NEW R2 FIRMWARE: 3.0.394

Netduma Liam

1 hour ago, dpk_ydv said:

The QOS does not apply to the VPN. I have a 40Mbps connection. Just for testing purpose, I throttled my bandwidth to 5Mbps. Without VPN I get 5 Mbps, but when I activate VPN, I get full 40 Mbps speed through VPN. 

what vpn are you using? i have express and when i use it my 1g connection turns into 80mb depending on where i connect too

@dpk_ydv As above, who's your VPN provider? Are you using OpenVPN or WireGuard (If you're using the advanced setup)?

5 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

what vpn are you using? i have express and when i use it my 1g connection turns into 80mb depending on where i connect too

Is this through OpenVPN? If so, that makes sense, the throughput on OpenVPN is quite low.

8 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

@dpk_ydv As above, who's your VPN provider? Are you using OpenVPN or WireGuard (If you're using the advanced setup)?

Is this through OpenVPN? If so, that makes sense, the throughput on OpenVPN is quite low.

Yes why i asked for L2TP/IPsec to be added the the vpn section

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Anilman92 said:

Will the next firmware be a hotfix for dns?

so we can expect it sooner then later :)

will there be any updates on duma os app?

Once we reproduce it and identify the cause of the issue we'll make a fix for it, if possible we will include that in the next firmware, that will certainly be the aim.

We're still working on the app, it's unlikely any updates will come out for that at the same time as router firmware unless required.

20 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Apologies, we've already discussed this haven't we. Did you get it working? I worked on this with a dev and we've fixed it so it'll be good to go in the next firmware.

Actually yes, I got it working. The only issue is that the QOS does not apply to the Hybrid VPN, it only applies to the WAN connection.

But Fraser said that he might take up this issue with the dev's. 

2 hours ago, dpk_ydv said:

Actually yes, I got it working. The only issue is that the QOS does not apply to the Hybrid VPN, it only applies to the WAN connection.

But Fraser said that he might take up this issue with the dev's. 

How did you get it working? I tried changing it to be the same format as another known working config file but I still needed a dev to change something to get it to work.

Since I updated firmware to 3.0.394 and factory reset, I have lost Open Nat type. All I get is Moderate, I normally turn on DMZ on netduma router and restart that does it. I have factory reset, rebooted still the same. Anyone else experience this since the update?

7 minutes ago, Seye said:

Since I updated firmware to 3.0.394 and factory reset, I have lost Open Nat type. All I get is Moderate, I normally turn on DMZ on netduma router and restart that does it. I have factory reset, rebooted still the same. Anyone else experience this since the update?

what device are you playing on? if its Xbox turn off the device by holding the Xbox button on the console for 30 seconds then unplug the power cord for another 30 then plug back in and restart. if your are referring to vanguard moderate is a glitch and needs to be fixed on there side

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Seye said:

Question: If I turn off UPNP on netdumar router, do I loose open Nat type? I turned that on rebooted and I got Open nat type.

If you're not using Port Forwarding/Triggering or the DMZ then you would likely get a moderate/strict NAT yes

1 hour ago, Seye said:

Question: If I turn off UPNP on netdumar router, do I loose open Nat type? I turned that on rebooted and I got Open nat type.

if the ps5 is in dmz and you have upnp on it could be causing conflict i would turn upnp off if you use dmz or port forwarding, just keep in mind other devices might not work well if upnp is off, and hard restart is performed the same way on ps5 hold the power button then unplug

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're not using Port Forwarding/Triggering or the DMZ then you would likely get a moderate/strict NAT yes

ok

1 hour ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

if the ps5 is in dmz and you have upnp on it could be causing conflict i would turn upnp off if you use dmz or port forwarding, just keep in mind other devices might not work well if upnp is off, and hard restart is performed the same way on ps5 hold the power button then unplug

So here is my setup is BT(ISP router)>Netdumar2>PS5.  To get open nat type, I enable DMZ on ISP router for 'Netdumar2'. Than gives me ope nat type.

Just moved and have different isp now, Just updated the R2 and I have no united states selection for region after factory reset. I swear I'm not that dumb lol, I even had the wife look and verify I'm not losing my mind! HELP! lol

On 12/3/2021 at 4:41 PM, Netduma Liam said:

How did you get it working? I tried changing it to be the same format as another known working config file but I still needed a dev to change something to get it to work.

I followed this format posted by Fraser. 

I made sure I dint use the /32 in front of the ipv4 address, and dint use ipv6 at all. 

Do you want me to DM you my cloudflare config?

3 hours ago, slugg said:

Just moved and have different isp now, Just updated the R2 and I have no united states selection for region after factory reset. I swear I'm not that dumb lol, I even had the wife look and verify I'm not losing my mind! HELP! lol

Your not losing your mind.. I can confirm this as well. There is no United States in the region selection when first setting up your R2. @Netduma Fraser please take a note of this please to have this corrected. :) 

Thanks!

Zippy.

54 minutes ago, Zippy said:

Your not losing your mind.. I can confirm this as well. There is no United States in the region selection when first setting up your R2. @Netduma Fraser please take a note of this please to have this corrected. :) 

Thanks!

Zippy.

can you screen shot it

• Administrators
9 hours ago, slugg said:

6 hours ago, Zippy said:

Thanks!

Zippy.

Thanks for the reports, I have been able to reproduce it so I'll pass it on to the team to take a look. On the plus side, we may not have the US but to all our North Korean customers out there, we've got you covered! 😂

image.png