NEW R2 FIRMWARE: 3.0.394

Netduma Liam

15 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Hey everyone,

We’ve got a new R2 firmware for you all!

You can download from the below link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctjppykaasmorxp/DumaOS-R2-3.0.394.sig?dl=0

We'd suggest ensuring you factory reset the R2 after making the upgrade as there's a lot of backend changes.

We’ve now introduced support for WireGuard in Hybrid VPN. If you’re VPN provider offers WireGuard configuration files. For instructions on how to set this up, check out this article.

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000127793-how-do-i-use-wireguard-config-files-with-hybrid-vpn-

Besides this, this firmware is primarily a maintenance update addressing many of the bugs you guys have reported to us since the last firmware update. Check the below change log to see the full details of these.

We totally get that it’s been a while since the last firmware and we’ll be posting an update explaining why, as well as why it’s not going to happen again. There's a LOT more to come, including features, over the next few months so keep an eye out...

We’ll post updates on the forum and on our YouTube channel, we just wanted to get a firmware out to you guys first.

Full change log:
•    Added support for Wireguard in Hybrid VPN
•    Fixed issue with DHCP service crashing
•    Added better backend flash usage monitoring for preventing long-term issues
•    Added improved configuration system allowing for faster and more stable integration of new features
•    Fixed issue where Wi-Fi password wouldn’t match label after reset
•    Multiple security improvements
•    Fixed ‘Rapps not loading’ issue (Big thanks to @pollutionblues for all his help troubleshooting this)
•    Fixed Hybrid VPN DNS leak issue
•    System-wide GUI improvements
•    Added cloud gaming and Work From Home categorisations for QoS

How would you recommend to factory reset after upgrading?

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Hey everyone,

We'd suggest ensuring you factory reset the R2 after making the upgrade as there's a lot of backend changes.

We’ve now introduced support for WireGuard in Hybrid VPN. If you’re VPN provider offers WireGuard configuration files. For instructions on how to set this up, check out this article.

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000127793-how-do-i-use-wireguard-config-files-with-hybrid-vpn-

Besides this, this firmware is primarily a maintenance update addressing many of the bugs you guys have reported to us since the last firmware update. Check the below change log to see the full details of these.

We totally get that it’s been a while since the last firmware and we’ll be posting an update explaining why, as well as why it’s not going to happen again. There's a LOT more to come, including features, over the next few months so keep an eye out...

We’ll post updates on the forum and on our YouTube channel, we just wanted to get a firmware out to you guys first.

Full change log:
•    Added ability to use specific IPv4/IPv6 DNS in HybridVPN
•    Added better backend flash usage monitoring for preventing long-term issues
•    Added improved configuration system allowing for faster and more stable integration of new features
•    Fixed ‘Rapps not loading’ issue (Big thanks to @pollutionblues for all his help troubleshooting this)
•    Added VLAN Support
•    Added Public IP viewable on Network Status panel - can be toggled on/off
•    Added Set Home by address on Geo-Filter
•    Added a Report button to the ping panel - use this to report an abnormal ping, incorrect server type, server required for online play or other (e.g. incorrect location) direct from the Geo-Filter
•    Added Resync button to Device Manager
•    Changed Device Manager Table View panel order
•    Network Monitor Category Breakdown viewable by default

When will the r1 get this update?

1. If you use the $ during in the setup wizard it still indicates the Wifi passwords don't match (meaning I have to use the default WiFi password and go into settings later to change it)
2. I like the new Geo-Filter home address option it allows you to pinpoint the exact location without guessing in a general area.
3. The QoS "flower" is nice but I would like the ability to set exact bandwidth amounts for each device with an indicator of how much bandwidth can still be allocated. Currently, if I set it to 1% it's still too high so I have to adjust the congestion control.
4. The new Wiregaurd is nice but there's so much potential. Imagine a one-click option that generates a Cloudflare Warp configuration. It will be a router first that improves routing and provides DDoS protection to ensure smooth gaming.

Spoiler

https://github.com/ViRb3/wgcf

5.What happened to IPv6 support ?

Great to see the new update! :)
It's much smoother, hopefully the bugs with adblocker and hangs up are fixed (fingers crossed).

