Traffic prortization please read

kinel

Im trying to  find out  the  best way to use taffic priortization for call of duty games

I think i know the best myself but i am trying to do an experiment to see if everyones results are

I will edit this post with pics later

Atm cod mw2019 uses these  ports it also looks like black ops cold war ues thes ports

I will update this if i find more

Source start 3074 end 3074    destination  start 30000 - end 45000 udp for ps4

Source start  3075  end3075 destination  start 30000-end 45000  udp xbox

Sourcestart 3074 end 3074  destination start  3074 end 3074   udp i get higher upload on this still

Source start 50000 -end 65535   destination start3074 end 3074  tcp ps4

Source  start 50000  end 65535   destination  start 3075 end 3075 tcp xbox 

The problem i am noticing with   using game consolse or classified games is this

If you use these  then i noticed that  the upload  counters show   that it mutch higher then the download counter

To me this seems wrong

When i put in the ports in i listed abovemy upload couter are a lot less tha my download  counter

This seems correct to me

I recently discored this  so please dont use this rule on ps4

Do not use this source  start 1 end 65535  destination start 1 end 65535  tcp and udp 

It overides your congestion control sliders  to 100 %  on ps4

You can see if traffic priortization is working by the red circle  it shows  red circle if its acctive during  playing the game

What im asking is if you guys and girls could help her by posting you results here

First play a few games with classified games  enabled and  see if your upload coutners are higher than the download counters

The disable classified games 

Then put the manual ports i listed  above and see if theupolad counters are lower for you

Btw you should reboot the router so it shows upload and download counters at 0   to make it less confusing 

When you reboot it resets the counters

Pleas post you results

2 hours ago, kinel said:

Im trying to  find out  the  best way to use taffic priortization for call of duty games

I think i know the best myself but i am trying to do an experiment to see if everyones results are

Atm cod mw2019 uses these  ports it also looks like black ops cold war ues thes ports

Source 3074    destination 30000 - 45000 udp for ps4

Source 3075 destination  30000-45000  udp xbox

Source 3074 destination 3074  udp

Source 50000 -65535 tcp

The problem i am noticing with   using game consolse or classified games is this

If you use these  then i noticed that  the upload  counters show   that it mutch higher then the download counter

To me this seems wrong

When i put in the ports in i listed abovemy upload couter are a lot less tha my download  counter

This seems correct to me

You can see if traffic priortization is working by the red circle  it shows  red circle if its acctive during  playing the game

What im asking is if you guys and girls could help her by posting you results here

First play a few games with classified games  enabled and  see if your upload coutners are higher than the download counters

Then put the manual ports i listed  above and see if theupolad counters are lower for you

Btw you should reboot the router so it shows upload and download counters at 0   to make it less confusing 

Pleas post you results

i do use 3074 port for both source and dest and my upload counter is higher than download counter. moving onto classified games its the same upload higher than download 

not only that what i have also realised is that when ever i play with my friends in CoD my download packets starts to rise signaficantly.

20201007_202330.jpg

Source 3074 destination 3074 udp  i get higher upload counters  sill i forgot to mention this  i edited  post to show it

Have you tried my recomended way 

If i do it the same way as you i get simmilar results 

Higher upload  been sent

My way you get higher downloads  priiratised well for me i do

Thank you for sharing your results

Your post reminded me my mistake in my  first post   its now fixed

The more people welcome to share there results 

28 minutes ago, kinel said:

Source 3074 destination 3074 udp  i get higher upload counters  sill i forgot to mention this  i edited  post to show it

Have you tried my recomended way 

If i do it the same way as you i get simmilar results 

Higher upload  been sent

My way you get higher downloads  priiratised well for me i do

Thank you for sharing your results

Your post reminded me my mistake in my  first post   its now fixed

The more people welcome to share there results 

well isn't getting higher upload packets better than download packets? 

12 minutes ago, Baturi said:

well isn't getting higher upload packets better than download packets? 

In my opinion  no

I think  download is more important

Upload is what we send  is bullets  so not that mutch data

Download is what server sends us   eg peoples possitioning  explosions gun fire etc etc

Kill streaks  

So i think that we should be showning higher downloads on the counters

But im no expert it just my opinion

Hey guys! In all reality one should see more download packets prioritized then upload..  Imo if you are seeing more upload packets then there is something not correct.. Thats just my two cents anyways. Im not exactly sure why upload packets would out number download packets though. Even when using a non DumaOS router like my ASUS for example and I prioritize by UDP ports my download has always been much more then upload in regards to prioritized packets. And as far as im concerned that is exactly what I should be seeing because we are always downloading more then uploading when playing a game.. And Ive only ever prioritized UDP type packets.. Ive never prioritized TCP packets.. 

Zippy.

This might look stupid but it's the only thing that worked for me idk how it does but it works, my shots register like how I wanted it to no shoot first and die idk if it will work for you but go ahead and try it MAKE SURE TO RESTART AFTER IF TRYING THE SETTINGS

Screenshot_20201007-095729.png

21 minutes ago, tehwayne said:

This might look stupid but it's the only thing that worked for me idk how it does but it works, my shots register like how I wanted it to no shoot first and die idk if it will work for you but go ahead and try it 

That is very interesting.. You have prioritized TCP packets only.. Which is strange because most of gameplay packets are UDP type.. If this works good for you though I say use what you like.. There really is no wrong way. I just find this interesting that TCP is giving you good results. I think when using DumaOS Classified games as an option UDP ports are only prioritized.. I dont think they use any TCP packets.. 

Thanks for sharing! Its always interesting seeing what others are doing..

Zippy.

