Found mislocated servers? Let us know here!

Netduma Alex

@Netduma Fraser

Started using Geo-filter again but I cant find no servers for CoD MWII in the Netherlands (rarely one pop up)

Could u please relocate the Dutch servers for CoD back in the Netherlands I found a few pop up in the French Paris cluster, sometimes a few in Poland, sometimes in UK London cluster and even sometimes in Germany.

Because there is quite a lot Dutch servers that CoD is using and they make a difference for me, but not if they mixed in a cluster 500 miles away or even further away.

Btw in ping heatmap it shows me 1 server in the Netherlands could u als try to put the dots/signs for Dutch servers a little bit higher/centre of the country so when drawing a Polygon line it doesnt interfere with the surrounding servers from other countries.

Like here in the added picture 1 Dutch server is showing as a UK server In the UK  and the one in the right location as Unknown-7 there were a few more unknown that started with same ip adress in the list on the right but they couldn't give a ping (-1000ms or N/A it states)

956265269_Screenshot_20230202_131252_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.e84f94074daea695434bfbdf7b7a2088.jpg

Cheers

52 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for letting us know @Mobel, I'll speak to the team and get them to update Ping Heatmap as it needs doing again. I'll also ask that they look into the locations of the servers to make sure they're accurate.

@Netduma Liam Thank you very much,

I think its more important if the locations in Geo-filter gets redone/set in the right locations on the map because those are what we using for blocking servers.

Cheers

Hello, the ping heatmap for COD has been gradually loosing servers in the last couple of days.  This morning none are showing at all.

I tried a reboot and cloud sync but still nothing.

Thanks

I don't know how the heatmap ping mechanism works but when starting the game the servers always appear in the same place on the geofilter in any case! This "accessory" is a bit obsolete, especially if the server IPs change all the time!

34 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

I don't know how the heatmap ping mechanism works but when starting the game the servers always appear in the same place on the geofilter in any case! This "accessory" is a bit obsolete, especially if the server IPs change all the time!

Generally they do, however Geo-filter doesn't show you the ping to each of those servers. That's why we still maintain Ping Heatmap.

is there any way you guys can check to see if texas server is mislocated? i was able to connect to it last week no problem and router was working beautifully. came home from work now it cannot  connect me to any game. i play modern warfare 2019 btw. alson in ping heatmap this game is not on the list only mw2. please get back to me as i really enjoy this game and router. 

7 hours ago, Michael Carrasco said:

is there any way you guys can check to see if texas server is mislocated? i was able to connect to it last week no problem and router was working beautifully. came home from work now it cannot  connect me to any game. i play modern warfare 2019 btw. alson in ping heatmap this game is not on the list only mw2. please get back to me as i really enjoy this game and router. 

If it's busy during peak times, you may struggle to get connected to the server. We haven't changed locations in Geo-filter for this game in a little while so it won't have changed recently.

On Ping Heatmap, we only tend to keep the last two CoDs listed there given that this is where the majority of the player base is.

• 3 weeks later...

another question i have is, how reliable the detection of the geo filter is. according to it 95% of the games i am playing on peer servers which i am obviously not.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Victor-Yout said:

another question i have is, how reliable the detection of the geo filter is. according to it 95% of the games i am playing on peer servers which i am obviously not.

The servers change a lot so they can get outdated quite quickly, so I wouldn't put too much emphasis on it, most games are now server based so they'll be servers most of the time, you can check the domain usually to double check. We have done an update today though so slease resync the cloud from Geo-Filter, then reboot the router from the interface then wait 2 minutes, otherwise the changes may not be applied.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The servers change a lot so they can get outdated quite quickly, so I wouldn't put too much emphasis on it, most games are now server based so they'll be servers most of the time, you can check the domain usually to double check. We have done an update today though so slease resync the cloud from Geo-Filter, then reboot the router from the interface then wait 2 minutes, otherwise the changes may not be applied.

yeah but it shows me a peer player, not a dedicated server thats incorrect showing as peer

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, Victor-Yout said:

yeah but it shows me a peer player, not a dedicated server thats incorrect showing as peer

It's just an aesthetic issue so won't cause any problems, any you come across do pass over the IDs and we can get them corrected more quickly

On 3/7/2023 at 8:48 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

It's just an aesthetic issue so won't cause any problems, any you come across do pass over the IDs and we can get them corrected more quickly

sorry maybe i was unclear. i mean it shows me a peer id, maybe of someone in my lobby rather the actual server i am playing on.

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, Victor-Yout said:

sorry maybe i was unclear. i mean it shows me a peer id, maybe of someone in my lobby rather the actual server i am playing on.

I would think it's more likely to be a mislocated server as everyone connects through the server to you rather than direct to you. If you provide a couple of IDs like that we can double check.

On 3/9/2023 at 8:07 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I would think it's more likely to be a mislocated server as everyone connects through the server to you rather than direct to you. If you provide a couple of IDs like that we can double check.

6eacd19c490dfaff

b517e1acb454686d

e0556833f27fbec3

7e05be89a21dc3c8

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Victor-Yout said:

6eacd19c490dfaff

b517e1acb454686d

e0556833f27fbec3

7e05be89a21dc3c8

Thanks for these so I can confirm these all appear to be normal servers, I'll pass it onto the team to get them correctly classified.

b788d49f2556eff4

c8c6f3be63670f14

a6ad2ffa4a45e7ec

af2e844fcb4e1217

af2ea671cb4e1217

1258945ff5b1c5ca

1258fec9f5b1c5ca

bc17713cb45b686d

b01701ccb44f686d

a6ad2ffa4a45e7ec

some more you can check

• Administrators
On 3/15/2023 at 8:42 AM, Victor-Yout said:

b788d49f2556eff4

c8c6f3be63670f14

a6ad2ffa4a45e7ec

af2e844fcb4e1217

af2ea671cb4e1217

1258945ff5b1c5ca

1258fec9f5b1c5ca

bc17713cb45b686d

b01701ccb44f686d

a6ad2ffa4a45e7ec

some more you can check

Thanks, all servers, I'll get them correctly classified - if they're a peer and you're connecting to it as the game host 99.9% of the time it will actually be a server

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, the Singapore server is missing since this week and it creates issues with the geo filter. I usually get 40-50 ping on Singapore server and I can confirm it's not offline since I still get connected to it from time to time, but because it's missing or some other issue the game keeps ignoring the geo filter and connects me to other countries such as hong kong/shenzen, korea and japan.

screenshot.png