NEW R2 FIRMWARE: 3.0.394

Netduma Liam

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Smallz098_ said:

Has a fix been pushed for the no American region issue yet? Installed the update last night and performed the factory reset today. Now I’m stuck at the set up screen not knowing which region to select…

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I thought it might be in the current version but otherwise it's definitely in the firmware upcoming - as far as I can tell Germany have the same rules on what frequencies can be used as the US so I would advise you to double check this before selecting.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I thought it might be in the current version but otherwise it's definitely in the firmware upcoming - as far as I can tell Germany have the same rules on what frequencies can be used as the US so I would advise you to double check this before selecting.

I’ll do some checking then, thanks

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Anilman92 said:

Ist there a preview firmware available soon?

my xbox doesent support dns over ipv6

Only ipv4....

Not currently but it won't be long until release now. Do you mean the Xbox is the only device not working with IPv6?

The xbox doesent have the dns settings for ipv6.it only supports ipv4 dns like 1.1.1.1

Since the current firmware plus fritzbox thr dns resolving doesent work i have to manually set it on each device.

Xbox always runs ipv4&ipv6.

If there is a xbox update,i have to do a restart (always on) otherwise it shows me ipv4 only.

i wait for the next update or preview to fix the dns resolving issues with fritzbox

On 1/22/2022 at 2:04 PM, Anilman92 said:

The xbox doesent have the dns settings for ipv6.it only supports ipv4 dns like 1.1.1.1

Since the current firmware plus fritzbox thr dns resolving doesent work i have to manually set it on each device.

Xbox always runs ipv4&ipv6.

If there is a xbox update,i have to do a restart (always on) otherwise it shows me ipv4 only.

i wait for the next update or preview to fix the dns resolving issues with fritzbox

Please excuse me asking, but... why are you using a fritzbox with a netduma?

Just curious.

Cheers

Boixa

@Boixa

im using dsl.

Less distance to the dsl hub on the street= more download speed.

if i use the fritzbox in my gaming room i have ~350m distance and lower signal strength to the dsl hub.

If i put it as close as possible i get 310m and better signal.

i have cat 5e lan ports in every room.

but i needed a 2nd router to use my gaming only connection(i have 2 dsl connections at home) for the pc and xbox only.

I hope the next generation of netduma supports latest wifi.

2.5gig ports or higher and if possible bonding 2 connection (isp1 and 2) for higher download speeds or if the router detects a download it uses isp1 for it and all gaming services over isp2

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Michael Cruz said:

do i have to download the latest firmaware for the wifi to be better ? i cant get any good speeds, and also when i try to download the new firmaware the page opens but its blank. Please Help

It's always advised to upgrade to the latest firmware as they have stability fixes and improvements. It's a dropbox link so try opening in an incognito window.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Michael Cruz said:

i did it and then i did the factory restart, but now wifi i cant connect to the wifi its not showing on any of my devices.

While connected via ethernet, disable WiFi entirely from the WiFi settings, reboot the router from the interface, wait 2 minutes, access, enable WiFi, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then see if they appear and if it's more stable from then on.

Hi Netduma team,

I've recently bought an R2 after having the R1 since early adopter years of 2013/14. 

However I have an issue in that today the interface will not load at all. I've cleared the cookies and cache (chrome), rebooted pc but nothing. I just get the same message 'This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute.'

I entered the ip address on my mobile to see if I could access there but it does the same thing. 

I've only had the router plugged in for 5 days so I am apprehensive to do a factory reset already as I did this on receiving the router once I had updated the firmware to 3.0.3.94

Also on playing halo infinite on xbox series x today, I notice the in game ping meter has thrown me into higher ping games include one at 86ms and one at 152ms. I could tell it was thrown out as one guy in the lobby was from the US.

Settings are more or less default.  both PC and xbox are wired to the R2. 

Please help. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

C.

• Administrators

@Cajun72 thanks for the continued support! We have had some reports that doing a second factory reset cleared out issues not sorted by the first so something to consider perhaps. Unplug the router from power for 10 minutes, plug in and wait 2 minutes before attempting a connection or accessing the interface and then see if it is accessible. Were you able to see where the game placed you on the Geo-Filter and why that happened perhaps e.g. ping assisted?

Ok Fraser I'll give the factory reset method a go and let you know how I get on. 

Were you able to see where the game placed you on the Geo-Filter and why that happened perhaps e.g. ping assisted?

No, because I couldn't access the interface at all. The only way I could tell is in Halo Infinite itself. You can see in game what the ping is by switching on in the games UI. Although I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate. 

I'll get back to you soon.

Hi. I did a factory reset for 45 secs this morning and the Duma OS page is now loading fine.

I will test Halo Infinite out later for the ping as I am fascinated to see if the 'in game ping meter' matches what the R2 is showing once connected in game!

Thanks for your support

1 hour ago, Cajun72 said:

Hi. I did a factory reset for 45 secs this morning and the Duma OS page is now loading fine.

I will test Halo Infinite out later for the ping as I am fascinated to see if the 'in game ping meter' matches what the R2 is showing once connected in game!

Thanks for your support

Great to hear it, thanks for letting us know.

Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Anilman92 said:

Do u have a firmware fix for the dns resolving issues with fritzbox?

i dont want to roll back the firmware.

We have new firmware coming soon so if it's still an issue on that let us know and we can investigate further.

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, Anilman92 said:

only workaround ist to set dns on each device.

i didnt find any other way.

dns settings on net duma doesent work at all with this Firmware.

i need another Firmware....

We're working on it and will release it as soon as we can

• Administrators
3 hours ago, kizzster said:

Rapps isn't loaded yet... How do I fix this? 394 firmware, everything was done correctly.

Did you wait a few minutes before accessing and did you factory reset after the upgrade was complete from the interface and then wait 2 minutes before accessing?

13 hours ago, kizzster said:

Rapps isn't loaded yet... How do I fix this? 394 firmware, everything was done correctly.

another trick is to completely close the tab and re open it in a new tab then it will work

Hi everybody

I had some disconnection errors after doing this last update 3.0.394. It often disconnect and connect again and again. I think you need to test system stability. So I did downgrade the system 3.0.205 again. I hope you realize it soon and fix it.