NEW XR500 BETA FIRMWARE: 3.3.535

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, crunkjuice1 said:

Ooooooh SHIDDDD!!!!! 🎉🎉🎉👍🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

You got it, nice one! The downgrade message is just due to the way the numbering has been done, nothing to worry about!

Only thing I’m finding is ping heatmap map for halo infinite all locations are N/A ms. And in geo filter for mw2 multiplayer if I set three individual polygons and have my console filtered mode on I will not find a match unless I turn off filter mode BUT if I polygon mode the whole USA and leave console filtered I will find matches. I use ping heat map in conjunction with geo filter to make my polygon traces. If my questions are in the wrong thread please point me in the direction I can ask all my questions concerning this new to me beta firmware.

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, XR700 Owner said:

Aww that setup screen is way cooler looking than the one we got on the xr700

😕

That's because we can't have dumaweb outside of the app on the 700 unfortunately.

1 minute ago, crunkjuice1 said:

Only thing I’m finding is ping heatmap map for halo infinite all locations are N/A ms. And in geo filter for mw2 multiplayer if I set three individual polygons and have my console filtered mode on I will not find a match unless I turn off filter mode BUT if I polygon mode the whole USA and leave console filtered I will find matches. I use ping heat map in conjunction with geo filter to make my polygon traces. If my questions are in the wrong thread please point me in the direction I can ask all my questions concerning this new to me beta firmware.

I did pass that onto the team to do a heatmap update for it so should be done on Monday. Make sure you set the polygons before you have booted up the game then it should work.

This RC14 firmware performs really bad. Base latency is lower over the 134 version but I get a huge amount of latency variation playing on PC. This and it randomly disconnects me, I can barely finish 1 DMZ or WZ game without being thrown out of the game. Flashed back 134 and everything is good again.

This is with QoS disabled. See screenshot, after the last packetloss I am switching back to .134

AIS2.JPG

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, Bert said:

This RC14 firmware performs really bad. Base latency is lower over the 134 version but I get a huge amount of latency variation playing on PC. This and it randomly disconnects me, I can barely finish 1 DMZ or WZ game without being thrown out of the game. Flashed back 134 and everything is good again.

This is with QoS disabled. See screenshot, after the last packetloss I am switching back to .134

Using that interval will show bad results, what results do you get leaving it on the default?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Using that interval will show bad results, what results do you get leaving it on the default?

Sorry Fraser not going to try again.

It doesn't even let me play a game, I get disconnected all the time. The pingplotter result is simply visualizing what happens.

Both are also on the same interval so .134 should be similar if interval was the issue.

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, Bert said:

Sorry Fraser not going to try again.

It doesn't even let me play a game, I get disconnected all the time. The pingplotter result is simply visualizing what happens.

Both are also on the same interval so .134 should be similar if interval was the issue.

Did you factory reset after the update? It's a big change so may be some remnants of the previous version causing some issues

I get a ton of rubberbanding and lag spikes on my mw2 multiplayer matches. It have been dropped from games three times. I will try the reset button one more time as it’s always been annoying having to go back into the router and reconfigure everything. This was the very reason I put the xr500 away about a year ago. 

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, crunkjuice1 said:

I get a ton of rubberbanding and lag spikes on my mw2 multiplayer matches. It have been dropped from games three times. I will try the reset button one more time as it’s always been annoying having to go back into the router and reconfigure everything. This was the very reason I put the xr500 away about a year ago. 

Check the Geo-Filter ping when that happens, is it rising as well? When you get dropped look at the Geo map, is anything being blocked?

Are you using the HVPN or have you blocked some servers on the game?

I've had this problem before, but it was solved with a simple factory reset!

...10 minutes to reconfigure it to the max...

On 8/13/2023 at 3:17 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you factory reset after the update? It's a big change so may be some remnants of the previous version causing some issues

I tried updating from .134 and that seems to do the trick.

I was at a DumaOS 3 beta previously. going intermediate firmware -> RC10 -> RC14 gave issues. Maybe updating needs to be done from .134 and not from a previous beta.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Bert said:

I tried updating from .134 and that seems to do the trick.

