NEW R2 FIRMWARE: 3.0.394

Netduma Liam

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Interesting, not seen this error message before, and it doesn't occur on .205? When you factory reset after the upgrade how did you do it exactly?

In version .205 I hadn't had that error, I downloaded the file, did a factory reset, 
did the initial setup and then ran the .394 update, 
and after the update was done I did another factory reset.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, brother_x said:

In version .205 I hadn't had that error, I downloaded the file, did a factory reset, 
did the initial setup and then ran the .394 update, 
and after the update was done I did another factory reset.

How did you reset via the interface or using the hardware button? If the hardware button how long did you hold it for?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How did you reset via the interface or using the hardware button? If the hardware button how long did you hold it for?

From the two options, through the interface and from the hardware button for 30 seconds.

Install the latest version .394 again, step by step and the problem persists.

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, brother_x said:

From the two options, through the interface and from the hardware button for 30 seconds.

Install the latest version .394 again, step by step and the problem persists.

Could you grab the log file from the System Information page please and post it here? 

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, brother_x said:

Thanks for that, nothing specifically in there I can see that relates to it, it does look like you adjusted QoS and then it occurred is that right?

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for that, nothing specifically in there I can see that relates to it, it does look like you adjusted QoS and then it occurred is that right?

Frasier the solution was so simple that I deleted the coockies and it was solved ... hahahahaha sorry for wasting time ...!!!😅

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, brother_x said:

Frasier the solution was so simple that I deleted the coockies and it was solved ... hahahahaha sorry for wasting time ...!!!😅

Ah no worries, glad it is all working, thank you for posting the solution, I'm sure it will help someone if they have the same issue!

I have downloaded this version and installed it today (i have been too busy to be more active on here). I noticed that when you click "log out" it does not actually log you out, even if you close the browser and log into the router it loads you straight back onto the dashboard without password prompt.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

I have downloaded this version and installed it today (i have been too busy to be more active on here). I noticed that when you click "log out" it does not actually log you out, even if you close the browser and log into the router it loads you straight back onto the dashboard without password prompt.

I assume you've done a factory reset? 

11 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

FWIW, I do not have this problem.  As soon as I hit logout, I get prompted with the logon form to log in again.  I'm on latest Chrome btw.  My initial thought is that you have a cookie/cache problem?  But if it affects different browsers I don't know.  Try clearing cache/cookies and closing the browser (ensure the process is gone from task manager) and reopen.  Just a thought.

With that said I wish I had that problem... LOL.  I'm constantly being automatically logged out requiring me to log in more often than I'd like, especially with the dated form that doesn't support my LastPass browser extension to autopopulate the form.

I did try it myself

if i log out im logged out

if i press log out he asks me for username an password immediately.

I did it on my iphone phone and pc.

i just need a hotfix for the dns issue as soon as it is available.

• Administrators
15 hours ago, fatal0Efx said:

FWIW, I do not have this problem.  As soon as I hit logout, I get prompted with the logon form to log in again.  I'm on latest Chrome btw.  My initial thought is that you have a cookie/cache problem?  But if it affects different browsers I don't know.  Try clearing cache/cookies and closing the browser (ensure the process is gone from task manager) and reopen.  Just a thought.

With that said I wish I had that problem... LOL.  I'm constantly being automatically logged out requiring me to log in more often than I'd like, especially with the dated form that doesn't support my LastPass browser extension to autopopulate the form.

Have you set the browser up to automatically clear cache/cookies when the tab is closed?

On 12/14/2021 at 4:42 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the report, I'll pass it onto the team!

I have since tried it on windows and also on my m1 mac mini and it's still the same. I did a factory reset via the GUI but I will have to go into my server cabinet and do a manual pinhole reset and see if that works. 

On 11/19/2021 at 12:16 PM, Netduma Liam said:

•    Fixed ‘Rapps not loading’ issue (Big thanks to @pollutionblues for all his help troubleshooting this)• 

Out of pure curiosity.... what was causing this? It's been my biggest bug-bear over this router. 

About to try the firmware now. Thanks guys. 

Just plugged the power back in after leaving it unplugged for 30 mins and held in the pinhole reset. Still nothing The pinhole does not seem to work at all. There is also no default ssid. The "nicknack" ssid is for the family router on another connected line.

2021-12-16 (1).png

5 hours ago, paganister said:

Out of pure curiosity.... what was causing this? It's been my biggest bug-bear over this router. 

About to try the firmware now. Thanks guys. 

It was incredibly complicated, but to simplify it, it was basically caused by some processes taking up too much memory.

4 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

Just plugged the power back in after leaving it unplugged for 30 mins and held in the pinhole reset. Still nothing The pinhole does not seem to work at all. There is also no default ssid. The "nicknack" ssid is for the family router on another connected line.

Huh, the factory reset caused that? How weird. If you set a static IP in Windows for the R2's typical addressing, do you then get access to the interface?

Try this:
IP address: 192.168.77.100
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.77.1

It may be worth trying from an incognito window too, or clear your browser's cache.

22 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

It was incredibly complicated, but to simplify it, it was basically caused by some processes taking up too much memory.

Huh, the factory reset caused that? How weird. If you set a static IP in Windows for the R2's typical addressing, do you then get access to the interface?

Try this:
IP address: 192.168.77.100
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.77.1

It may be worth trying from an incognito window too, or clear your browser's cache.

Hi. It is something more than trying an incognito window as there is no ssid broadcast. I have auto delete cookies and cache when a window closes too.

I did a manual config in the adapter settings and manually set ip address and gateway and it would not connect to the internet at all as windows gave me a no dhcp error. 

When i press the reset button it does nothing, not even the lights change on the router which would show a reset is in progress. I reported to @Netduma Fraser the other day that when I installed this firmware that I could not log out of the GUI. I do not have pppoe so the R2 just acts as a switch and I got my isp assigned ip address.

• Administrators

@BIG__DOG I think you'll have to do a factory reset again, it's the only way out of this really, hold it as hard as you can for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes and try again. You could try leaving it unplugged from power for 24 hours as well as that does sometimes bring it back to life.