Jump to content

Netduma Fraser

Administrators
  • Posts

    87507
  • Joined

  • Days Won

    1946

Everything posted by Netduma Fraser

  1. Have a look at the internet page to see what is set there
  2. I'm not sure yet how it will be posted
  3. Good to hear, thanks for the update so far!
  4. Great to hear that, thanks for the update, you're very welcome! Sounds like you blocked an authentication server!
  5. It won't be getting DumaOS 4 which you've seen on the R3. Likely bug fixes with no new features but its unclear at the moment.
  6. Potentially yes, depends if they can get it in in time. Won't be necessary to reset. I suspect it'll be manual at first
  7. Connect back the other router then have a look in its network settings just in case, if it does then you can just mirror that in the R3 settings. Also in the mean time if you click Advanced WAN Settings from that screenshot you can skip it then complete the wizard. If you don't need the details mentioned then you could reboot the ONT, wait 2 minutes, reboot the R3, wait 4 minutes and you may get internet
  8. I believe the seal is because the router comes packaged to us and we then need to open it to apply the firmware. Do you know if you require PPPoE/VLAN/DHCP Identifiers to get internet at all?
  9. I've just been informed there were some last minute blocker issues that were caught preventing the update being released today. I realize this is frustrating but on the bright side the extra time means that we'll be able to get a few more fixes in before it releases, meaning a bigger update than if it was released today.
  10. I've just been informed there were some last minute blocker issues that were caught preventing the update being released today. I realize this is frustrating but on the bright side the extra time means that we'll be able to get a few more fixes in before it releases, meaning a bigger update than if it was released today.
  11. Not sure on the day for that but potentially
  12. Can you rename the device instead of unknown, does it show the name you've changed it to then?
  13. New firmware should be available later today so lets see if that helps at all - it could be running out of memory caused by the high CPU usage, in which case this would fix it
  14. Yes we'll continue to improve the Geo-Filter
  15. As far as I know it's still on track
  16. Make sure to disable Speed Test Bypass and disable any priorities on SmartBOOST as these can interfere with the tests. Congestion Control must be set to Always as well. I'd suggest if you really want to get into it to follow this guide while doing downloads to saturate your connection: https://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping this will simulate your connection under load much better than an online test. It's best to start with a high value for Congestion Control, say 95% then check the test, decrease by 10%, test, decrease by 10% etc, until you get to a value that is pretty good and then try 5% either side of that value to see if it can be improved. It's important to note that Download & Upload on Congestion Control don't have to be the same value and that you may have a better experience with differing values. We don't extend the return policy but it starts from the day you received it rather than when you purchased so may give you some extra days there.
  17. What speeds are you getting now and with what widths? Not sure yet but still on track for today I think
  18. Great thank you for the video, I'll update the ticket with it!
  19. Disable GeoLatency Disable PingAssist (set it to 0,0) Enable Strict Mode Disable Fast Search Then restart game or wait 10 minutes (in the lobby in the game). If that doesn't work, reboot PC/Console and it should work better then.
  20. Not specifically as it's the opposite of what people would generally want. You could try disabling UPnP/Port Forwarding/DMZ/Set NAT to Secured in WAN Settings but that's about it for settings on the XR. Introducing another router in front of the XR would help.
  21. Anything changed settings/setup wise prior to the access issue happening? The jitter issue I believe is the issue caused by the CPU which will be fixed in this next firmware (due today). Steady Ping doesn't eliminate jitter exactly, it raises your ping so that the jitter is absorbed, if you have a lot of jitter this could go above your buffer (if you're just using the simple mode and haven't accounted for it with expert), it could just be the CPU issue I mentioned. Depending on when you run Ping Optimizer it may feel 100% is fine, if you run it during peak times I suspect it will change the percentage. Those bufferbloat tests can be affected by settings on the router such as SmartBOOST priorities etc. You have 0 ping change under load so you're good for gaming.
  22. If you do the above does that not help at all?
  23. He wasn't able to connect, just to double check: ISP modem/router in modem/bridge mode or R3 in its DMZ IPv6 enabled in LAN/WAN Disable IPv6 on the ISP router just in case that's affecting it Remote support enabled on R3 Has your public IP changed? Is it just ISP modem/router > R3 or is there any other devices such as a switch, extender etc between the two?
  24. There definitely seems to be something with port 4, in LAN Settings does it show anything for port 4? I'm wondering if it's thinking port 1 is port 4 for example. If not could you just plug something into port 4 and see if it continues please?
  25. I'm just checking in with Anas to see if he has time to connect today
×
×
  • Create New...