1 hour ago, tehwayne said:

Idk how prioritizing tcp packets work for me either but I can finally play in peace now without shooting first and dying  

Thats the main thing. If it works for you thats key. I just find it interesting that you are only prioritizing TCP.. 

Thanks!

Zippy.

The game defently uses tcp  packets as i see them on my openwrt router

But there used as source 50000 -65535 i also thought that using these ports wasnt the main ones needed  but it sounds like i could be wrong

But somthing i did do about 2 weeks ago was to  try

This source     1- 65535  destination 1-65535 this was for the cold war alpha

As soon as i used this my gameplay became excellent

I never  tried it on cod mw

But i think i might try it in a few days after coldwar beta  

thanks tehwayne

Thanks zippy

1 hour ago, Zippy said:

Thats the main thing. If it works for you thats key. I just find it interesting that you are only prioritizing TCP.. 

Thanks!

Zippy.

I used to do the normal udp method but it never made a difference for me so happy I found my solution to this issue 

15 hours ago, kinel said:

Source 3074    destination 30000 - 45000 udp for ps4

Source 3075 destination  30000-45000  udp xbox

Source 3074 destination 3074  udp i get higher upload on this still

Source 50000 -65535 tcp

To me this seems wrong

This seems correct to me

Pleas post you results

Could you explain how your tcp rule is set up ie with source and destination I want to try that one but I’m confused how it should look as a rule 

can i ask what happens to all of this prioritize ports if you take ethernet  connection str8 from MODEM or ONT as a test go straight into the game console no other devices hooked up but a console not even a computer. what happens in this case to packets prioritizations? 

43 minutes ago, CableGames22 said:

can i ask what happens to all of this prioritize ports if you take ethernet  connection str8 from MODEM or ONT as a test go straight into the game console no other devices hooked up but a console not even a computer. what happens in this case to packets prioritA

There are a plethora of very skilled (+450^ spm) COD players who swear by a TYPE 1 Moderate NAT connection. I'd be surprised if there were a TCP/UDP catalyst range being overlooked from a modem to PC or console.

1 hour ago, vShikko said:

There are a plethora of very skilled (+450^ spm) COD players who swear by a TYPE 1 Moderate NAT connection. I'd be surprised if there were a TCP/UDP catalyst range being overlooked from a modem to PC or console.

oh i see then how would you go about finding out a way to get that nat type.. i had a moderate Nat type at one point in time...now i wonder if my open nat type is plaguing my game play. I get great games followed by bad games then back to great games like a cycle lol.. Never always just great games.. Hmm moderate Type 1 hah?

7 hours ago, braido1x said:

Could you explain how your tcp rule is set up ie with source and destination I want to try that one but I’m confused how it should look as a rule 

I would try  tehwaynes way of setting it up  as it seems to work for them i havent tried it yet

They set it up as source is set 1 in start box 65535 in end box tcp in ptotocol  box this makes a rang of 1-65535

Then in destination   you put in 1  in start box  65535 in end box tcp in protocol this makes a range os 1-65535

This is the easiest way lf me to explain without posting images sorry as i doing this from my ps4

I edited my first post to correct my mistakes 

Thanks braido1x  for posting

your post made me relise my mistake  the original post has been fixed to help others

Or you  could just do it  my way with my tcp ranges  i posted in this thread at start

But tehwayne might be a lot easier to do and would cover the ports  i may have  missed

I  will ty tehwaynes way later today if i have time

7 hours ago, kinel said:

I would try  tehwaynes way of setting it up  as it seems to work for them i havent tried it yet

They set it up as source is set 1 in start box 65535 in end box tcp in ptotocol  box this makes a rang of 1-65535

Then in destination   you put in 1  in start box  65535 in end box tcp in protocol this makes a range os 1-65535

This is the easiest way lf me to explain without posting images sorry as i doing this from my ps4

I edited my first post to correct my mistakes 

Thanks braido1x  for posting

your post made me relise my mistake  the original post has been fixed to help others

Or you  could just do it  my way with my tcp ranges  i posted in this thread at start

But tehwayne might be a lot easier to do and would cover the ports  i may have  missed

I  will ty tehwaynes way later today if i have time

Source 1-65535 destination 1600-65535 TCP the red light only comes on when I start cod 

On 10/7/2020 at 5:01 PM, tehwayne said:

This might look stupid but it's the only thing that worked for me idk how it does but it works, my shots register like how I wanted it to no shoot first and die idk if it will work for you but go ahead and try it MAKE SURE TO RESTART AFTER IF TRYING THE SETTINGS

how is your graph?

Screenshot_20201008-220851.png

by disabling DumaOS classified games and adding ports 1024-65536 both TCP and UDP for just my Xbox one, it has significantly lowered my upload ping under load in the connection benchmark from 52 ms to under 20 ms. Still dont know if it is going to improve the game play of Modern Warfare or not but i guess its a start.

I always have used 1-65535 both source and destination for UDP. Been working great. 

Later I am suggested by Netdums Fraser to use 1024-65535 as destination instead as it won't affect much with my other devices. 

But I have used back and forth between R2 and Freshtomato router. it all depends on games. 

I have made a log. You can check my sheets may be it is useful for someone https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BnLu3wCOVgarRHAVN-sPOfqd_vlOYLcwWAcT7tgpzpQ/edit#gid=79190517

19 hours ago, tehwayne said:

Source 1-65535 destination 1600-65535 TCP the red light only comes on when I start cod 

Aside from this prioritization rule, how does port forwarding have? do you use DMZ, Upnp or do you have a manual rule?

On 10/7/2020 at 4:01 PM, tehwayne said:

How did you do this? I’ve tried everything to get those ports open and all I get is errors!! I have an xr700. 

Tried both port forward and port triggering but get same error, must be missing something obvious and simple lol