Super Laggy But Nets Fine

MrBrutalFrosty

my home internets fine im getting my usual speeds of 20 down 5 up but the issue is when im playing cod been like this for 3 weeks its been reading 1000ping games!!! and im getting constant packet loss according to the game and im 1barring but im in my aussie lobbies whats wrong with the duma atm or is it the game? others in my party have no issue?

my home internets fine im getting my usual speeds of 20 down 5 up

https://www.dslreports.com/smokeping

Just because your speed is right doesn't make your internet fine lol If you're having ping spikes and packet loss more than likely it's a problem on your ISP's end. Bad modem, bad cables, bad line coming in, etc...

my home internets fine im getting my usual speeds of 20 down 5 up but the issue is when im playing cod been like this for 3 weeks its been reading 1000ping games!!! and im getting constant packet loss according to the game and im 1barring but im in my aussie lobbies whats wrong with the duma atm or is it the game? others in my party have no issue?

As said, speeds/bandwidth really have very little to do with it when it comes to smooth gaming.

The 1000ms ping could just be down to a 'peer ping' bug (if that's where you're looking), occasionally it freaks out.

If it's actually the connection to the host (the normal Netduma graph) then it could be a lot of things. It could be a bad cable, an unlucky lobby, your isp hub, etc.

But it's usually the line/connection from your isp.

The 1-bar you are seeing is indicative of an issue though. This suggests an extremely poor connection / high ping to the server/host. You should look into the line as soon as possible.

To find out how your line is performing just ethernet your laptop straight to your modem/hub (wifi completely disabled and nothing else connected over ethernet), run pingplotter for a little while and watch for spikes. If you don't see any spikes after 10 or 20 mins then bear in mind that you are ONLY not seeing spikes at that moment though - it doesn't mean they aren't there always. Testing at peak time is the best time to check, if it's good at peak time then it's probably good all the time.

If I find games are ever funky then I run pingplotter whilst I play, then I know if it's the server or the line (I'm confident in my equipment and setup already).

Don't worry about the packet loss 'game health' icons in-game, unless you're seeing problems in-game when they appear, they seem to be a complete nonsense most of the time. I've been seeing them a lot lately (a huge amount since the last update) and so it seems are a lot of others and yet all line tests I've run have been negative for packet loss (and I run them at the exact time that the game says I have the problem).

On top of that, they released a video showing the new maps dlc (2nd map pack), if you look on the left of the screen in their own promotional video you can see game-health icons (packet loss I think it was) most of the way through it. It would be a bizarre and enormous oversight to unintentionally release a promo video showing this, so we can only assume that it was carefully planned. Why? I don't know but it makes you wonder.

I contacted @ActviAssist about a game-health icon I was seeing, that I didn't recognise, a month or so back...

After much pushing they told me that it meant I have an unstable line.

I provided pingplotter results showing a near-perfect line taken at the same time the game said that I had a problem.

They told me I might have a bad cable to my Xbox, port on router, etc.

I swapped the cables over between the laptop and the Xbox (effectively swapping the port in use by each device too) and the results were the same, game showed icons, laptop showed no problems.

I told them I had swapped cables and ports and proved that my line is fine, and that the icons are showing in a custom match against bots, in the bots' kill-cams rather than on my screen.

They said I have an unstable line again but "it doesn't matter if it's not affecting the game". Then they wouldn't reply after that at all.

They don't listen to their customers nor do they give a shit. And their support staff are so stupid I doubt they even know which end to put food in.

I've had a lot of games where my latency to my local server would spike from 7-8ms up to 950-1000ms. Just another one of many bugs I've noticed, like it being unable to find host dots at all, allowing hosts outside of my radius with strict mode enabled and ping assist at 0ms, the GUI slowdown, and now the inability to run a network diagnostics test on any platform other than my phone...

I wouldn't pay much attention to it. You'd know if you had a full second of lag in an FPS game lol. Actually I don't think you could actually play on that since CoD "max acceptable ping" is 800ms, not that that's an acceptable value at all

On top of that, they released a video showing the new maps dlc (2nd map pack), if you look on the left of the screen in their own promotional video you can see game-health icons (packet loss I think it was) most of the way through it. It would be a bizarre and enormous oversight to unintentionally release a promo video showing this, so we can only assume that it was carefully planned. Why? I don't know but it makes you wonder.

I think it was perfectly planned for the health icon in the promo video.

I recently watched a few streamers just to see if they was getting the icons too. Out of about 10 streamers only two was not getting them, but of the two, one got it briefly. So basically 1 out of 10 was able to get perfect games. 

