NEW XR500 BETA FIRMWARE: 3.3.535

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, IrishNomad said:

The user manual says 50-70 clients per band but I thought I remembered it being much lower, and had issues once mine went over 25. It would be great if this fixed worked but my AP is WiFi 6 and I'm not sure I want to give up that benefit. I guess I'd have to choose either WiFi 6 or working device manager?

You should still see devices connected to the AP on the Device Manager as though they were connected to the XR, they may appear offline but should still work with QoS

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You should still see devices connected to the AP on the Device Manager as though they were connected to the XR, they may appear offline but should still work with QoS

That is correct, they still show on Device Manager, although constantly switching between online and offline. And most are not identifying correctly as when connected directly to the XR's wireless and show as Null. In order to see what devices I need to adjust QoS settings for, I have to access my AP's GUI, find the device and it's IP address, and then go back to the XR and search for that IP.

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, IrishNomad said:

That is correct, they still show on Device Manager, although constantly switching between online and offline. And most are not identifying correctly as when connected directly to the XR's wireless and show as Null. In order to see what devices I need to adjust QoS settings for, I have to access my AP's GUI, find the device and it's IP address, and then go back to the XR and search for that IP.

Ah I can see how that would be a frustrating process, I'm not sure if there is much we can do to improve it but I will speak to the team about it

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, marki3d said:

How do go back to the regular firmware? Can't access the Dashboard!

Are you definitely on the RC14 version? It doesn't look like you've factory reset which I would recommend as it's a big change, you should then be able to access properly.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you definitely on the RC14 version? It doesn't look like you've factory reset which I would recommend as it's a big change, you should then be able to access properly.

How do I factory reset it. I press the reset button but still loading the old one and stuck at DUMAOs loading 

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, marki3d said:

How do I factory reset it. I press the reset button but still loading the old one and stuck at DUMAOs loading 

Factory reset keeps the current firmware, hold the reset button for 30 seconds, then wait 2 minutes before accessing the interface

Hi,

Is it normal that it says "inactive" for my Xbox, even when it's on and I'm in-game? As you can see on the screenshot, gaming activity is detected however the Xbox is seen as inactive. 

Screenshot_2023-08-30-12-47-50-11_761b0cdd57abd3e0de11ef17aa980e80.jpg

• Administrators
On 8/30/2023 at 11:52 AM, Kris said:

Hi,

Is it normal that it says "inactive" for my Xbox, even when it's on and I'm in-game? As you can see on the screenshot, gaming activity is detected however the Xbox is seen as inactive. 

It shouldn't, by any chance did you leave your console in an instant on/standby mode then turn it on to play at a later time/day?

On 8/27/2023 at 4:45 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Factory reset keeps the current firmware, hold the reset button for 30 seconds, then wait 2 minutes before accessing the interface

So I reset the router however I can't get pass the Loading Screen.  Help please

On 8/31/2023 at 4:13 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

It shouldn't, by any chance did you leave your console in an instant on/standby mode then turn it on to play at a later time/day?

My console's power setting is set to "shutdown (energy saving)".  

I believe it's the same with my PC, it's also seen as inactive when gaming. I didn't factory reset the router after installing the beta firmware, maybe it's happening because of that?

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, Kris said:

My console's power setting is set to "shutdown (energy saving)".  

I believe it's the same with my PC, it's also seen as inactive when gaming. I didn't factory reset the router after installing the beta firmware, maybe it's happening because of that?

Possibly, it is a big change from the previous version so it is worth a try

So, do we need to request access, or just follow the steps outlined in the first post?

Also, is there a list of new features?  I'm debating whether to use the new firmware or just flash openwrt.

I see adblock is there (which I assume is AdGuard Home).  The things I'm considering just using openwrt for is that, and internet failover with mwan3.  

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, RobL said:

So, do we need to request access, or just follow the steps outlined in the first post?

Also, is there a list of new features?  I'm debating whether to use the new firmware or just flash openwrt.

I see adblock is there (which I assume is AdGuard Home).  The things I'm considering just using openwrt for is that, and internet failover with mwan3.  

Nope you have access, it's public, just follow the instructions in the first post.

No list currently, Adblocker is entirely created by us, not using another solution.

Had some issues again trying to upgrade firmwares. Had to install rc 10 and then rc14 after I did a factory reset and had a constant white screen with dumaos system not running.

Had to get the laptop out and it started to run but froze on the "finding optimal bandwidth"  reset from the pin and started installing again once the system started running red screen popped up I went straight to my phone and it loaded the page and went through all questions before getting the new dumaos setup.

After the install I have had no issues with the app where as previously It was plagued with bugs and stuff.

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, l2eactionz said:

Had some issues again trying to upgrade firmwares. Had to install rc 10 and then rc14 after I did a factory reset and had a constant white screen with dumaos system not running.

Had to get the laptop out and it started to run but froze on the "finding optimal bandwidth"  reset from the pin and started installing again once the system started running red screen popped up I went straight to my phone and it loaded the page and went through all questions before getting the new dumaos setup.

After the install I have had no issues with the app where as previously It was plagued with bugs and stuff.

That's for letting us know, I think it's to be expected when having to upgrade to the intermediary firmware and not being able to upgrade directly, hopefully it'll be smoother sailing from here on out.

so i was on 134. installed  intermediary, and it changed to 235. op said dont stay on it because of errors. so i installed rc14, which didnt work. so i tried rc10, went through a new setup screen, askin gabout gaming and work propietary. i just enabled both. now the top right reads XR500 V2.3.2.134-dumaos33-rc10. im back online. am i done? did i miss anything?