NEW XR500 BETA FIRMWARE: 3.3.535

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, shoeprano27 said:

so i was on 134. installed  intermediary, and it changed to 235. op said dont stay on it because of errors. so i installed rc14, which didnt work. so i tried rc10, went through a new setup screen, askin gabout gaming and work propietary. i just enabled both. now the top right reads XR500 V2.3.2.134-dumaos33-rc10. im back online. am i done? did i miss anything?

Now you can go to RC14 and it will work

after testing two xr500's if you dowloaded version rc13 ! just upgrade straight to 14 and you will have zero issues. you already downgraded the intermittent file from  rc13. if you are on rc10 do what the admins & staff suggest. hopefully that saves time.

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Now you can go to RC14 and it will work

so i started noticing way too much buffering while watching a 4k (or close to it?) youtube video through an nvidia shield pro. thought it was my shield so it gave me a good reason to reformat and start brand new again. still slow. called spectrum and had them do whatever they usually with inrternet problems on their end. did a speed test and the numbers read normal like before. loaded up a youtube video and now im back at square one.  thought i tried 1 more thing before i break the cm2000 and this router into peices. going back to 234 made everything fine again.

maybe ill try what ameryjr above did during the weekend but really not sure if i want to go through it again.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, shoeprano27 said:

so i started noticing way too much buffering while watching a 4k (or close to it?) youtube video through an nvidia shield pro. thought it was my shield so it gave me a good reason to reformat and start brand new again. still slow. called spectrum and had them do whatever they usually with inrternet problems on their end. did a speed test and the numbers read normal like before. loaded up a youtube video and now im back at square one.  thought i tried 1 more thing before i break the cm2000 and this router into peices. going back to 234 made everything fine again.

maybe ill try what ameryjr above did during the weekend but really not sure if i want to go through it again.

Did you do a factory reset after updating? Most likely you just needed to refine your QoS settings 

Do you know if port forwarding and leaving upnp on can mess up ports? I've got 3074 forwarded to ps5 and upnp is also detecting it and opening at the same time. Or has port forwarding not been set up correctly?

Also when and if using qos now should you use gaming and voice or normal?

• Administrators
7 hours ago, l2eactionz said:

Do you know if port forwarding and leaving upnp on can mess up ports? I've got 3074 forwarded to ps5 and upnp is also detecting it and opening at the same time. Or has port forwarding not been set up correctly?

Also when and if using qos now should you use gaming and voice or normal?

If both are enabled then port conflicts could occur yes but in reality I've not seen anyone encounter issues.

Normal is for ethernet connected devices and Gaming/Voice you can use for WiFi.

After setting up a vpn if the router is switched off and on again the hybrid vpn page never reloads you are left with ot constantly loading and then the rapp is not loaded yet. 

Have to then factory reset which isn't straight forward on this firmware as you get dumaos app not running and the initial setup sometimes never happens.

Are you aware of this?

• Administrators
3 hours ago, l2eactionz said:

After setting up a vpn if the router is switched off and on again the hybrid vpn page never reloads you are left with ot constantly loading and then the rapp is not loaded yet. 

Have to then factory reset which isn't straight forward on this firmware as you get dumaos app not running and the initial setup sometimes never happens.

Are you aware of this?

Yes that has been brought up before so we'll be looking into it.

hi im having issues with my xr500 running beta rc14. it has been running fine for weeks but now i cant enter duma os interface. DumaOS is not running. i have tried to reset the router to factory settings with no luck. i get the setup window and when i am done with the setup same issue. reboot is also not helping.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, xzyther said:

hi im having issues with my xr500 running beta rc14. it has been running fine for weeks but now i cant enter duma os interface. DumaOS is not running. i have tried to reset the router to factory settings with no luck. i get the setup window and when i am done with the setup same issue. reboot is also not helping.

Unplug the router from power for 10 minutes, plug in, then wait 4 minutes before accessing. If you have the interface tab open close it before doing it, then see if it works after that.

Welcome!

I just purchased the XR500 and it is amazing! It is thanks to your system that it takes wings and is very good compared to the competition. I would like to ask if I can get the latest beta version 3.3 as I remember?

Greetings from Poland and I apologize for the grammar but despite 30 years on my neck I started to learn the language in a language school. :)

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, MultiPhantom said:

Welcome!

I just purchased the XR500 and it is amazing! It is thanks to your system that it takes wings and is very good compared to the competition. I would like to ask if I can get the latest beta version 3.3 as I remember?

Greetings from Poland and I apologize for the grammar but despite 30 years on my neck I started to learn the language in a language school. :)

Well done on learning a new language, it's a difficult thing to do! You can find it in the first post of this topic.

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/51611-new-xr500-beta-firmware-33535/

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Well done on learning a new language, it's a difficult thing to do! You can find it in the first post of this topic.

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/51611-new-xr500-beta-firmware-33535/

Forgive me for my mistake. I was generally suggesting information from the Netgear website and posts there instead of going straight to this forum.... Of course, after using it I will write a mini review on how it performs. Greetings! :)

On 8/7/2023 at 3:57 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Keep us posted! It is something we have let them know multiple times, there is not much else we can do from our end so hopefully!

Just got a xr1000 hoping that it gets the 3.3 firmware soon I love using my xr1000 and xr500 but mainly now my xr1000!

Welcome! Everything worked out and works really great, but I have a question. I try to change the language to my native one (PL) and it displays an error, on the other hand when I want to change to, for example, German it switches without any problem. Is there any advice for this? Greetings :)

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, MultiPhantom said:

Welcome! Everything worked out and works really great, but I have a question. I try to change the language to my native one (PL) and it displays an error, on the other hand when I want to change to, for example, German it switches without any problem. Is there any advice for this? Greetings :)

What is the error you're getting exactly?

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the error you're getting exactly?

"Unable to Change Display Language

Your router's display language could not be changed. Please ensure you have are online with a working Internet connection and retry.

If the problem continues, contact NETGEAR Technical Support."

Of course, this happened on the latest firmware from the Netgear website, and this latest RC14 (I reset the router from settings after each update). :)

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, MultiPhantom said:

"Unable to Change Display Language

Your router's display language could not be changed. Please ensure you have are online with a working Internet connection and retry.

If the problem continues, contact NETGEAR Technical Support."

Of course, this happened on the latest firmware from the Netgear website, and this latest RC14 (I reset the router from settings after each update). :)

Give the router a reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then try again please

On 10/24/2023 at 10:19 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Give the router a reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then try again please

Should I use my xr1000 only right now or should I use my xr500 and use xr1000 in ap mode? Which would be best until new firmwares come?