Traffic prortization please read

kinel

On 11/17/2020 at 5:49 PM, Alex49H said:

I thought ports 1-65535 was Classified and 1024-65535 it eliminates other ports that prioritize downloading for other apps or devices that could hinder the games packets. Something like that. @Netduma Fraser can explain it better. 

Plus Cold War is new. 

Would you recommend this method on warzone or all these recommendations mostly specific to multiplayer? 

2 hours ago, Alex49H said:

You can try it in Warzone. It’s whatever makes the game play better for you. Cold War is not consistent and I have used other ports in TP and honestly this game is broken. 

Thanks for the response. I did play with your udp prioritization that Fraser recommended as well as a tcp prioritization another member said with duma classified games off. The games I played, I actually experienced less latency spikes. I normally get those orange boxes on my screen continuously every 30 seconds or so. It’s just so difficult to know if it’s the status of the servers were good for that time or if the settings helped. I’ll keep experimenting. One more question if you don’t mind...

If I’m prioritizing the ranges on QOS should I also be port forwarding those other ports in network settings(UDP 3074, 3078-3079, and TCP 1935,3478-3480)? 

13 minutes ago, mitchellc756 said:

Thanks for the response. I did play with your udp prioritization that Fraser recommended as well as a tcp prioritization another member said with duma classified games off. The games I played, I actually experienced less latency spikes. I normally get those orange boxes on my screen continuously every 30 seconds or so. It’s just so difficult to know if it’s the status of the servers were good for that time or if the settings helped. I’ll keep experimenting. One more question if you don’t mind...

If I’m prioritizing the ranges on QOS should I also be port forwarding those other ports in network settings(UDP 3074, 3078-3079, and TCP 1935,3478-3480)? 

That is great news! Stick with that if it is working. 

If you already have an Open NAT in game you do not need to port forward these ports.

12 minutes ago, Alex49H said:

That is great news! Stick with that if it is working. 

If you already have an Open NAT in game you do not need to port forward these ports.

Sweet! I do have open nat. Should Upnp be enable? Last question, I promise hahaha 

4 hours ago, mitchellc756 said:

Could you confirm which rules you are using please and on what platform please? I'm on Xbox One and trying to find something that works.

24 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Could you confirm which rules you are using please and on what platform please? I'm on Xbox One and trying to find something that works.

Hey man, I’d go to the first few pages and look at Kinel’s posts and experiment. It’s all a little confusing at first but try some of his methods in QOS traffic prioritization. 

25 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Hey man, I’d go to the first few pages and look at Kinel’s posts and experiment. It’s all a little confusing at first but try some of his methods in QOS traffic prioritization. 

20 minutes ago, mitchellc756 said:

Yeah I was just asking which rules seem to work best for you?

8 hours ago, mitchellc756 said:

Sweet! I do have open nat. Should Upnp be enable? Last question, I promise hahaha 

Ask all the questions you want my friend. Yes leave UPNP enabled. It’s the best way to get an Open NAT. 

QoS is not stable unless you have organization-broadband-level which can be too expensive. 

Right it works for some games and it is stil a hit-or-miss. 

As result, I turned them off all. and just use port forward(or upnp, your choice!) 

However, my method is still tricky and some might find it not worth trying. I always use netduma for geofilter and WRT54GL with cfw Freshtomato installed. and here is my trick 

- I throttled my bandwidth to about 21/0.5 mbps. (read next below!)

- I open youtube on my pc (both pc and ps5 must connected to the same router which is WRT54GL) I let it stream any long-length video with 480p) of course QoS disabled 

- As soon as I start my first match, I just turn off Bandwith Limiter. let my BW at full speed. And I still let YouTube streaming 

- You would feel something different there. 

MY KD is 3.69 because of this. 

Edit. My MTU is set to 1452 on PS5

14 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

QoS is not stable unless you have organization-broadband-level which can be too expensive. 

Right it works for some games and it is stil a hit-or-miss. 

As result, I turned them off all. and just use port forward(or upnp, your choice!) 

However, my method is still tricky and some might find it not worth trying. I always use netduma for geofilter and WRT54GL with cfw Freshtomato installed. and here is my trick 

- I throttled my bandwidth to about 21/0.5 mbps. (read next below!)

- I open youtube on my pc (both pc and ps5 must connected to the same router which is WRT54GL) I let it stream any long-length video with 480p) of course QoS disabled 

- As soon as I start my first match, I just turn off Bandwith Limiter. let my BW at full speed. And I still let YouTube streaming 

- You would feel something different there. 

MY KD is 3.69 because of this. 

Edit. My MTU is set to 1452 on PS5

All I've been using for the last few weeks is bandwidth limiter in FreshTomato 21d 0.5u.

Console in DMZ. No prio ports. Nothing else.

Works perfectly.

Will give your method a go though, sounds interesting.

UPDATE : Tried it... CoD didn't like it lol. I've never been able to play any CoD game without throttling. Worth a try though :)

My bandwidth in-game shows anywhere from 2100-2700Kbps and it's been ok. Can't switch off QoS and use bandwidth limiter on my fresh tomato router, unless it's possible via command line console using tc commands? I haven't checked.

Been using my openwrt router and I think it's the only one that gives me playable games on CW. No other router works for me.

17 hours ago, johnnytran said:

Can't switch off QoS and use bandwidth limiter on my fresh tomato router, unless it's possible via command line console using tc commands? I haven't checked.

