NEW R2 FIRMWARE: 3.0.394

Netduma Liam

1 hour ago, GameManiaa said:

Hi everybody

I had some disconnection errors after doing this last update 3.0.394. It often disconnect and connect again and again. I think you need to test system stability. So I did downgrade the system 3.0.205 again. I hope you realize it soon and fix it. 

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear that, did you factory reset after upgrading to the latest firmware? That's recommended as it clears out low level code that can be left over from previous firmware.

I tried to factory reset my router, however It won't connect to the internet.  The "Netgear R2" Wifi shows up, however I cannot connect to it, the password is wrong everytime.  (Default Factory password) 

Any help would be appreciated. Also is there anyway to download this new firmware on a bricked device? 

It sounds as though you're using an older firmware and therefore need to follow the below article to connect to the Wi-Fi network:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000117883-i-ve-received-my-new-netduma-r2-but-the-wifi-password-doesn-t-work

When resetting the R2, the Wi-Fi password has been changed ever so slightly, the above article will allow you work out what it's changed to. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 2:46 PM, Netduma Liam said:

We're aware there's no logging information in Hybrid VPN, that's a known bug and will be fixed for future firmware.

Any news when the firmware will be released?

1 hour ago, KARLmitLAMA said:

Any news when the firmware will be released?

Not as yet I'm afraid, the beta testers gave some really good feedback on the latest beta version and found a few bugs so we're just fixing some things and then we'll get a new one built. I don't really have an ETA I can provide unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Not as yet I'm afraid, the beta testers gave some really good feedback on the latest beta version and found a few bugs so we're just fixing some things and then we'll get a new one built. I don't really have an ETA I can provide unfortunately.

Over the years it seems you guys have released firmware when you feel it's ready. It might be better to confirm a specific day and time for firmware releases.

IE: Check back Fridays at 10am MST 

4 minutes ago, LagFix said:

Over the years it seems you guys have released firmware when you feel it's ready. It might be better to confirm a specific day and time for firmware releases.

IE: Check back Fridays at 10am MST 

Totally agree, it would be great to have set dates for releases. The trouble is we do our best to release firmware as soon as it passes testing. If it doesn't pass testing, it can add a lot more time on to the process. 

We could set a date once testing has been passed, but that would essentially involve making you all wait longer for no reason.

Appreciate the feedback, it's good food for thought.

12 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Totally agree, it would be great to have set dates for releases. The trouble is we do our best to release firmware as soon as it passes testing. If it doesn't pass testing, it can add a lot more time on to the process. 

We could set a date once testing has been passed, but that would essentially involve making you all wait longer for no reason.

Appreciate the feedback, it's good food for thought.

I've always understood why you guys don't give dates.

However a specific day & time would give people who are really busy and don't have time to stop into the forums a few times a week a chance to come by at least once and check if firmware has been released.

I think this would be a good idea for not only this upcoming firmware but all future firmware releases. Honestly you don't have to just choose one day.

You could say Tuesdays and Fridays 10:00 a.m. come and check those are the days will release firmware if one's available.

This would also get people who normally don't check the forums to stop by once or twice a week. 

• Administrators

I can definitely appreciate where you're going with that, the only thing I'd be concerned with is if we say that then people will get their expectations up and then how many Tues/Fridays will go by without a version before people get frustrated

LOL what am i reading??? NO COMPANY DOES THIS!!!! you all just need to sit back relax and check back in every now and then to see if there's a new update available

the minor updates that will be in the next release isn't going to make or break anything. and beside a fuel request not available at the moment there is nothing wrong with this currant build.

Hope everyone is having a great day 👍

1 hour ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

LOL what am i reading??? NO COMPANY DOES THIS!!!! you all just need to sit back relax and check back in every now and then to see if there's a new update available

the minor updates that will be in the next release isn't going to make or break anything. and beside a fuel request not available at the moment there is nothing wrong with this currant build.

I don't just speak for myself when I make forum post like this. This is also coming from my YouTube community asking for months at a time what's going on.

There are easier ways for NetDuma to handle firmware releases so they don't get bombarded on the forums, Twitter, discord etc.

I'm sure answering the question of when firmware is coming over and over and over is annoying.

I've outlined some solutions on a video that will be out Friday. Even if the NetDuma team doesn't implement any of mine hopefully after listening to the video they'll come up with something themselves.

