NEW XR500 BETA FIRMWARE: 3.3.535

On 7/24/2023 at 8:07 AM, Netduma Lew said:

Hey XR500 users!

To coincide with the XR700’s Early Access release of DumaOS 3.3, we’re happy to announce that the 3.3.535 firmware for the XR500 has entered Open Beta stage.

This build is expected to go through NETGEAR’s QA process and eventually become an official release for the XR500, but in the meantime you’re free to use this as a beta firmware.

3.3.535 adds support for the new DumaOS For Mobile - a flexible view that works in virtually any viewport, with massively improved response times and speed. This is best experienced via the DumaOS app which, as of this firmware, fully integrates the webview format for any platform that supports it. 

---

NOTE: This step must be completed first prior to upgrading to the latest firmware.

However, due to an firmware size limit with stock firmware, there is an important one-off step you need to take before moving over to the latest firmware.

Please download the below intermediary firmware, and upgrade your XR500 to it first:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hpeb2w2m4mvmv3q/INTERMEDIARY_FIRMWARE.img?dl=0 

It’s important that you DON’T keep your XR500 on this intermediary firmware - there are known issues with it. 

In case you're not sure how to get to the upgrade screen, this video from YourSixStudios does a good job explaining:

Once that’s done, you can go ahead and install the latest firmware which can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n5nk0fxkhzosvp2/XR500-V2.3.2.134-dumaos33-rc14.img?dl=0 

This firmware also contains multiple fixes and improvements to DumaOS and we’re confident in it as a candidate for NETGEAR to release fully for the XR500. All of us here hope you enjoy using it.

If you are having trouble upgrading/get incorrect firmware file when upgrading to the firmware from the intermediary firmware:

Upgrade to this version:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/mb7hztmwpxnpz2i/XR500-V2.3.2.134-dumaos33-rc10.img?dl=0 then upgrade to the latest.

I don't want to go through the hell others have gone through trying to install this Beta.

So just to be clear, what do I install first if I'm currently on V2.2.3.2.134?

Your last sentence is making me think we can go from V2.2.3.2.134 directly to Beta without installing intermediary firmware?

Thanks.

• Administrators
On 11/22/2023 at 7:43 AM, warriorj said:

I don't want to go through the hell others have gone through trying to install this Beta.

So just to be clear, what do I install first if I'm currently on V2.2.3.2.134?

Your last sentence is making me think we can go from V2.2.3.2.134 directly to Beta without installing intermediary firmware?

Thanks.

.134 > Intermediary firmware > RC14 

If for some reason you can't upgrade to RC14 from the intermediary firmware then update to RC10, then after that upgrade to RC14

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

.134 > Intermediary firmware > RC14 

If for some reason you can't upgrade to RC14 from the intermediary firmware then update to RC10, then after that upgrade to RC14

Ok thanks brother! I'll give it a shot.

FYI, on a side not I'm looking for the next best router with DumaOS and 2.5Gb ports but I don't see 2.5 available on your latest XR1000. Am I correct on this? Should I start a different thread? I'm just rushing around for Black Friday sales.

Thanks Duma team!

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, warriorj said:

Ok thanks brother! I'll give it a shot.

FYI, on a side not I'm looking for the next best router with DumaOS and 2.5Gb ports but I don't see 2.5 available on your latest XR1000. Am I correct on this? Should I start a different thread? I'm just rushing around for Black Friday sales.

Thanks Duma team!

That's correct, no DumaOS routers currently have ports higher than 1Gbps

Hi! I cannot set the QOS setting in the last released update of xr500. When I test, the ping is constantly high. I use fibre internet, I have 100 mbps download 30 mbps upload speed. Do you have a suggestion about this? 

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

Hi! I cannot set the QOS setting in the last released update of xr500. When I test, the ping is constantly high. I use fibre internet, I have 100 mbps download 30 mbps upload speed. Do you have a suggestion about this? 

Can you provide a screenshot of the interface please?

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

pimk2.png

That is the QoS page, experiment with the percentages to get the best results, 70% doesn't work for everyone. Traffic Prioritization can also interfere with the tests so disable that while trying.

Hello! I currently use the XR500 router. I have tried both pureVPN and HMA in the HybridVPN section. Neither want to connect. I have decided to manually input the expressVPN OpenVPN file given to me. It now says connected after inputting everything. When I search my IP address and location, my actual location still appears on google. Can someone help me with this? I have been stuck for days trying to figure out why the VPN won't properly work once connected.

1 hour ago, Triggzyyy said:

Hello! I currently use the XR500 router. I have tried both pureVPN and HMA in the HybridVPN section. Neither want to connect. I have decided to manually input the expressVPN OpenVPN file given to me. It now says connected after inputting everything. When I search my IP address and location, my actual location still appears on google. Can someone help me with this? I have been stuck for days trying to figure out why the VPN won't properly work once connected.