I tried using them both turned on before and it just booted me from every match.

Question for you actually... if QoS is turned off on FT... does that mean that the port classification rules are also turned off?

I've been wondering this lately, Google turned up no answer.

Hi, I'm new to netduma but have been reading almost every thread i can to get a better understanding. I did notice that my UP is much higher than my DOWN, by almost 2x. This is the settings I have. I place on PC wired, hoping I can find the right settings for best hit connection. Thank you in advance!image.thumb.png.b484334a44c060f343605f2c8daab74f.png

On 1/22/2021 at 4:15 PM, N3CR0 said:

All I've been using for the last few weeks is bandwidth limiter in FreshTomato 21d 0.5u.

Console in DMZ. No prio ports. Nothing else.

Works perfectly.

Will give your method a go though, sounds interesting.

UPDATE : Tried it... CoD didn't like it lol. I've never been able to play any CoD game without throttling. Worth a try though :)

Interesting method as well. 
I would try that too. 

my method only worked with cod though. Tried it on pc game called Ironsight. It was horrible that i have to turn on qos with standard setting. 

I’d guess each one has unique working method. Just gotta find it out. 

12 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

Interesting method as well. 
I would try that too. 

my method only worked with cod though. Tried it on pc game called Ironsight. It was horrible that i have to turn on qos with standard setting. 

I’d guess each one has unique working method. Just gotta find it out. 

Played on my PS4 tonight for the first time in months and although my settings work perfectly on Xbox... they are total ass on PS4.

My MP5 does little damage, takes more shots than it should and getting shoot first die first alot. Turned off bandwidth limiter for my last couple of matches and MP5 is back to being a melt machine. Almost nuked on my last game against crouch walking weirdos lol.

Makes no sense to me how it can work on one console and not the other.

On 1/24/2021 at 6:19 AM, N3CR0 said:

I tried using them both turned on before and it just booted me from every match.

Question for you actually... if QoS is turned off on FT... does that mean that the port classification rules are also turned off?

I've been wondering this lately, Google turned up no answer.

I've barely used FT so I'm not entirely sure. My guess is it would turn the port rules off, I think that section is a sub section of the qos page. Maybe you can test it out by setting up a category with 1Mbps bandwidth and assigning it to HTTP traffic in the port rules. Disable qos and run a speedtest, see if it's capped at 1Mbps? I'm not sure if that's how it works but could be worth a try..

CW has been going ok for me, I've had more good games than bad lately so I don't want to try another router yet and mess things up.

I'm grinding camos on HC Shoot The Ship today and playing with a Mod. NAT and the amount of bad or no hit reg I'm getting.

Then theres the multiple hit markers I'm getting on peoples... in HC!

Changed to Open NAT now and all thats gone away. Working as it should now.

Can't say the grind is going well though... even though I'm going 0.5 k/d for the last 15 matches or so (going for hipfire, crouch, longshot and mounted kills) SBMM is putting me in harder and harder lobbies, its now getting to the point where I'm barely getting any kills at all, espc. on Shipment where everyones tryharding with Mp5's trying to get nukes.

SBMM even ruins ya damn grind!

I have been reading through the comments on this thread and I have seen a few things that came to my attention. 1 was a suggestion to use ports 1 - 65535, this is the exact same as placing your device into DMZ and getting no protection from firewall and is ill advised. The best way to get open nat is to just use upnp. Activisions algorithm changes the lobbies depending on your score,kd etc etc and this is Skill based Match making and no matter what ports or qos or router you use you cannot combat this at all. They screw you over and frustrate the hell out of the players that play this game and dangle the odd carrot to keep you playing, UDP packets are used for gaming and not TCP so priorising TCP packets would be useless in any case.  Netdumas routers and sooftwae can prioritise your network traffic but no rouer on the planet can affect the algorithm that is SBMM.

2 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

I have been reading through the comments on this thread and I have seen a few things that came to my attention. 1 was a suggestion to use ports 1 - 65535, this is the exact same as placing your device into DMZ and getting no protection from firewall and is ill advised. The best way to get open nat is to just use upnp. Activisions algorithm changes the lobbies depending on your score,kd etc etc and this is Skill based Match making and no matter what ports or qos or router you use you cannot combat this at all. They screw you over and frustrate the hell out of the players that play this game and dangle the odd carrot to keep you playing, UDP packets are used for gaming and not TCP so priorising TCP packets would be useless in any case.  Netdumas routers and sooftwae can prioritise your network traffic but no rouer on the planet can affect the algorithm that is SBMM.

Facts BD and all of that just is to frustrate people and give them one or two good games then a couple of bad games to make you want to play more. 

Hope you and the family are well amigo. 

4 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

For some reason, when I prio tcpandudp for cw it feels significantly better vs udp only

5 hours ago, fiefo said:

For some reason, when I prio tcpandudp for cw it feels significantly better vs udp only

seriously I would put that down to placebo or SBMM slackening off as TCP packets are not used in real-time gaming such s FPS games. There are also other factors to take into consideration when having a bad gaming session:

• Time of day such as peak times.
  • Congestion on isp network.
  • Gaming over wifi (which is the worse way to game).
  • Sever capacity or faults.
  • Weather conditions affecting line quality (water for example getting into service ducts under pavement or cabinet.....either rain or condensation).

You can control your traffic going out of your network but you cannot control everything else after that point (geo filtering excluded).