NEW R2 FIRMWARE: 3.0.394

Netduma Liam

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, heppyduma said:

Performed the firmware update and factory reset. Issue now is the only 5Ghz Wi-Fi channels selectable are 36-48?

Welcome to the forum!

Yes that is known, we'll fix that in upcoming versions

On 11/25/2021 at 3:16 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

@Killerelite06 @Fuzy @dpk_ydv thanks for the reports guys, speaking to the devs they have found an issue where our version of Wireguard doesn't accept some entries, it was made too strict essentially, it will be fixed. Below is an example of a config that does work despite this issue, if you fit your config around this one yours should work as well.

[Interface]

Address= 10.x.x.x

PrivateKey= (removed)

ListenPort =443

dns = 116.x.x.x,95.x.x.x

[Peer]

PublicKey= (removed)

AllowedIPs =0.0.0.0/0

Endpoint = example01.exampleservers.com:443

I have tried this using my setup with no luck here is what I'm using (with keys removed) the provider is Mullvad

[Interface]
PrivateKey = (removed)
Address = 10.65.169.246
DNS = 193.138.218.74

[Peer]
PublicKey = (removed)
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0
Endpoint = 86.106.136.210:51820

also tried it like this:

[Interface]

Address = 10.65.169.246

PrivateKey = (Removed)

ListenPort: 51820

DNS = 193.138.218.74

[Peer]

PublicKey = (Removed)

AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0

still just fails straight away

3 hours ago, burnavator said:

I have tried this using my setup with no luck here is what I'm using (with keys removed) the provider is Mullvad

[Interface]
PrivateKey = (removed)
Address = 10.65.169.246
DNS = 193.138.218.74

[Peer]
PublicKey = (removed)
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0

also tried it like this:

[Interface]

Address = 10.65.169.246

PrivateKey = (Removed)

ListenPort: 51820

DNS = 193.138.218.74

[Peer]

PublicKey = (Removed)

AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0

still just fails straight away

Welcome to the forum!

Could you try this please:

[Interface]
Address = 10.65.169.246
PrivateKey = (Removed)
ListenPort= 51820
DNS = 193.138.218.74

[Peer]
PublicKey = (Removed)
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0

17 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

Could you try this please:

[Interface]
Address = 10.65.169.246
PrivateKey = (Removed)
ListenPort= 51820
DNS = 193.138.218.74

[Peer]
PublicKey = (Removed)
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0

Hi Thanks for the post.

Still doesn't work, it just fails instantly. No logs or anything. Also if I change tabs, then come back to hybrid VPN, all the settings are erased.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, burnavator said:

Hi Thanks for the post.

Still doesn't work, it just fails instantly. No logs or anything. Also if I change tabs, then come back to hybrid VPN, all the settings are erased.

Did you factory reset after you upgraded to .394?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you factory reset after you upgraded to .394?

Yes, I've reset a couple of times now. Ive also noticed when using open vpn some devices continually disconnect from the internet and they only come back online if I remove them from Hybrid VPN, or disable then re enable. Is there any indication of how long the next update will be to address the vpn issues?

I might just roll back to the previous version until this has been fixed, unless you have any suggestions?

Thanks again

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, burnavator said:

Yes, I've reset a couple of times now. Ive also noticed when using open vpn some devices continually disconnect from the internet and they only come back online if I remove them from Hybrid VPN, or disable then re enable. Is there any indication of how long the next update will be to address the vpn issues?

I might just roll back to the previous version until this has been fixed, unless you have any suggestions?

Thanks again

How did you add them to the VPN? Did you have the option enabled that disconnects them from the internet if the VPN goes down? We're working on a new firmware at the moment so shouldn't be too long but I can't give an ETA. The template for Wireguard as mentioned above is very strict so if it's not working there isn't much we can do for the moment except use OpenVPN instead.

33 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How did you add them to the VPN? Did you have the option enabled that disconnects them from the internet if the VPN goes down? We're working on a new firmware at the moment so shouldn't be too long but I can't give an ETA. The template for Wireguard as mentioned above is very strict so if it's not working there isn't much we can do for the moment except use OpenVPN instead.

I just added device in the VPN traffic Box. I tried disabling the "block traffic if vpn disconnects" option just incase it was that but it was still happening. The VPN is now failing on the status screen and only starts working again if I reboot. I will probably just roll back for now then, as it was working fine before. only reason I updated was for the WireGuard support. Which WireGuard VPN provider did you use to get it working?

Thanks

• Administrators
1 hour ago, burnavator said:

I just added device in the VPN traffic Box. I tried disabling the "block traffic if vpn disconnects" option just incase it was that but it was still happening. The VPN is now failing on the status screen and only starts working again if I reboot. I will probably just roll back for now then, as it was working fine before. only reason I updated was for the WireGuard support. Which WireGuard VPN provider did you use to get it working?

Thanks

So just with Do NOT VPN these services? That option would cause them to disconnect so they experienced it without that option being enabled? Do they all disconnect at the same time? Do they seem to disconnect when a particular application/service is used etc? I believe we made a private one with Ubuntu.

