Shoot first die first? Come here, this is my solution

Chaiyoabc

On 3/26/2021 at 3:36 PM, davemarsden132 said:

So I have read this post, tried it all and it worked for me but I have found me a solution that is better than this and not sure if it will help anyone but thought id share. For about a year now I have been having massive issues with Shoot First Die First in Warzone.. I have tried everything to solve it, the reducing up and down speeds worked for abit but where always hit and miss. Sometime they worked, some days not.

Eventually my mate came up with a solution that has seemed to solve the problem for me.

My setup was this.. Huawai Modem from BT >> XR700 >> PC

It turns out that the QoS wasn't working correctly, thus causing LAG!.. The reason behind this was PPPoE, If you are directing your network straight to the XR700 (This also was the same on every other brand of router I tried... and trust me I tried alot!!) It would just shoot first die first.

So what I did was change the setup to this.. Huawai Modem from BT >> BT ROUTER >> XR700 >> PC

I put my XR700 IP into the BT ROUTER DMZ, This has worked a dream for me! My QoS is working spot on now and I am no longer shooting first and dying first, im able to quick spin and kill people shooting me etc! 

The only issue I had with the above was that my XR700 made a random IP up again and so the XR700 was no longer in the BT DMZ and I lagged again.. So this MUST be the FIX!!

The BT router must take the PPPoE and settle it before sending it out to the XR700 or what not... Btw i am no way in any shape or form and internet wiz.. Just thought id share what worked for me! 

Try it out if poss

If your already setup as above then sorry to not be able to help! 

I will try your setup in the next day and report back how it worked out for me.

14 hours ago, davemarsden132 said:

How did you get on matey

I just set it up yesterday. I'm still testing and will report back.

Is Warzone still working well for you with your new setup?

So would any of this work for me with me having an ONT connected directly to the R1 Router?   I have a Netgear R6400 i can use if i'm somehow better off including it somewhere in the setup. 

R6400