Support for CoD MW

ItsMrWes

Hi there, it's our first time playing cod on PC and we're trying to optimize our ping. 

Currently, the best ping we get is 85+ no matter what we do. Having the geo filter on or off doesn't seem to make a difference at the moment. When the geo filter is on, we are only able to see one server somewhat near to us and netduma shows the ping in that server around 60 ms. 

Shouldn't that mean that we should get around 60 ms in game as well? Also, is there some way to know that we are connecting to the nearest server possible in game?

We did try adjusting the Ping Assist values to 65 ms and setting it to Strict Mode, but Modern Warfare still puts us in matches with much higher ping than that. We'll post a pic of how the geo filter map looks while in game in a bit. 

We will be very grateful for any guidance on this matter. Thank you!

Added the geo filter images. The server on the right side disappears and reappears. We live in the middle of the radius that we set. Shouldn't there be more servers available?

geofilter01.JPG

geofilter03.JPG

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Kir said:

Hi there, it's our first time playing cod on PC and we're trying to optimize our ping. 

Currently, the best ping we get is 85+ no matter what we do. Having the geo filter on or off doesn't seem to make a difference at the moment. When the geo filter is on, we are only able to see one server somewhat near to us and netduma shows the ping in that server around 60 ms. 

Shouldn't that mean that we should get around 60 ms in game as well? Also, is there some way to know that we are connecting to the nearest server possible in game?

We did try adjusting the Ping Assist values to 65 ms and setting it to Strict Mode, but Modern Warfare still puts us in matches with much higher ping than that. We'll post a pic of how the geo filter map looks while in game in a bit. 

We will be very grateful for any guidance on this matter. Thank you!

Added the geo filter images. The server on the right side disappears and reappears. We live in the middle of the radius that we set. Shouldn't there be more servers available?

Hello, welcome to the forum!

The game ping includes things like processing delay in their calculation etc, all games have this but not all decide to show it. It's just part of playing games online. The 60ms on the Geo-Filter is accurate and what you should focus on as it is the direct ping to the server and the ping that you have control over. Given your Geo-Filter location that may be the lowest you can get which is still good. The closest servers to you would be Brazil or Florida (if they are active).The server on the right is an authentication server required for online play, it is NOT your game server/ping so you can ignore that.

14 hours ago, Kostas83 said:

Hi!! Any news from the last update? It is ready?

We're still working on a specific cloud update for CoD, we want to make sure we get it right.

Hi Fraser, thanks for the response.

I am only connecting to peers, never a dedicated server. Going into a lobby it says looking for game 25 m.s then it says looking for game 42 m.s . More often than not it wont even display a ping on the Duma os, but the fluctuation was being displayed on Duma os. I go into a game and get annihilated, yesterday a player got hot by my claymore did not die i shot him and hit him with an assault rifle, he turned a shot me I died immediately. I have been using the Geo Filter, making my home location middle England having the radius just over 500 Km. I am going to try the ping assist method later today, I am about to give up, I have turned off Crossplay as I noticed all the PC players were winning matches in the lobby's I was in.

I have tested my ping, my base ping using cmd on my pc is actually zero, but I used another online service and got 8 m.s my connection is graded A+ no packet loss.

3 hours ago, KevJ1 said:

Hi Fraser, thanks for the response.

I am only connecting to peers, never a dedicated server. Going into a lobby it says looking for game 25 m.s then it says looking for game 42 m.s . More often than not it wont even display a ping on the Duma os, but the fluctuation was being displayed on Duma os. I go into a game and get annihilated, yesterday a player got hot by my claymore did not die i shot him and hit him with an assault rifle, he turned a shot me I died immediately. I have been using the Geo Filter, making my home location middle England having the radius just over 500 Km. I am going to try the ping assist method later today, I am about to give up, I have turned off Crossplay as I noticed all the PC players were winning matches in the lobby's I was in.

I have tested my ping, my base ping using cmd on my pc is actually zero, but I used another online service and got 8 m.s my connection is graded A+ no packet loss.

Hi my friend!

i have the same issue. We are waiting the next update from netDuma. But the thing that you always connect to peer connection... do you have the cross play enabled or disabled? I play on PS4 and I have it disabled. When I tried with the cross play enabled then some times I connected to dedicate server in Italy. I am leaving in Greece. It seems that I infinity ward give more attention to the cross play and give there the dedicate servers. 

Hi can you explain how your software is so misinformed? as the DumaOS says its Ping is 13ms, but in game is like 320ms?

This very conflicting numbers, as its clear the DUMAOS is soo bot up to date with many games. Also this was with the geo filter on.

My Great Capture Screenshot 2019-11-04 18-51-49.png

Screenshot_2019-11-04 Geo-Filter - DumaOS.png

14 hours ago, DanyKTM said:

I dont know why, but if you read 320 it's mean 32 ms.  I've seen this on other topic

I imagine this is a UI bug in Modern Warfare, it always seems to add a zero to the end. Not sure why it's doing this but it's Infinity Ward's problem.

If you read the ping as 32ms, then it makes sense. As @Bert says, the game will factor in some processing time that the router won't.

2 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

I imagine this is a UI bug in Modern Warfare, it always seems to add a zero to the end. Not sure why it's doing this but it's Infinity Ward's problem.

If you read the ping as 32ms, then it makes sense. As @Bert says, the game will factor in some processing time that the router won't.

Alex

Any news for the update? Did you released it??

