Official R2 Firmware News

Netduma Fraser

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As Burger said - no specific day. 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

It is subject to change but not in the latest build I have used at the moment.

is there patch notes that come with the new firmware updates? like a break down of what has been changed/fixed?

I'd welcome this new firmware, although to be honest haven't had a lot of issues. I do have to reboot the router every couple of weeks, indication being that Adblocker stops working and then the UI is inaccessible. I'd love a scheduled reboot feature down the road if possible.

Edited by raikun
Spelling

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, raikun said:

I'd welcome this new firmware, although to be honest haven't had a lot of issues. I do have to reboot the router every couple of weeks, indication being that Adblocker stops working and then the UI is inaccessible. I'd love a scheduled reboot feature down the road if possible.

Let us know if that happens on the new firmware. We have got that feature on our idea list so you may see it in future.

36 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We're on track to release it this week, don't have a specific day for it currently.

are we talking a 5 day work week mon-fri 8-5 PM?  or 7 day week.  Do you typically have a day of the week that you use to release firmware updates more than others?

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Will it be a Release Candidate or stable firmware?

37 minutes ago, sHANADELT said:

are we talking a 5 day work week mon-fri 8-5 PM?  or 7 day week.  Do you typically have a day of the week that you use to release firmware updates more than others?

I would assume RC given we can't say it is stable until everyone has tried it. It could be any day really.