Have you tried asking the vpn companies for the line code specifically for their service that you need to type into the router vpn section? Back when I used this I was also lost like this until I inputted the correct line information.

• Administrators
On 11/27/2023 at 4:15 AM, Triggzyyy said:

It doesn't apply to the entire router you have to add devices on the right hand side for it to apply to, have you done this? If so how did you add them exactly?

On 11/26/2023 at 11:31 PM, crunkjuice1 said:

Have you tried asking the vpn companies for the line code specifically for their service that you need to type into the router vpn section? Back when I used this I was also lost like this until I inputted the correct line information.

Hi! What do you mean by router vpn section? Do you mean the Hybrid VPN itself? I have inputted the OpenVPN config code into the advanced section in the hybrid section, along with my username and password. I have tried both advanced tab with PureVPN and Express VPN. It will say connected and then nothing seems to change for location/IP wise.

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It doesn't apply to the entire router you have to add devices on the right hand side for it to apply to, have you done this? If so how did you add them exactly?

It doesn't? I thought it did tbh. When I got it working 2ish years ago I didn't have to add devices for it to work. 

As of recently, when I add my "gaming PC" and hit "only VPN these services", it does absolutely nothing in google or anything. My IP and location do not change at all. Do I need specific ports for it to be operating on my gaming PC? I am also hardwired on that PC so I have a direct connection from the router. 

1 hour ago, Triggzyyy said:

Hi! What do you mean by router vpn section? Do you mean the Hybrid VPN itself? I have inputted the OpenVPN config code into the advanced section in the hybrid section, along with my username and password. I have tried both advanced tab with PureVPN and Express VPN. It will say connected and then nothing seems to change for location/IP wise.

Yes within the hybrid vpn section. I used PIA VPN and it was copy paste plus login credentials for it to work. 

Watch this video 

might help you find something you’re overlooking. Setup might be similar with your VPN client. One thing that caught my eye was VPN company has its own DNS Servers. Might want to look into that. 

another thing is in second video for that specific service there’s two different download TCP or UDP file. I believe this is where I was stuck. I kept getting the wrong credentials. 

if it hasn’t been done already maybe NETDUMA should make a YouTube video on their channel as a tutorial specifically for DumaOS.

Good luck! ✌🏽

mods I fully understand if video is taken down I meant no harm and I am not promoting a specific service over another. 🖖🏾

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Triggzyyy said:

It doesn't? I thought it did tbh. When I got it working 2ish years ago I didn't have to add devices for it to work. 

As of recently, when I add my "gaming PC" and hit "only VPN these services", it does absolutely nothing in google or anything. My IP and location do not change at all. Do I need specific ports for it to be operating on my gaming PC? I am also hardwired on that PC so I have a direct connection from the router. 

You would have had to, it never applied to the entire router.

You'll need to use Do NOT VPN these services, then it will apply to your entire PC.

XR500. I upgraded and everything was great, but now one day later I cannot access the hybrid vpn page.

I increased Rapp retry attempts to 5.

I rebooted from dashboard and waited 2 minutes. 

Neither one of these worked. 

I do not want to factory reset because I have just reconnected the dozens of devices on my wifi and named them accordingly. 

Every other page works. Installed Rapps shows hybrid vpn size as 0. It's the only one that shows a size of 0.

Please assist. Hyrbid vpn is why I bought this router. Thank you.

Edit:

According to this, I'm screwed?

Is this going to be fixed? Appears to be a known bug for sometime.

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, TheSkyscraper said:

XR500. I upgraded and everything was great, but now one day later I cannot access the hybrid vpn page.

I increased Rapp retry attempts to 5.

I rebooted from dashboard and waited 2 minutes. 

Neither one of these worked. 

I do not want to factory reset because I have just reconnected the dozens of devices on my wifi and named them accordingly. 

Every other page works. Installed Rapps shows hybrid vpn size as 0. It's the only one that shows a size of 0.

Please assist. Hyrbid vpn is why I bought this router. Thank you.

Edit:

According to this, I'm screwed?

Is this going to be fixed? Appears to be a known bug for sometime.

I replied to your topic but yes you will need to factory reset unfortunately, it will get fixed

• Administrators
On 12/6/2023 at 4:15 AM, fokeiro said:

Either R10 or R13 they both i get the white screen or  Dumas Os not running. Can only get it to work on intermediate firmware. Anyone had this issue before ?

Do not stay on the intermediate firmware, that has a lot of issues, upgrade to RC14 which is the one in this topic, after 5 minutes or so perform a factory reset so no remnants from previous versions cause problems. Wait 4 minutes or so then access. Close the interface tab when you've done these things, trying to access it too early may impact its ability to load.