I just wanted to ask this question regarding servers

Other the past few days ive stored aloowed and enied a load of dedis and peers for cod mw

I know that many of these peers are dedis  but what i wandering do i neeed to oost tem in the thread about mislocated servers

As they might not be mislocated just the wrong info on them

I wouldn't be going by a ping that is hidden behind 2 menus. If it was any use it would be on the scoreboard like every other game! 

Probably  a rounding error that it says 320ms, they probably use integers and it is the raw data not being converted to a float in the display string!?

Hello, do not know what changed but my in game nat type is strict for modern warfare and my xbox nat type is open, i have all the port forward rules im supposed to have.  i tried upnp on and off. i tried turning to geo filter off then restarting my box, by doing this my in game nat type switch from strict to moderate but i can not get it to say open in game. thanks in advanced

On 11/10/2019 at 11:24 AM, TODDzillaInLA said:

Hello, do not know what changed but my in game nat type is strict for modern warfare and my xbox nat type is open, i have all the port forward rules im supposed to have.  i tried upnp on and off. i tried turning to geo filter off then restarting my box, by doing this my in game nat type switch from strict to moderate but i can not get it to say open in game. thanks in advanced

With the Geo-Filter in Filtering Mode, sometimes the server that is used to check NAT type ends up being blocked. This isn't usually a problem, the word Strict appearing is just cosmetic in this case.

Make sure that you've forwarded all of the ports listed here: https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Ports-Used-for-Call-of-Duty-Games

Hi guys

i want to report a strange issue... I am not really sure that is a really issue... before some days I had the feeling that I have latency during the game. I had ver poor hit detection. I did a reset on the router and after that everything it was perfect!! From yesterday I have again the same feeling. I don’t get good hit detection on the game... do you have any ideas about that? There is something wrong with the router or is just on my mind? I play on PS4. I have QoS, anti Bufferbloat and geofilter active. There in any chance the QoS not work properly? There is any way to confirm that is ok?

P.S: Any news with the cloud update??

best regards!!

8 hours ago, Kostas83 said:

Hi guys

i want to report a strange issue... I am not really sure that is a really issue... before some days I had the feeling that I have latency during the game. I had ver poor hit detection. I did a reset on the router and after that everything it was perfect!! From yesterday I have again the same feeling. I don’t get good hit detection on the game... do you have any ideas about that? There is something wrong with the router or is just on my mind? I play on PS4. I have QoS, anti Bufferbloat and geofilter active. There in any chance the QoS not work properly? There is any way to confirm that is ok?

best regards!!

Funny you say this because MW was very rough for me. Always felt like I was a step behind.  Unplugged the duma and hooked up my Netgear that has WRT on it and bam MW has been pretty good. The other day hooked the duma back up to see and back to feeling some type of latency going on.  Went back to the Netgear and fine.    So gonna just stick with my non-duma router until they update the cloud and test it again then.

5 hours ago, PUBzZz said:

Funny you say this because MW was very rough for me. Always felt like I was a step behind.  Unplugged the duma and hooked up my Netgear that has WRT on it and bam MW has been pretty good. The other day hooked the duma back up to see and back to feeling some type of latency going on.  Went back to the Netgear and fine.    So gonna just stick with my non-duma router until they update the cloud and test it again then.

It is really strange... because I thing the cloud update it will not affect the latency... it is really peaty because we spend so much money for a powerful router and at the end this router cause problems that supposed we bought it to solve all this kind of problems... 🤔

16 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

With the Geo-Filter in Filtering Mode, sometimes the server that is used to check NAT type ends up being blocked. This isn't usually a problem, the word Strict appearing is just cosmetic in this case.

Make sure that you've forwarded all of the ports listed here: https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Ports-Used-for-Call-of-Duty-Games

If I don’t have my router port forwarded correctly I shouldn’t own a netduma 👍 I also notice after a couple games the nat type in game changes from moderate to strict 

2nd question - is there going to be any more updates for the r1 or is it done?

3rd question - your opinion is it better to downgrade back to the original software? Never had any of these issues before dumaOS

Thanks in advanced 

10 hours ago, PUBzZz said:

Seems very weird to me. If you're in spectating mode, DumaOS shouldn't have any affect on the latency of the game. If you feel that it might be, you can open the Anti-Bufferbloat side menu and tick Disable QoS. This should leave the traffic totally unmodified.

4 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

If I don’t have my router port forwarded correctly I shouldn’t own a netduma 👍 I also notice after a couple games the nat type in game changes from moderate to strict 

2nd question - is there going to be any more updates for the r1 or is it done?

3rd question - your opinion is it better to downgrade back to the original software? Never had any of these issues before dumaOS

Thanks in advanced 

1 - Most of the time UPnP will give you an acceptable NAT type. If not, port forwarding is required. This is standard practice for all routers.

2 - Yes the R1 will be receiving updates. DumaOS 3.0 will be coming to all DumaOS devices.

3 - The original software is more lightweight than DumaOS so it might be more stable and smooth on the R1 than DumaOS currently it. Remember that DumaOS on the R1 is still in beta.

20 hours ago, Kostas83 said:

Hi guys

best regards!!

Hi Alex!

can you please advise on the above message?

34 minutes ago, Kostas83 said:

Hi Alex!

can you please advise on the above message?

I don't know why the game would be responsive after a reset, and then gradually get less responsive.

One thought: Make sure that share excess is enabled on both download and upload in QoS settings.