NEW XR500 BETA FIRMWARE: 3.3.535

• Administrators
2 hours ago, DroneMan said:

So I am getting the issue that QOS is causing certain domains to completely time out, the same as in the previous beta. Is this being looked into?

It's very likely that is Adblocker rather than QoS, if you disable QoS does it work correctly?

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thanks for the confirmation, what are the domains specifically?

Does it mainly on netflix.com

I have tried resetting my router to factory settings, but now getting "dumaos is not running". Any ideas how to fix this, I'm desperate 

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, DroneMan said:

Does it mainly on netflix.com

I have tried resetting my router to factory settings, but now getting "dumaos is not running". Any ideas how to fix this, I'm desperate 

If it's a QoS issue resetting won't help, reboot the router, close the interface, wait 4 minutes then access and it should load. I'll pass it on to the team.

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

If it's a QoS issue resetting won't help, reboot the router, close the interface, wait 4 minutes then access and it should load.

Just wasn't sure if I had done a full reset when I upgraded to this firmware so wanted to rule that out. 

I have just reset, will wait 4 mins before I try to access. I really need my connection tonight

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If it's a QoS issue resetting won't help, reboot the router, close the interface, wait 4 minutes then access and it should load. I'll pass it on to the team.

Doesn't matter what I do I just get dumaos is not running. I tried accessing the router after 8 minutes. Is there any way to recover this?

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, DroneMan said:

So even with a factory reset, I get the QOS issue instantly, twitch was non responsive unless disabling QOS

I know you said you disabled Adblocker but if you look at the Adblocker page with QoS enabled and go to Twitch or Netflix, does it still show something blocked indicating it's not disabled correctly?

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Derek2626 said:

Why cant i download the firmware?  Everytime i try any of the pdates, i keep getting this message

Please assign the correct file. The file format is *.img

Check the file on your PC, the PC may have changed the file extension if it's trying to open it with a program

I still strongly believe there are gremlins in the QOS (of the associated functions from this). 

Trying to load iPlayer on my Virgin Tivo box, but it fails to load. . I then try loading it on my LG TV and again it gets to the splash screen but doesn't get any further.

I disable adBlocker for the whole network thinking it might need something whitelisting later but it's still not loading on either device after a restart of the Tivo box and the TV.

I check my IP reservations to check if something has come online that I haven't set a static IP between .2 and .99 (DHCP set to start at .100) and find everything has a IP of <= .99

Tried loading iPlayer once again on both devices after restarting them and still both fail to load. 

I disable QOE and by magic, they both now load without any issues. 

Why?

• Administrators
3 hours ago, DanologyUK said:

I still strongly believe there are gremlins in the QOS (of the associated functions from this). 

Trying to load iPlayer on my Virgin Tivo box, but it fails to load. . I then try loading it on my LG TV and again it gets to the splash screen but doesn't get any further.

I disable adBlocker for the whole network thinking it might need something whitelisting later but it's still not loading on either device after a restart of the Tivo box and the TV.

I check my IP reservations to check if something has come online that I haven't set a static IP between .2 and .99 (DHCP set to start at .100) and find everything has a IP of <= .99

Tried loading iPlayer once again on both devices after restarting them and still both fail to load. 

I disable QOE and by magic, they both now load without any issues. 

Why?

We can take a look at that, it's unlikely to be a widespread QoS issue though otherwise we'd have heard about it by now

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We can take a look at that, it's unlikely to be a widespread QoS issue though otherwise we'd have heard about it by now

To add to the broken list, Twitch is again not connecting with QOS on. Loads of posts have talked about this in the past and i cant believe we are still in the position of faulty software/hardware that cant provide basic services as advertised. 

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, DanologyUK said:

To add to the broken list, Twitch is again not connecting with QOS on. Loads of posts have talked about this in the past and i cant believe we are still in the position of faulty software/hardware that cant provide basic services as advertised. 

We should be able to get that sorted, if you get the log from when you attempt access to these services it may have some extra info we can use to resolve it.

58 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We should be able to get that sorted, if you get the log from when you attempt access to these services it may have some extra info we can use to resolve it.

Discord seems to be also affected. Please see logs. Twitch eventually loaded but didnt load all the page and also Discord was stuck spinning "Checking for updates". Disabled QOE and Discord loaded in straight away. 

Logs attached. Hope they help

log-1699900650885.txt

i suspect you are after this? 

[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 104.17.107.108, port 443, Monday, November 13, 2023 19:11:52
[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 104.17.107.108, port 443, Monday, November 13, 2023 19:11:29

[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 40.99.202.114, port 443, Monday, November 13, 2023 19:10:36
[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 40.99.202.114, port 443, Monday, November 13, 2023 19:10:35

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great thanks, will pass that on.

No that's normal, shouldn't be causing a problem.

Add Steam Downloads to the broken list as well please. With QOE on, Steam wont download any games. The second I turn off QOE, it starts the downloads. 

EDIT - After restarting the router, its now downloading with QOE on. 

On 11/11/2023 at 7:20 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I know you said you disabled Adblocker but if you look at the Adblocker page with QoS enabled and go to Twitch or Netflix, does it still show something blocked indicating it's not disabled correctly?

No absolutely nothing. For now I have to just leave QOS disabled. It's weird how the issue persists even after a factory reset