NEW XR500 BETA FIRMWARE: 3.3.535

1 hour ago, ryekye said:

Should I use my xr1000 only right now or should I use my xr500 and use xr1000 in ap mode? Which would be best until new firmwares come?

Plus since beta for xr500 is 3.3 and latest xr1000 is 3.1 which one is better till xr1000 gets 3.3

• Administrators
On 10/25/2023 at 10:29 AM, MultiPhantom said:

Unfortunately, it didn't help (I tried with different intervals of change attempts) 😕

PS. I'm only writing back now because I'm actually sick and so as strength I have I go and act with the theme.. :)

I'll pass it on to the team to have a look at.

23 hours ago, ryekye said:

Should I use my xr1000 only right now or should I use my xr500 and use xr1000 in ap mode? Which would be best until new firmwares come?

21 hours ago, ryekye said:

Plus since beta for xr500 is 3.3 and latest xr1000 is 3.1 which one is better till xr1000 gets 3.3

Entirely up to you really, if you want to use 3.3 then best to have the 500 as the main router with the AX WiFi of the 1000 in AP mode.

17 hours ago, DroneMan said:

Getting time outs all over the place now. QOS completely broken. It's taken a few months but the issue is back again. 

I think upgrading using TFTP would probably help you as it bypasses the boot process. https://kb.netgear.com/000059633/How-do-I-upload-firmware-to-my-NETGEAR-router-using-a-TFTP-client-on-Microsoft-Windows you could use nmrpflash instead which people seem to have more success with. You may need to downgrade firmware to a much older one so you can enable telnet. Once you've upgraded via TFTP you can factory reset and it should be smoother from then on.

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'll pass it on to the team to have a look at.

Entirely up to you really, if you want to use 3.3 then best to have the 500 as the main router with the AX WiFi of the 1000 in AP mode.

I think upgrading using TFTP would probably help you as it bypasses the boot process. https://kb.netgear.com/000059633/How-do-I-upload-firmware-to-my-NETGEAR-router-using-a-TFTP-client-on-Microsoft-Windows you could use nmrpflash instead which people seem to have more success with. You may need to downgrade firmware to a much older one so you can enable telnet. Once you've upgraded via TFTP you can factory reset and it should be smoother from then on.

Well so far the xr1000 feels pretty good but which one is more up to date firmware wise? The xr1000 is awesome I love it's potential but I'm waiting on dumaos 3.3 for it!

• Administrators
12 hours ago, ryekye said:

Well so far the xr1000 feels pretty good but which one is more up to date firmware wise? The xr1000 is awesome I love it's potential but I'm waiting on dumaos 3.3 for it!

The XR500 as it has 3.3

Hi,

I've successfully upgraded my XR500 to this firmware version following all the steps.  I've performed factory reset.  I have an issue.  My Sony TV  (running Android) streaming has been really poor since I upgraded - it buffers BBC iPlayer - sometimes it doesn't even load the app or gets stuck signing in and displays an error.  Same with other streaming apps like Netflix on the TV.  Netflix would load and I could browse the library but it wouldn't stream.  I tried many different features on and off - it's network is wired and connected directly to the XR500.  I also tried Wifi and the same result.  I found the problem is Adblocker.  I disable Adblocker - reload iPlayer and it can stream UHD content I can see 20Mbps download in the network monitor - you can see video quality is great and no buffering.  Turn Adblocker back on again and network monitor shows it starts to drop down to 1-2Mbps and starts dropping the video quality and buffering again.  Disable Adblocker and it's back to normal again after reloading the app.  It's not QoS.  I tried that on and off.  It's definitely Adblocker.  I noticed a couple of Tracker domains blocked which I whitelisted - but it doesn't seem to help.  It just seems to reduce the available bandwidth when it's streaming video.  Hope it helps some people and you're able to look into a fix because I really did like Adblocker when I was browsing web sites - it definitely helped reduce the ads on some of the sites.