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So just with Do NOT VPN these services? That option would cause them to disconnect so they experienced it without that option being enabled? Do they all disconnect at the same time? Do they seem to disconnect when a particular application/service is used etc? I believe we made a private one with Ubuntu.

Yes "do not vpn these services". My laptop seemed to work ok with the vpn, it was my iphone that stopped working also my wives iPhone, Apple TV and fire cube seemed to be ok as well.

On 12/29/2021 at 5:12 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

So not rebooting remotely? There is nothing specifically that was changed that would affect that at all, once the team are back they can take a look at this though we may have another firmware on the way in early jan

I've noticed that yeah, I have to reboot the modem then the router, not the other way around. Do you have any idea as to why I cant reboot from the interface anymore? I can tell the reboot goes through to the router, but the connection never comes back up until I unplug modem/router.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, burnavator said:

Yes "do not vpn these services". My laptop seemed to work ok with the vpn, it was my iphone that stopped working also my wives iPhone, Apple TV and fire cube seemed to be ok as well.

Ah try disabling the Private Addresses option on the iPhone WiFi options for the R2, reboot the phone then see if it keeps a connection.

39 minutes ago, CheckoutCoachCam said:

I've noticed that yeah, I have to reboot the modem then the router, not the other way around. Do you have any idea as to why I cant reboot from the interface anymore? I can tell the reboot goes through to the router, but the connection never comes back up until I unplug modem/router.

The modem hands out an IP to the router so if you reboot the router first then the modem doesn't necessarily notice after it's rebooted that there is a device there, by rebooting after the modem it clearly sees a device is now connected and gives an address, that's my understanding of what could be happening - some are finicky in what order they need to be booted in. Is that when rebooting via ethernet?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ah try disabling the Private Addresses option on the iPhone WiFi options for the R2, reboot the phone then see if it keeps a connection.

The modem hands out an IP to the router so if you reboot the router first then the modem doesn't necessarily notice after it's rebooted that there is a device there, by rebooting after the modem it clearly sees a device is now connected and gives an address, that's my understanding of what could be happening - some are finicky in what order they need to be booted in. Is that when rebooting via ethernet?

That's correct. Since I remember you said a new firmware is likely coming soon...is it possible to go back to a recent firmware until this new one is released? I know you said this wasn't affected in the update but ever since I updated and did a factory reset, I've been having the problem.

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, CheckoutCoachCam said:

That's correct. Since I remember you said a new firmware is likely coming soon...is it possible to go back to a recent firmware until this new one is released? I know you said this wasn't affected in the update but ever since I updated and did a factory reset, I've been having the problem.

You can absolutely do that if you wish to, downgrade in the same way you upgraded by uploading the previous firmware version file

On 1/7/2022 at 1:48 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

We're working on a new firmware at the moment so shouldn't be too long but I can't give an ETA. 

If I may ask, what changes do you plan with the new update?  Just fixing Wireguard hybrid VPN?

• Administrators
6 hours ago, dpk_ydv said:

If I may ask, what changes do you plan with the new update?  Just fixing Wireguard hybrid VPN?

Can't go into it too much at the moment but some improvements for mobile access via browser and perhaps a feature if testing goes well

20 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can't go into it too much at the moment but some improvements for mobile access via browser and perhaps a feature if testing goes well

Please add L2TP/IPsec to the new.update and the dns part I been asking about 🙏🏽

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Please add L2TP/IPsec to the new.update and the dns part I been asking about 🙏🏽

Don't think it will be in the next update but it's on the list! You can set the VPN DNS in the version you're on

1 hour ago, NetDumaNewb said:

The firmware update is not completing.  It keeps in progress page ain’t refreshing. 

Please allow it some time, it may take a little while. If it's still not doing anything refresh the page manually and check if you're still getting this pop-up.

If you're not, reboot the R2 and try upgrading again. If you're still experiencing issues after that please create a new topic describing the issue instead of adding back to this topic.

Were any changes made to adblocking? on average id say im blocking a lot less looking at the dashboard and now my windows spotlight works almost every day - something that used to be blocked and remedied via adblock disable

i have however recently switched to Brave browser and not sure if this has anything to do with less tracking/advert requests requests going back out to the web

anyone else notice any change?

7 hours ago, wrighty338 said:

Were any changes made to adblocking? on average id say im blocking a lot less looking at the dashboard and now my windows spotlight works almost every day - something that used to be blocked and remedied via adblock disable

i have however recently switched to Brave browser and not sure if this has anything to do with less tracking/advert requests requests going back out to the web

anyone else notice any change?

Not necessarily with the firmware, but we do push cloud-updates semi-regularly for adblocker with updated whitelist and blacklist info. That's likely what has improved the experience for you!

Hi there,

i just updated to .394 and my R2 isn´t working anymore.
I did a reset after the update and did the inital setup again.
Now my Xbox wont connected to the internet anymore.
I tried multiple settings, disabled QoS, set the DMZ to the IP of the Xbox, gave the Xbox a fixed IP and some more.

Hybrid VPN isn´t working with basic Wireguard configs and the Status just says failed without any logs.

Hope there´s an update very soon...
I switched the Xbox back to my main network to use it again.

kind regards
Michael