NEW XR500 BETA FIRMWARE: 3.3.535

• Administrators
5 hours ago, BlodyOldMan said:

I have directly connected fiber internet and no modem or CGNAT between router and ISP and I also have a public IP.

Are you using an ONT or is it plugged directly into the wall? 

24 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I just pinged your public IP and I did not get any response so I think it has worked!

I have solved it already by checking in box apply and then unchecking  box apply. but this bug is for everyone using this router and i just wanna mention it to you. and than it is up to you to fix it. and i as beta tester i did my job from my side and if i finding more bugs i will reporting to you. thanks for your time reading my posts.

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, BlodyOldMan said:

I have solved it already by checking in box apply and then unchecking  box apply. but this bug is for everyone using this router and i just wanna mention it to you. and than it is up to you to fix it. and i as beta tester i did my job from my side and if i finding more bugs i will reporting to you. thanks for your time reading my posts.

Thanks for letting us know, it's one for Netgear to resolve so I'll pass it on to them.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Matthew_D said:

@Netduma Fraser can you use a vpn on a  netgear nighthawk xr500? or would you stick with the r2 because of the smart interface ? but im not getting the speed that i have is there a reason why?

You can use HybridVPN on the 500 yes, it's entirely up to you which you want to use. You won't get full speeds when applying the VPN to the whole device, if you use the Hybrid aspects to just apply it to the specific service/application/ports you want then the rest of the device can use the normal connection at full speed.

1 hour ago, Comp0za said:

does my router responds on ping on default?

I think that option is enabled by default yes

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Midvintertid said:

Hi!

When firmware goes official. Could we download the firmware from Netgear and flash it directly or should we use TFTP client?

You could upgrade it directly, no need to TFTP

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Midvintertid said:

I downloaded the beta firmware. When I try to connect it says. "

DumaOS is loading...

This could take up to four minutes. Please wait."

You may need to clear your browser cache/cookies, did you do the intermediary firmware first?

The amount of reboots, resets and random freezing I get with my XR500 I have actually added a 2nd dual wan router to bypass it when its down so i can muck about with it without cutting my family off from the internet for hours. That's on top of adding another router for the pppoe connection that hasn't worked properly for years. Dumaos has turned my home network into entry level enterprise lol

Thx Fraser. Gonna try it tomorrow. Just went back to original firmware so I could do it the right way. Do u think Netgear will fix the DHCP issue? I keep my network in the (2 - 49) ip adress range until we got a fix. ☺️

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Midvintertid said:

Thx Fraser. Gonna try it tomorrow. Just went back to original firmware so I could do it the right way. Do u think Netgear will fix the DHCP issue? I keep my network in the (2 - 49) ip adress range until we got a fix. ☺️

Keep us posted! It is something we have let them know multiple times, there is not much else we can do from our end so hopefully!