3 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

You're kidding right? This router has been the worst product that I have bought in a while! the fact we paid a premium price for a product that a 40-dollar Walmart router outperform when it comes to speed and Wi-Fi rang is unexpectable. you should be humbler when you respond most of us who had this router for about a year now been dealing with problem after problem! And to correct you this firmware isn't fine as you say nice try, there are countless people having trouble with it since it released and I'm sure none of them are lol at their situation. Crazy thing is how long it takes for us to get a firmware when we were told that we would receive them fast because of some new method y'all came up with. Only reason a lot of probably bought this router is due to the fact we would get faster update compared to the nighthawk but must have just been marketing. I tell you what I doubt I would ever waste my money on another netduma product nothing but empty promises. I do have a lot of respect for Fraser as he is trying hard to fix problems that are manufacturing issues, this router should have been recalled. so next time you try and under mind one of us think about the countless people that are and have been dealing with these issues and paid for a product that should be sold at 70 dollars at best! We're tired and frustrated and we have the right to be it taking way too long to give us a     stable product that we should have had at lunch!                                                                                                                                        

hope you're having a great day 👍                                                                                                                                                                                                              Oh and forgot the countless internet drops.    

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Anilman92 said:

Did beta testers tried the bug with dns resolving (fritzbox)

still it doesent work for me....

I need to test the new firmware.

but i dont like to roll back to old firmware...

We are progressing with that yes, it shouldn't be much longer as the testing is going pretty well!

1 hour ago, Adrian86 said:

You're kidding right? This router has been the worst product that I have bought in a while! the fact we paid a premium price for a product that a 40-dollar Walmart router outperform when it comes to speed and Wi-Fi rang is unexpectable. you should be humbler when you respond most of us who had this router for about a year now been dealing with problem after problem! And to correct you this firmware isn't fine as you say nice try, there are countless people having trouble with it since it released and I'm sure none of them are lol at their situation. Crazy thing is how long it takes for us to get a firmware when we were told that we would receive them fast because of some new method y'all came up with. Only reason a lot of probably bought this router is due to the fact we would get faster update compared to the nighthawk but must have just been marketing. I tell you what I doubt I would ever waste my money on another netduma product nothing but empty promises. I do have a lot of respect for Fraser as he is trying hard to fix problems that are manufacturing issues, this router should have been recalled. so next time you try and under mind one of us think about the countless people that are and have been dealing with these issues and paid for a product that should be sold at 70 dollars at best! We're tired and frustrated and we have the right to be it taking way too long to give us a     stable product that we should have had at lunch!                                                                                                                                        

hope you're having a great day 👍                                                                                                                                                                                                              Oh and forgot the countless internet drops.    

Best router i ever used!!! and before you reply back with some lame response i have tried $100 dollar to the most expensive one i tried was a little over $800 U.S

I have tweeted and left threads on other manufactures and have never got a reply back from a official staff member.

And most people need firmware updates like its a drug addiction. Something can be flawless and little Timmy or Billy will be on reddit (when a update dropping)

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, LagFix said:

Please watch 

Consider the suggestions I've made & leave feedback. Thanks 

Thanks for the video and feedback, me and Liam have discussed it and we'll pass it onto the wider team as well to further discuss it but you've definitely made some good points, food for thought, stay tuned.

How is the R2 Wi-Fi after the last update? Did you guys implement any improvement's?

Because im still using my Netgear in AP mode to take over the Wi-Fi i would like to remove the router from my network if possible.

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, GBDJG said:

How is the R2 Wi-Fi after the last update? Did you guys implement any improvement's?

Because im still using my Netgear in AP mode to take over the Wi-Fi i would like to remove the router from my network if possible.

There is only so much improvement we can do really so it's probably best to keep the NG in AP mode for the moment

On 3/11/2022 at 3:03 PM, LagFix said:

Please watch 

Consider the suggestions I've made & leave feedback. Thanks 

Hey guys, Lew here with a bit of an essay, but hopefully it's useful to hear.

A lot of the team here have watched this video and had a real discussion about how we communicate. I want to preface this by saying that this isn't a canned response. We know that your thoughts about this situation are held by more than just yourself, and it's something we're self-aware of.

The good news is that we're looking at a much more robust way of ensuring reliable release times, meaning you'll be able to rest easy with clearer expectations for firmware deliveries. There’ll be less confusion about releases, and more certainty about what’s on the horizon and how far away it is.

As is so often the case, there’s bad-news-that-comes-with-the-good-news. With so much work underway, it’s difficult to say exactly when this change will come, meaning I have to use the dreaded ‘soon’ for the time being. Once we’ve reached the level we need to be at on the platforms we’re working on, we can move forward with more transparent comms. We’ll start as we mean to go on, too – when this change comes in, we’ll set expectations clearly and make sure everyone is on the same page.

I get that from a customer point of view there’s nothing fun about uncertainty, but I hope it helps to know there’s one thing you can be certain about today: we will be fixing this wider issue.