IPv6 is still there for me.
I still cannot choose DFS channels for the wifi.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Anilman92 said:

Thanks for the update but can u guys update the forums Dark theme also?

this happens to all browsers on my iphone

i will update maybe this weekend.

One is default theme one is dark theme

We're aware of this and let our web guy know.

2 hours ago, Killerelite06 said:

1. If you use the $ during in the setup wizard it still indicates the Wifi passwords don't match (meaning I have to use the default WiFi password and go into settings later to change it)
2. I like the new Geo-Filter home address option it allows you to pinpoint the exact location without guessing in a general area.
3. The QoS "flower" is nice but I would like the ability to set exact bandwidth amounts for each device with an indicator of how much bandwidth can still be allocated. Currently, if I set it to 1% it's still too high so I have to adjust the congestion control.
4. The new Wiregaurd is nice but there's so much potential. Imagine a one-click option that generates a Cloudflare Warp configuration. It will be a router first that improves routing and provides DDoS protection to ensure smooth gaming.

Reveal hidden contents

5.What happened to IPv6 support ?

1. I'll pass that onto the team thanks!
2. Glad to hear!
3. That is on our roadmap so may come in future.
4. HybridVPN will be getting an overhaul at some point but that's a good idea, will pass it on!
5. It's still there in LAN/WAN

2 hours ago, Deng said:

Great to see the new update! :)
It's much smoother, hopefully the bugs with adblocker and hangs up are fixed (fingers crossed).

IPv6 is still there for me.
I still cannot choose DFS channels for the wifi.

You'll need to do a factory reset and then the DFS channels for 5GHz should be selectable.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, johann33520 said:

Bonjour depuis la mise à jour du Netduma R2 mon pc de jeux n'a plus Internet alors que mon pc de bureau à Internet

Si vous le reconnectez à Ethernet/WiFi, est-ce qu'il obtient Internet ?

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, toli said:

why did the Rapp store disappear with this update? and when trying to turn off schedule test in connection benchmark it gives error codes.

The Rapp store wasn't usable so no need to keep it in, also the default login username was 'Luke' which led to a few people thinking they may have gotten second hand units so was just easier to remove it for the moment. Good catch on the error code, I'll pass it onto the team.

On 11/19/2021 at 12:16 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Hey everyone,

Full change log:
•    Added ability to use specific IPv4/IPv6 DNS in HybridVPN
•    Added VLAN Support
•    Added Public IP viewable on Network Status panel - can be toggled on/off
•    Added Set Home by address on Geo-Filter
•    Added a Report button to the ping panel - use this to report an abnormal ping, incorrect server type, server required for online play or other (e.g. incorrect location) direct from the Geo-Filter
•    Added Resync button to Device Manager
•    Changed Device Manager Table View panel order
•    Network Monitor Category Breakdown viewable by default

Nice thank you dudes 

Since I don't see it mentioned on the notes or ever being publicly confirmed (despite the tons of the forum posts with people having the exact same issue), will this stop the R2 from just dropping all WAN connections and not allowing entry to the GUI until it was power cycled?

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, GenMatrix said:

Since I don't see it mentioned on the notes or ever being publicly confirmed (despite the tons of the forum posts with people having the exact same issue), will this stop the R2 from just dropping all WAN connections and not allowing entry to the GUI until it was power cycled?

Yes it should be a lot more stable now based on our testing but as always let us know if you encounter any issues

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You'll need to do a factory reset and then the DFS channels for 5GHz should be selectable.

I did the factory reset of course :)

DFS channels are not selectable after you reboot the router.

I downloaded the new firmware, did the factory reset, but you cannot turn off WiFi.  The WiFi tab under the Network Setting will show that it is not enabled, but the indicators on the R2 doe 2.4 and 5GHz are still illuminated (as well as the SSID showing up on the phone and computer).

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Deng said:

I did the factory reset of course :)

DFS channels are not selectable after you reboot the router.

Ah thanks, I'll pass onto the team.

13 minutes ago, sides14 said:

I downloaded the new firmware, did the factory reset, but you cannot turn off WiFi.  The WiFi tab under the Network Setting will show that it is not enabled, but the indicators on the R2 doe 2.4 and 5GHz are still illuminated (as well as the SSID showing up on the phone and computer).

Can you provide a screenshot of the WiFi page please?