Jump to content
Netduma Liam

NEW R2 FIRMWARE: 3.0.394

Recommended Posts

@Netduma Fraser  Cloudflare config confirmed working 2 seconds ago (just need IPv6 support also)

EDIT: The Geo-Filter is having a meltdown with RPC error 'ERROR_VALIDATION': Validation failed for 'ips' 

[Interface]

 

Address= 172.16.0.2

 

PrivateKey= (removed)

 

ListenPort = 2408

 

dns = 1.1.1.2,1.0.0.2

 

 

 

[Peer]

 

PublicKey = (removed)

 

AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0

 

Endpoint = engage.cloudflareclient.com:2408

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Brilliant to hear that @Killerelite06, I haven't specifically been told it doesn't work with IPv6 so you could give it a try and let us know. If you disable the VPN does the Geo-Filter error go away?

No- It spams the error code even after saying ok

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You need to make it like the config I posted, I've done it for you:

Negative result!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Killerelite06 said:

No- It spams the error code even after saying ok

 

Okay thanks we'll take a look, you may need to reboot/reset to get rid of that.

33 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

Negative result!

Did you specify the IP rather than using /32?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you specify the IP rather than using /32?

 

Connected status! It's good for me thank you!

Unfortunately the client does not stay active !!!!

image.thumb.png.b790a705948bb1a11af246603f8ad526.png

image.thumb.png.ad9f3f7f92d144e811303713dc89a9c5.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great to hear that, does it appear to change your IP even if it's saying not active there?

Unfortunately no ! It's as if it hadn't changed anything! Because the client is not connected to my WG server ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

Unfortunately no ! It's as if it hadn't changed anything! Because the client is not connected to my WG server ...

Okay thanks we'll take a look, what provider are you using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thanks we'll take a look, what provider are you using?

My "Free" ISP router (FR) allows me to create a WG server with my box. And thus generate a WG configuration file! I wanted to do the test with!

image.thumb.png.8fa680cdf4514717f775708558ad54e6.png

image.thumb.png.a7df8b1471ec343ad80724c6a475938b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do another factory reset please, people have reported that resolves any lingering issues after the first reset. 

Everything else started working again, but I am still unable to reach my full 940Mbps, it maxes around 700-800Mbps download.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, iLLo said:
Hello, everyone,

can I downgrade the firmware from the R2 again? Unfortunately my R2 loses the internet every few hours after the new update.
Then I have to restart my main router before it works again.

I didn't have these problems before the new firmware.
Can you help me?

I need firmware 3.0.205i again

 

Sadly i can CONFIRM IT!!

 

Netduma doesent use my fritzbox as dns resolver!

 

All of my devices connect to the netduma(pc,iphone,xbox).

but none of it is connected to internet.

if i set DNS 8.8.8.8 on xbox/phone it does work again.

netduma connection speed test does also work without changes on dns (use upstream dns was on)

restarting helps few hours (without dns settings) but i lose it if i turn off anything...

 

Workaround ist to set dns on 

8.8.8.8

1.1.1.1

on each device!

 

dns override on netduma doesent work

Use upstream dns also doesent work

 

i did 6 factory resets

2 upgrades (same firmware)

nothing helped.

ipv4/6 works but dns doesent work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Anilman92 said:

Sadly i can CONFIRM IT!!

 

Netduma doesent use my fritzbox as dns resolver!

 

All of my devices connect to the netduma(pc,iphone,xbox).

but none of it is connected to internet.

if i set DNS 8.8.8.8 on xbox/phone it does work again.

netduma connection speed test does also work without changes on dns (use upstream dns was on)

restarting helps few hours (without dns settings) but i lose it if i turn off anything...

 

Workaround ist to set dns on 

8.8.8.8

1.1.1.1

on each device!

 

dns override on netduma doesent work

Use upstream dns also doesent work

 

i did 6 factory resets

2 upgrades (same firmware)

nothing helped.

ipv4/6 works but dns doesent work!

