NEW XR500 BETA FIRMWARE: 3.3.535

In this case, you will have to manage a network card on your PC or other to keep access to its administration page, the subnet will simply allow you to have faster access to the interface!

If I understood correctly your peripherals behind your AP in wifi, are not recognized (noname) automatically on device manger but they are listed on the DHCP of the XR500?

You have to restart them so that the netbios is recognized...

22 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

In this case, you will have to manage a network card on your PC or other to keep access to its administration page, the subnet will simply allow you to have faster access to the interface!

If I understood correctly your peripherals behind your AP in wifi, are not recognized (noname) automatically on device manger but they are listed on the DHCP of the XR500?

You have to restart them so that the netbios is recognized...

Okay so I changed the XR to a .22 subnet and the AP to a .23. And yes, everything was connected to the AP and being given IPs from the XR but just not showing correctly under Device Manager. Now after the changes, I need to restart each device? I have over 40.. Would rebooting the XR accomplish the same thing or no?

1 minute ago, Fuzy said:

it stings...40... Do the test with a "listed" MAC or netbios device first!

I've ran a scan with the Fing app on my phone and it detects everything just fine. Yes 40 devices is why I had to switch to an external AP. Just too many for the XR to handle and I was dropping connections constantly.

Hi. I am on the beta 3.3.368 (R13?). To update to 3.3.535, do I still follow the same steps outlined in the first post?

When I check for new firmware in the firmware update section, it doesn't detect any new version.

12 hours ago, Vinny1001 said:

Hi. I am on the beta 3.3.368 (R13?). To update to 3.3.535, do I still follow the same steps outlined in the first post?

When I check for new firmware in the firmware update section, it doesn't detect any new version.

To update to R14, you can just download the new firmware from the Dropbox link and upload it from the DumaOS update page. Checking for new firmware only checks with Netgear servers I believe, not Netduma.

10 hours ago, IrishNomad said:

To update to R14, you can just download the new firmware from the Dropbox link and upload it from the DumaOS update page. Checking for new firmware only checks with Netgear servers I believe, not Netduma.

EDIT:

I went for it and installed the intermediary then the latest, gave an error. I installed the last link (R10), then to R14, and it worked. Thank you!

Original:

Understood. To clarify, I should still follow the steps outlined in the OP? I had no issues installing the closed beta firmware R13. Just making sure I'm following the right steps from closed beta R13 -> R14 open beta version.

Intermediary firmware first.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hpeb2w2m4mvmv3q/INTERMEDIARY_FIRMWARE.img?dl=0 

Then the latest firmware.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n5nk0fxkhzosvp2/XR500-V2.3.2.134-dumaos33-rc14.img?dl=0 

If issues, use that last link in the OP. Right?

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, quadrophenic said:

Aside from the issue of connection benchmark still not able to show my full speeds there is a visual glitch on the speed test graph. 

Download is set as 1gbps but half way it also shows 1

Thanks for the report, I'll make a ticket!

5 hours ago, quadrophenic said:

Aside from the issue of connection benchmark still not able to show my full speeds there is a visual glitch on the speed test graph. 

Download is set as 1gbps but half way it also shows 1

image.png.fa3da4ce457c29fc750c7f1df01303d0.png

Hi ! This is purely graphical, setting the max DL speed to 950 Mbps is the max hardware speed on an RJ45 port!

44 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

Hi ! This is purely graphical, setting the max DL speed to 950 Mbps is the max hardware speed on an RJ45 port!

RJ45 is not the limiting factor in speed, it's either the cable being used or the hardware of the device.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Sidz_gaming said:

Is the DHCP dropping internet fixed yet or will it ever be fixed,

This beta is just our changes, the DHCP issue is one for NG to fix and is something we've passed on numerous times. Do you know the workaround that should prevent the issue happening?

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

This beta is just our changes, the DHCP issue is one for NG to fix and is something we've passed on numerous times. Do you know the workaround that should prevent the issue happening?

Okay, yeah the reserve all the ip address from .2 to .49 and set the automatic to 50 onwards 

that definitely helps but not stopped completely, 

I might buy a XR1000, is there a duma os 3.3 out for that yet under beta, also guessing the xr1000 does not have the DHCP issue

On 7/30/2023 at 2:22 AM, IrishNomad said:

RJ45 is not the limiting factor in speed, it's either the cable being used or the hardware of the device.

Hi !

You will never get more than 950Mbps on a throughput test with a 1Gbps ethernet card or the test is truncated. It may also be limited depending on the CPU of your device used for the test.

Regarding the dumaOS Benchmark Test, the lower speeds given compared to that of your ISP connection are due to the test server which is either not optimized, or is degraded due to your ISP's peering.

The best solution to connect the different variables of its IP connection remains the Iperf tools...

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You have access, you can download it from the first post in this topic

Thanks, i missed DumaOS3.3 at the end of file name: XR500-V2.3.2.134-dumaos33-rc14 and thought it was the latest version in Netgear website download page, sorry my bad.

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, BlodyOldMan said:

Thanks, i missed DumaOS3.3 at the end of file name: XR500-V2.3.2.134-dumaos33-rc14 and thought it was the latest version in Netgear website download page, sorry my bad.

No worries, it can be a bit confusing with the names!

finded a bug at least after all steps and reset to factory via reset botton and did a port scanner test on grc.com router as default gets pinged from internet even with ping to wan option is unchecked and i think need to fix.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, BlodyOldMan said:

finded a bug at least after all steps and reset to factory via reset botton and did a port scanner test on grc.com router as default gets pinged from internet even with ping to wan option is unchecked and i think need to fix.

Can you explain the actual test you did/provide a screenshot?

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you explain the actual test you did/provide a screenshot?

On fresh install of new firmware, router as default responds to ping as you see in image XR500-0 it is unchecked but still responds to ping see image XR500-1-2.

XR500-0.png

XR500-1.png

XR500-2.png

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, BlodyOldMan said:

On fresh install of new firmware, router as default responds to ping as you see in image XR500-0 it is unchecked but still responds to ping see image XR500-1-2.

What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to and how is that setup?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to and how is that setup?

I have directly connected fiber internet and no modem or CGNAT between router and ISP and I also have a public IP.