I was at a DumaOS 3 beta previously. going intermediate firmware -> RC10 -> RC14 gave issues. Maybe updating needs to be done from .134 and not from a previous beta.

Glad you were able to get it sorted, will keep that in mind if other people have any issues.

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, Ownsin said:

Hello, what about the XR450? Why is there no update for it? Can I install the XR500 update for it? Are you guys even going to release an update for the XR450?

It is coming, being tested currently, you cannot install the 500 version on the 450.

On 8/12/2023 at 12:29 PM, Bert said:

AIS2.JPG

you back with  the oficial firmware Versión 2.3.2.134? thanks

Hi everyone,

I've been using the NextDNS service (at router level) for the past months, but I found out recently about the XR500 beta which has the adblock feature. My question is, is it redundant to run both NextDNS and DumaOS adblocker?

Also apologies for the off topic but I was kinda forced to create another account on here because I just couldn't reset my forgotten password for my original one. The email with the link never comes. Old account is this one https://forum.netduma.com/profile/10733-kris/

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, jericho246 said:

Hi everyone,

I've been using the NextDNS service (at router level) for the past months, but I found out recently about the XR500 beta which has the adblock feature. My question is, is it redundant to run both NextDNS and DumaOS adblocker?

Also apologies for the off topic but I was kinda forced to create another account on here because I just couldn't reset my forgotten password for my original one. The email with the link never comes. Old account is this one https://forum.netduma.com/profile/10733-kris/

You don't need to use both, so you can disable one or the other, whichever you would prefer to use. 

I've changed the password for the old account and PMd you with it.

======

EDIT:

Just realized that the 3.3 beta is now available to the public.  Thumbs up guys!  Will try it out now.

======

Hello,

I'm new here.  Have had an XR500 for a few years.  Unfortunately, there are now so many wireless devices in my house that the XR500 is acting up far more than it ever has mostly due to the fact that my kids are now old enough to own tablets, laptops, and even cellphones.  When I got the XR500 I only had 7 wireless devices, now I'm at 16!?! 

Would I be able to get the 3.3 Beta Firmware for my XR500 to see if it will help with performance at all?  I'm currently using firmware V2.3.2.134.  

Thanks.

10 hours ago, Varik said:

======

EDIT:

Just realized that the 3.3 beta is now available to the public.  Thumbs up guys!  Will try it out now.

======

Hello,

I'm new here.  Have had an XR500 for a few years.  Unfortunately, there are now so many wireless devices in my house that the XR500 is acting up far more than it ever has mostly due to the fact that my kids are now old enough to own tablets, laptops, and even cellphones.  When I got the XR500 I only had 7 wireless devices, now I'm at 16!?! 

Would I be able to get the 3.3 Beta Firmware for my XR500 to see if it will help with performance at all?  I'm currently using firmware V2.3.2.134.  

Thanks.

I've had my XR500 for years and my device list is now over 40. I had to switch to using an external access point to continue using the XR500 because it was dropping clients left and right. The biggest issue with using an external AP is that Device Manager is pretty much useless now. Other than that, all my devices connect and stay connected.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Varik said:

======

EDIT:

======

Hello,

Thanks.

Let us know how you get on but the quantity of devices shouldn't negatively impact it.

1 hour ago, IrishNomad said:

I've had my XR500 for years and my device list is now over 40. I had to switch to using an external access point to continue using the XR500 because it was dropping clients left and right. The biggest issue with using an external AP is that Device Manager is pretty much useless now. Other than that, all my devices connect and stay connected.

It's probably the DHCP issue, though the workaround probably isn't something you want to do 40 times but if you want to try then in LAN Setting, set the DHCP range to start at .100, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .99 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Let us know how you get on but the quantity of devices shouldn't negatively impact it.

It's probably the DHCP issue, though the workaround probably isn't something you want to do 40 times but if you want to try then in LAN Setting, set the DHCP range to start at .100, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .99 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects.

The user manual says 50-70 clients per band but I thought I remembered it being much lower, and had issues once mine went over 25. It would be great if this fixed worked but my AP is WiFi 6 and I'm not sure I want to give up that benefit. I guess I'd have to choose either WiFi 6 or working device manager?