cant fault netduma router due to the rubbish netcode of cod games which I play often. What works now which is spot on might stop working next few weeks, then I start messing around with my netduma which I hate doing. 

I just wish developers of the next cod game uses or updates their game netcode or whatever makes the game tick or work

On 3/15/2020 at 12:09 PM, N3CR0 said:

I turned off all qos and unticked traffic prioritization and dropped my first nuke and raised my kd from1.81.1.90 in 2 days

9 hours ago, MikeyPython said:

I turned off all qos and unticked traffic prioritization and dropped my first nuke and raised my kd from1.81.1.90 in 2 days

I don't use any port prio but MW is almost unplayable without QoS. Can't play without it.

19 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

I don't use any port prio but MW is almost unplayable without QoS. Can't play without it.

Yea I think the port Prioritization is just a placebo effect for when you get a decent game, I don’t use this. Also I have stopped using netduma all together and just using RT-AX88U and the game is running like a dream, I never get the feeling I am behind any more. Even UK servers where I am based are great, where as before they were not.

18 hours ago, Sable said:

Yea I think the port Prioritization is just a placebo effect for when you get a decent game, I don’t use this. Also I have stopped using netduma all together and just using RT-AX88U and the game is running like a dream, I never get the feeling I am behind any more. Even UK servers where I am based are great, where as before they were not.

Do you play without QoS?