It is exactly like that!

I also use a Fritzbox, unfortunately not compatible with the current version.

Now I have v.3.0.205 again.

Do I have to adjust these DNS settings from you only on my Playstation, or also on the Fritzbox?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Set dns on youre playstation that should fix it.

 

And on all of youre devices connected to netduma

for me:

pc

xbox

iphone

all needed the dns settings set.

 

Also turn off 

"use upstream dns"

(this should be On normaly but it doesent work with this firmware...)

and dont use dns on netduma

restart netduma than it should work.

FD49699E-C017-4190-AB89-8F1E2C83EFB8.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Phyter said:

Everything else started working again, but I am still unable to reach my full 940Mbps, it maxes around 700-800Mbps download.

That may just be the maximum you're able to get unfortunately, have you ever got higher than 800 with the router?

-

@iLLo @Anilman92 thank you for the reports, I'll pass this onto the team to try and reproduce. It may be a fritzbox specific incompatibility. If anyone else who changes their DNS could check whether it appears to be working correctly that would be helpful thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2021 at 6:38 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

 

@iLLo @Anilman92 thank you for the reports, I'll pass this onto the team to try and reproduce. It may be a fritzbox specific incompatibility. If anyone else who changes their DNS could check whether it appears to be working correctly that would be helpful thank you.

Hey Fraser, I also can confirm this same issue with DNS.  Im not on a fritzbox.. R2 is connected to a pure standalone modem.  You can not change your DNS at router level.. Once you try to change it to something like1.1.1.1 or other alike it doesnt work.. DNS completely breaks at that point and you cant revert back.. However one can add the DNS at each device and then you can gain internet access again.. 

If you need other info let me know!

Thanks!

Zippy..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2021 at 6:15 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Just to double check, did you update the template I provided with your own information? 

I got it working. Thanks Fraser. I removed /32. Do the Listen ports and endpoint have to be the same? In my case I kept them the same as per your sample.

Is it possible to make the QOS also apply to the VPN? I use VPN for good pings to GeForce now server, but the ping spikes due to high bandwidth usage makes cloud gaming unusable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MAGNUM19872007 said:

Hi

My router is on the 3.0.205 version. I tried to uppdate it to the latest but never worked. I did factory reset , didnt work either 

What happens exactly when you try to update, do you get a message?

2 hours ago, Zippy said:

Hey Fraser, I also can confirm this same issue with DNS.  Im not on a fritzbox.. R2 is connected to a pure standalone modem.  You can not change your DNS at router level.. Once you try to change it to something like1.1.1.1 or other alike it doesnt work.. DNS completely breaks at that point and you cant revert back.. However one can add the DNS at each device and then you can gain internet access again.. 

If you need other info let me know!

Thanks!

Zippy..

Thanks Zippy, helpful to know it's not a fritzbox compatibility issue, will pass onto the team.

42 minutes ago, dpk_ydv said:

I got it working. Thanks Fraser. I removed /32. Do the Listen ports and endpoint have to be the same? In my case I kept them the same as per your sample.

Is it possible to make the QOS also apply to the VPN? I use VPN for good pings to GeForce now server, but the ping spikes due to high bandwidth usage makes cloud gaming unusable. 

Great to hear that! No, no need to use those ones, they were just examples based on the config we were using that worked. It should already really but I'll check with the team as to what is happening there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MAGNUM19872007 said:

No, nothing. The router restarted few times and nothing happened. 

It may have updated but not changed the version number, clear the browser cache/cookies, then refresh the page, has the version number changed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great to hear that! No, no need to use those ones, they were just examples based on the config we were using that worked. It should already really but I'll check with the team as to what is happening there.

The QOS does not apply to the VPN. I have a 40Mbps connection. Just for testing purpose, I throttled my bandwidth to 5Mbps. Without VPN I get 5 Mbps, but when I activate VPN, I get full 40 Mbps speed through VPN. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...