Which leads me to believe, they fk'd up the netcode bad with IW. 

thanks for the reply all of you and yes i would agree that the in game icons are full of shit but it really has been a issue and still is to this day in australia we have internet called NBN and mine is sadly the worst for living rural its called fixed wirless NBN if anyones curious it doesnt run throguht the adsl2 cable it goes to a dish on your house its been good for awhile but yeah 3weeks of constant issues i havent run pinpplotter as of yet but i can agree at certain times of the day it does get impacted ive changed frenquecys from the people in my street to try and stop as much interference as possible but i think i just need to move overall i appreaciate all the feedback and to the one guy that said youd know if id lag TRUST ME i know what it is haha rubber banding is the cancer of IW but thanks so much guys will look into pingplotter tonight!

https://www.dslreports.com/smokeping

Just because your speed is right doesn't make your internet fine lol If you're having ping spikes and packet loss more than likely it's a problem on your ISP's end. Bad modem, bad cables, bad line coming in, etc...

http://imgur.com/a/Nl7pXthis is my ping plotter do you know if this is normal?

As said, speeds/bandwidth really have very little to do with it when it comes to smooth gaming.

The 1000ms ping could just be down to a 'peer ping' bug (if that's where you're looking), occasionally it freaks out.

If it's actually the connection to the host (the normal Netduma graph) then it could be a lot of things. It could be a bad cable, an unlucky lobby, your isp hub, etc.

But it's usually the line/connection from your isp.

The 1-bar you are seeing is indicative of an issue though. This suggests an extremely poor connection / high ping to the server/host. You should look into the line as soon as possible.

To find out how your line is performing just ethernet your laptop straight to your modem/hub (wifi completely disabled and nothing else connected over ethernet), run pingplotter for a little while and watch for spikes. If you don't see any spikes after 10 or 20 mins then bear in mind that you are ONLY not seeing spikes at that moment though - it doesn't mean they aren't there always. Testing at peak time is the best time to check, if it's good at peak time then it's probably good all the time.

If I find games are ever funky then I run pingplotter whilst I play, then I know if it's the server or the line (I'm confident in my equipment and setup already).

Don't worry about the packet loss 'game health' icons in-game, unless you're seeing problems in-game when they appear, they seem to be a complete nonsense most of the time. I've been seeing them a lot lately (a huge amount since the last update) and so it seems are a lot of others and yet all line tests I've run have been negative for packet loss (and I run them at the exact time that the game says I have the problem).

I contacted @ActviAssist about a game-health icon I was seeing, that I didn't recognise, a month or so back...

After much pushing they told me that it meant I have an unstable line.

I provided pingplotter results showing a near-perfect line taken at the same time the game said that I had a problem.

They told me I might have a bad cable to my Xbox, port on router, etc.

I swapped the cables over between the laptop and the Xbox (effectively swapping the port in use by each device too) and the results were the same, game showed icons, laptop showed no problems.

I told them I had swapped cables and ports and proved that my line is fine, and that the icons are showing in a custom match against bots, in the bots' kill-cams rather than on my screen.

They said I have an unstable line again but "it doesn't matter if it's not affecting the game". Then they wouldn't reply after that at all.

They don't listen to their customers nor do they give a shit. And their support staff are so stupid I doubt they even know which end to put food in.

is this normal for a pingplotter replying to all http://imgur.com/a/Nl7pX

• Administrators

finally managed to work out how to put hte pic up of it i had resulted to a link haha thoguhts on this????? http://imgur.com/a/Nl7pX

It's not terrible but I wouldn't say it's great. It fluctuates very consistently by about 20ms every time which is kind of strange. Were you doing anything at the time when you ran the test? Do the same test direct to the Telstra modem/router.

It's not terrible but I wouldn't say it's great. It fluctuates very consistently by about 20ms every time which is kind of strange. Were you doing anything at the time when you ran the test? Do the same test direct to the Telstra modem/router.

That's a glitch, it's not right.

http://imgur.com/a/Nl7pXthis is my ping plotter do you know if this is normal?

No, that's not normal mate. It's a cool pattern but that's not you want to see I'm afraid.

If you're rubber-banding that's not good at all. But that graph doesn't look like my rubber-banding graph, when I was rubber-banding my graph was a whole lot worse than that.

this is my result for the home modem to my closest server on a diffrent adress http://imgur.com/a/lpBjH test was done on wifi as its 1am currently but the duma was also redone on my closest server to  http://imgur.com/a/D0r5H think its safe to claim that my home modems the issue atm