Cheers.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Jon R said:

Hi,

I've successfully upgraded my XR500 to this firmware version following all the steps.  I've performed factory reset.  I have an issue.  My Sony TV  (running Android) streaming has been really poor since I upgraded - it buffers BBC iPlayer - sometimes it doesn't even load the app or gets stuck signing in and displays an error.  Same with other streaming apps like Netflix on the TV.  Netflix would load and I could browse the library but it wouldn't stream.  I tried many different features on and off - it's network is wired and connected directly to the XR500.  I also tried Wifi and the same result.  I found the problem is Adblocker.  I disable Adblocker - reload iPlayer and it can stream UHD content I can see 20Mbps download in the network monitor - you can see video quality is great and no buffering.  Turn Adblocker back on again and network monitor shows it starts to drop down to 1-2Mbps and starts dropping the video quality and buffering again.  Disable Adblocker and it's back to normal again after reloading the app.  It's not QoS.  I tried that on and off.  It's definitely Adblocker.  I noticed a couple of Tracker domains blocked which I whitelisted - but it doesn't seem to help.  It just seems to reduce the available bandwidth when it's streaming video.  Hope it helps some people and you're able to look into a fix because I really did like Adblocker when I was browsing web sites - it definitely helped reduce the ads on some of the sites.

Cheers.

This is the list of domains the router uses to block: https://netduma.com/adblocker-lists/default-list.txt you can use Ctrl + F on the keyboard then enter Netflix or BBC to find the domains so you can then add them to the whitelist, that way it should work and you can keep it enabled. Otherwise it should show what is blocked at the time so you can then whitelist them from there - may take a few tries.

Thanks for the speedy reply.  That list you provided is helpful.  The domain I saw blocked and tried to whitelist was 

a1.api.bbc.co.uk

It didn't seem to help on its own.  I also tried disabling the Tracker blacklist entirely but keeping Ads blacklist enabled and that didn't seem to help either.  I didn't see any other blocks show up on the TV.  I will try some of the other domains you suggested but perhaps your blacklist is a bit too aggressive as it stands if that's what's causing the issue.  What would be really nice is if I can disable Adblocker for a specific device - that way my TV could work without blocking but my laptop or phone which I haven't noticed any streaming issues on could still block the ads.

Cheers

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Jon R said:

Thanks for the speedy reply.  That list you provided is helpful.  The domain I saw blocked and tried to whitelist was 

a1.api.bbc.co.uk

It didn't seem to help on its own.  I also tried disabling the Tracker blacklist entirely but keeping Ads blacklist enabled and that didn't seem to help either.  I didn't see any other blocks show up on the TV.  I will try some of the other domains you suggested but perhaps your blacklist is a bit too aggressive as it stands if that's what's causing the issue.  What would be really nice is if I can disable Adblocker for a specific device - that way my TV could work without blocking but my laptop or phone which I haven't noticed any streaming issues on could still block the ads.

Cheers

You can actually disable it for a specific device, on the page where you see your devices listed, click the pause (I I) button next to the device and then you can click the disable button.

Hello @Netduma Fraser I would appreciate some assistance. 

I have enabled the geo filter for multiple devices. I included my brother's PC, for Call of Duty. Is it possible that it could be causing issues with matchmaking in OTHER multiplayer games? Like not being able to join certain servers? Or does the Call of Duty geo filter profile only affect COD?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Kris said:

I have enabled the geo filter for multiple devices. I included my brother's PC, for Call of Duty. Is it possible that it could be causing issues with matchmaking in OTHER multiplayer games? Like not being able to join certain servers? Or does the Call of Duty geo filter profile only affect COD?

Thanks!

@Netduma Fraser i need help finding the beta version for the xr500 beta firmware 3.3

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Kris said:

Thanks!

Yes that could be a possibility, best to disable if you're going to play another game 

2 hours ago, Brandon Harmon said:

@Netduma Fraser i need help finding the beta version for the xr500 beta firmware 3.3

It's the first post of this topic you're posting in.