NEW R2 FIRMWARE: 3.0.394

Netduma Liam

Hello guys,

I'm new to this router (basically bought it yesterday :) ), after installing the router I upgraded from 3.0.205 to 3.0.394 but I cannot use the geo filter. It basically said that Duma OS is unable to search for location right now, and try again later.

Also the user interface has some bugs.

I also have to mention that I'm from Romania, maybe my ISP does not support this kind of thing?

Thanks

Untitled.jpg

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, alexmacrea88 said:

Hello guys,

I'm new to this router (basically bought it yesterday :) ), after installing the router I upgraded from 3.0.205 to 3.0.394 but I cannot use the geo filter. It basically said that Duma OS is unable to search for location right now, and try again later.

Also the user interface has some bugs.

I also have to mention that I'm from Romania, maybe my ISP does not support this kind of thing?

Thanks

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Did you do a factory reset after the upgrade? If not please do so as this should clear up issues like this. It's something we always recommend doing after an upgrade. If that doesn't resolve it then clear the browser cache/cookies and it should work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Just a bit of info if you guys can ive had my FTTP installed and the router they supplied me is a Icoterra i4850 thats performing well for the home devices.

Although i want to use my R2 as well with its gaming features can i just plug it to the main router or will i get a double NAT and such problems?

Any info would be great.

Many thanks.

2 hours ago, GBDJG said:

Hi.

Just a bit of info if you guys can ive had my FTTP installed and the router they supplied me is a Icoterra i4850 thats performing well for the home devices.

Although i want to use my R2 as well with its gaming features can i just plug it to the main router or will i get a double NAT and such problems?

Any info would be great.

Many thanks.

You can plug the R2 into the Icoterra and then connect all devices on the network to the R2. UPNP should handle all things NAT related, but in case it doesn't there's still plenty of things we can do to fix any issues that crop up.

35 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

You can plug the R2 into the Icoterra and then connect all devices on the network to the R2. UPNP should handle all things NAT related, but in case it doesn't there's still plenty of things we can do to fix any issues that crop up.

Can i not leave all the other devices connected to the icotera and have just my Xbox on the R2?

3 minutes ago, GBDJG said:

Can i not leave all the other devices connected to the icotera and have just my Xbox on the R2?

i can use any router on my network however the icotera has better WiFi than the R2 but i cant put it as a AP

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, GBDJG said:

1 minute ago, GBDJG said:

i can use any router on my network however the icotera has better WiFi than the R2 but i can put it as a AP

It would be best to do the above as you know but if you would prefer to do that you can, you would just need to put the R2 in its DMZ so the Xbox can get an Open NAT. If you can't connect the ico behind the R2 then AP wouldn't be applicable really.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It would be best to do the above as you know but if you would prefer to do that you can, you would just need to put the R2 in its DMZ so the Xbox can get an Open NAT. If you can't connect the ico behind the R2 then AP wouldn't be applicable really.

Thank you Fraser/Liam for clearing that up for me you guys are truly very decent.👍

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
21 minutes ago, Luisito_corona said:

Hola!
Estoy intentando descargar el último firmware de net duma r2 v.3.0.394, desde el enlace, pero acepto las cookies y luego se queda la pantalla en blanco, que puedo hacer para descargarlo????

Solo debe hacer clic en descargar en la parte superior izquierda de la página de Dropbox y debería comenzar a descargarse

41 minutes ago, Anilman92 said:

When i force a reconnect on my fritbox for new ipv4/6 adress

my xbox shows only ipv4 after that...

and i need to restart netduma.

So after you restart, you then get an IPv6 address? Does the Xbox show as having an IPv6 address in Device Manager?

Xbox doesent recieve a ipv6 adress until i restart netduma.

but this only happens while im active on my xbox and if i force a new ipv4/6 on my fritbox(or 24hour reset from isp)

i can reproduce it every time.

i also did a ipv6 test over the xbox edge browser and it says ipv6 not supported until i restart netduma...

1 before i do anything

2 after forcing a ipv4/6 reconnect on fritzbox.

3 after restart netduma

btw the xbox supports

DSCP-Tagging (wired qos)

WMM- Tagging (wifi qos)

Does the netduma handle these kinds of tagging or pass it throught to fritbox and isp?

34361AC0-C030-4E1C-8814-0F78E9CBCF3D.jpeg

4C867251-6949-46DA-A0CD-A5BBE5C5D0CF.jpeg

839666A2-B494-4FBD-AE23-52C9E0957C7A.jpeg

• Administrators

@Anilman92this would seem to be normal behavior as far as I'm concerned. If you're active on the console it won't suddenly switch to using IPv6 and then given you're forcing a reconnect, you can't force a reconnect on the R2 but rebooting it would naturally grab that new information.

Why does netduma r2 only grab ipv4 if the fritzbox has the new ipv4/6 adress.

i can play but only with ipv4 until i reboot netduma.

The DSCP and WMM- Tagging ist not out yet its still in xbox beta update.

but does the netduma r2 support it?

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Anilman92 said:

Why does netduma r2 only grab ipv4 if the fritzbox has the new ipv4/6 adress.

i can play but only with ipv4 until i reboot netduma.

The DSCP and WMM- Tagging ist not out yet its still in xbox beta update.

but does the netduma r2 support it?

It's already connected via the previous details and so a reboot or a re-apply of DHCP should be done to grab that new info.

Yes it is supported.

I am sick of playing overwatch and getting disconnects why I am fighting and then die because it disconnects then a few seconds  later it connects again just keeps doing it. I was on the 105 upgraded to the 395 and it was way worse so I am back on 105. And yes I have done factory resets. I hope you all fix this for the new firmware. I think a lot of ppl are have this problem.

2 hours ago, Spud said:

I am sick of playing overwatch and getting disconnects why I am fighting and then die because it disconnects then a few seconds  later it connects again just keeps doing it. I was on the 105 upgraded to the 395 and it was way worse so I am back on 105. And yes I have done factory resets. I hope you all fix this for the new firmware. I think a lot of ppl are have this problem.

Welcome to the forum!

In what way are you disconnecting exactly? Sounds like you're not fully disconnecting from the game.

Perhaps create you own topic in the R2 forum and we can troubleshoot it with you?

8 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

In what way are you disconnecting exactly? Sounds like you're not fully disconnecting from the game.

Perhaps create you own topic in the R2 forum and we can troubleshoot it with you?

Some times it well go out all of the way, and other times it well go out for 5-10 secs